FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: OC: Starlight

Emotionless

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Starlight

Name: Starlight.

Species: Earth Pony.

Approximate age: 23.

Picture and Description: Starlight Thanks to @Whirl Wind for yet another great picture of my OC!

Background: Starlight grew up more or less alone; it wasn't that she was forced to be, but that she wanted to be. She wasn't always confident in herself, but instead focused on staying to herself and out of everyone else's way so life would be easier for everyone. For the first few years of schooling, this method worked, until it slowly developed into teasing and bullying because she was different. She was crushed, and didn't know what to do, until one day, a new visitor named Apus came and befriended her, making her feel happy when she was feeling down.

That's when she realized being alone was a terrible fate. She became more outgoing and open, making a few more friends scattered here and there and ending the torment others brought on her. She started expressing herself and found she was good at nearly all forms of artistic expression, from art to writing to music. Her favorite and best form of artistic expression is painting. The school she went to in Canterlot had a manditory art class where painting was the main subject. She fell in love with it through there. Though at first she was afraid to express herself; however, on the very last day of school before she began travelling Equestria, she painted a giant mural of everyone in her class in a big group huddle around the art teacher that is still on display there today. For work, she just creates works of art and sells them to whoever's willing to buy them. She does what she loves, but it unfortunately means there are times when she goes without enough money for proper food. She's always happy, though.

When she finished schooling, she decided to leave Canterlot, her home, and began travelling all over Equestria.

Personality: She's outward and kind, going out of her way to be surrounded by friends. However, when she's working and by herself, she gets spacey, often not even noticing if anyone else is around her. It's a rare day if you find her without a smile plastered across her face, and if she's not surrounded by friends, then she's working, since she's visited everywhere in Equestria and made friends there too. She jokes around a lot, tending not to take too much seriously, trying to make everyone laugh.

Cutie Mark: Starlight's cutie mark is a 10-pointed star. This is a representation of her star, which she named Apus, after the star for the bird of paradise and her best friend who came to help her. It's meant to represent her drive to travel the world and make new friends, and is the inspiration for most of her works.

Use: All types of RP, mostly shout box RP. She stays in Ponyville because that's where Apus lives, so she goes to visit him often.

Other: If her personality and background sound familiar, it's because she's mostly based off my past self and all the lessons I've learned along the way. I won't try to BS her and say she isn't largely based off me, but her personality is different enough that I feel she can be designated as separate from me.
      Last edited by Starlight; 11-02-2013 at 04:34 PM.

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Not too bad, nothing of major concern to worry about here!

My only real issue is the parts of this that are written entirely abstract. Who was this "someone from out of town", and how did they come to befriend Starlight?

What's Starlight's best or favorite form of artistic expression? How did she come to find this as a talent? What exactly is it that she does for work?

Finally, it's fine if she travels Equestria frequently, but we always like to note that the RP generally is in Ponyville and suggest developing some reason for being there.

The strongest people can admit
      when they're weak

Timid

Bits
      Awards Helpful MemberBest of '13 - Best WriterTime Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.Shouter
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
      Not too bad, nothing of major concern to worry about here!

My only real issue is the parts of this that are written entirely abstract. Who was this "someone from out of town", and how did they come to befriend Starlight?

What's Starlight's best or favorite form of artistic expression? How did she come to find this as a talent? What exactly is it that she does for work?

Finally, it's fine if she travels Equestria frequently, but we always like to note that the RP generally is in Ponyville and suggest developing some reason for being there.
      Already got all these covered.

The "someone from out of town" was actually Evermore, since Starlight is from my Evermore contest entry. However, if this is of concern to you guys, I can easily edit it and make up a new character (probably my other OC, Arcana).

Her favorite and best form of artistic expression is painting. The school she went to in Canterlot had a manditory art class where painting was the main subject. She fell in love with it through there. Though at first she was afraid to express herself; however, on the very last day of school before she began travelling Equestria, she painted a giant mural of everyone in her class in a big group huddle around the art teacher that is still on display there today. For work, she just creates works of art and sells them to whoever's willing to buy them. She does what she loves, but it unfortunately means there are times when she goes without enough money for proper food. She's always happy, though.

As for the reason to stay in Ponyville, it's quite simple. Her friend from out of town (be it Arcana, Evermore or otherwise) lives/stays in Ponyville, and since that friend is, for all intents and purposes, her best friend, she spends most of her time visiting there to see her old pal.

Hope that clears up any problems you may have had.
      Last edited by Justice; 11-02-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Grammar mistakes

Thanks to Chrysalis for the sig and avatar.

My OC story.

Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      @Justice

If you wouldn't mind leaving Evermore out of your backstory, we'd appreciate it. Because she's kind of our own introduced CC, we're going to try to avoid having her used in character backgrounds. HElps prevent confusion when someone RPing as her forgets a backstory link!

The stuff you said above is otherwise fine, though. Just edit it into the OP and let me know, should be acceptable then.

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      @Twilight Sparkle

Alright, all taken care of. If you have no more problems, I'd like the RP perms to be put on this alt, but if you have more, I'm more than willing to hear them.

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Perfect, thank you!

Accepted.

im able to comunacate with my
      phone. sooo Yay? i guess.

Awesome

Bits
      Bits

OC: Starlight

Wonderful job chap :doctor:
      Last edited by Discorded Whooves; 11-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.
      I'm the doctor.