FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

  • Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Default
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 31
    1. #21

      Innocent
       
      Toriel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Canada, Ontario
      Posts
      1,930
      Bits
      19,093
      Awards 2Dustin Approach With Caustin - 2Dustin Approach With CaustinBest of '12 - Kindest MemberWhite Knight
      Quote Originally Posted by Switch-A-Shine! View Post
      Nonsense Raze, everyone's getting along just fine! Pez was legitimately worried about Dustin's mental health, and Sunset was just telling everyone

      that she hopes the American Landrace Pig will not be imported to her country because she doesn't like ham.

      Everything's fine.
      I'm not fine. I'm triggered, eh.
      Thanks Shine! thanked for this post
       

    2. #22
      Just because I'm chosen by fate or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.
       
      Godly
       
      Brosus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      7,710
      Bits
      509,072
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      Of course, that looks only at private merit-based scholarships, no sports scholarships or anything. It also ignores that they might just not be as concerned with high merits as the white students on average, and the merit focused minorities get those 4.4% of the scholarships. And once you add in the need-based scholarships they left out, I'm certain it will at the very least be even.

    3. #23
      What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond
       
      Smitten
       
      Cyrus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      England
      Posts
      5,267
      Bits
      21,893
      Blog Entries
      3
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey View Post
      Of course, that looks only at private merit-based scholarships, no sports scholarships or anything. It also ignores that they might just not be as concerned with high merits as the white students on average, and the merit focused minorities get those 4.4% of the scholarships. And once you add in the need-based scholarships they left out, I'm certain it will at the very least be even.
      >is presented with facts and figures that counter your point
      >reply with pure conjecture
      10/10
       

    4. #24
      Just because I'm chosen by fate or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.
       
      Godly
       
      Brosus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      7,710
      Bits
      509,072
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
      >is presented with facts and figures that counter your point
      >reply with pure conjecture
      10/10
      See, I would go find some sources, but the paper you linked is the only one my search (admittedly just googling, I don't feel like putting more effort in) turned up. For the past 5 entire years no one has dug any further than that, and all the news stories link their source back to it. That's some great support right there.
       

    5. #25
      What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond
       
      Smitten
       
      Cyrus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      England
      Posts
      5,267
      Bits
      21,893
      Blog Entries
      3
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey View Post
      See, I would go find some sources, but the paper you linked is the only one my search (admittedly just googling, I don't feel like putting more effort in) turned up. For the past 5 entire years no one has dug any further than that, and all the news stories link their source back to it. That's some great support right there.
      Aka: "there's no evidence to support my POV but like hell I'll admit I may have been mistaken."

    6. #26
      Just because I'm chosen by fate or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.
       
      Godly
       
      Brosus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      7,710
      Bits
      509,072
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
      Aka: "there's no evidence to support my POV but like hell I'll admit I may have been mistaken."
      Aka: you have no evidence the conjecture I said was WRONG despite there being an actual point behind it, but I can't find any evidence either, so we're at an impasse.
      Notice you haven't pointed out any flaws in my conjecture itself

    7. #27
      What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond
       
      Smitten
       
      Cyrus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      England
      Posts
      5,267
      Bits
      21,893
      Blog Entries
      3
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey View Post
      Aka: you have no evidence the conjecture I said was WRONG despite there being an actual point behind it, but I can't find any evidence either, so we're at an impasse.
      Notice you haven't pointed out any flaws in my conjecture itself
      I mean why would I when you have literally no evidence to back it up? I've shown evidence that the claims about minorities getting more scholarships is false, and the burden of disproving that then falls on you. Without evidence to back yourself up, there's no impasse, as you have no point

      Edit: that said I went to look at sports scholarships (yes it's 2011 again but it's still evidence that counters the claim) and guess who gets most of them? http://www.fastweb.com/student-news/...many-are-there
      Spoiler alert: it's white people
      Last edited by Cyrus; 02-25-2016 at 03:05 AM.

    8. #28
      Just because I'm chosen by fate or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.
       
      Godly
       
      Brosus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      7,710
      Bits
      509,072
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
      I mean why would I when you have literally no evidence to back it up? I've shown evidence that the claims about minorities getting more scholarships is false, and the burden of disproving that then falls on you. Without evidence to back yourself up, there's no impasse, as you have no point
      BRB, gonna do a study myself to prove an internet argument.
      Your one and only study has no evidence on anything but private, merit-based scholarships. There are no studies on anything else, probably because it's such a broad area it would be hard to measure. You may not be convinced by my argument, but I don't much care what you think. I just don't think your study is enough for me to change my views.
      And I'm too tired to dig any deeper on such a one-off issue. I've already got my college dealt with, so why should I care? Take your win if you wish, kek.
       

    9. #29
      What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond
       
      Smitten
       
      Cyrus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      England
      Posts
      5,267
      Bits
      21,893
      Blog Entries
      3
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey View Post
      BRB, gonna do a study myself to prove an internet argument.
      Your one and only study has no evidence on anything but private, merit-based scholarships. There are no studies on anything else, probably because it's such a broad area it would be hard to measure. You may not be convinced by my argument, but I don't much care what you think. I just don't think your study is enough for me to change my views.
      And I'm too tired to dig any deeper on such a one-off issue. I've already got my college dealt with, so why should I care? Take your win if you wish, kek.
      The classic "I don't care really so lol you're a loser" approach to getting out of it
      I'll admit I do like those classic approaches, it's better than just stopping replying
      Thanks Brosus thanked for this post
       

    10. #30
      Just because I'm chosen by fate or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.
       
      Godly
       
      Brosus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      7,710
      Bits
      509,072
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
      The classic "I don't care really so lol you're a loser" approach to getting out of it
      I'll admit I do like those classic approaches, it's better than just stopping replying
      I really don't care, but I DO appreciate the activity that comes from you replying each time, bby. It's not like I like you, b-baka.
      I said I didn't care enough to continue so you win, take your victory bby internet arguments are pointless unless someone gets mad, and I know neither of us will, so what's the point?

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •