FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, EqF

Baron
      Finia is the only person
      keeping the site alive.
      #Finia4owner

Cool

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Oh boy... I was planning to friend you right before I read this too... alright time to say what I think about the situation.
      The internet is a deep dark place where you know your not safe and you try to be safe but end up screwed. Ponies lie and do what they want here. I personally think that even Dystopia should have its limits. I know its a place where you can troll and do basically whatever but you need law and order as well for this kind of section. However, slightly I agree with Derpy in that your gonna be hurt. However, being on the internet is still not an excuse to just be like this to ponies. Ponies just say "Duuuur were on the internet lets be as harsh as possible to literaly anypony." THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE (sorry for the caps but it needs to be emphasised)! One idiot thought that one day that its ok to be like that and the rest just followed thinking that its ok to be like this. I despise bullying since I was bullied in the past (Middle school and near the end of elementary school, I'm as happy as a peach now). "Bully" is a term that many consider as a childish term. However its appropriate for the idiots who use the not actualy valid excuse "its the internet." I would have suggested trying to get past it and continue after taking a bit of a breather but still. The internet has turned into deep, dark, forbodding place all for the stupid excuse "its the internet." I dont mind trolling, in fact I do my little bits of trolling here and there. Not to an extreme thou and if I do go too far I would apoligize. What Derpy said thou about if you cant handel something like this than you shouldnt be on the internet that much or at all was stupid. I'm sorry for being harsh but that is one of the stupid things I here ponies saying when they are trying to be over-trolls on the internet. The internet is for everypony. It was designed for everypony and it still is but you all just take and wipe your excuses on others. They use this dumb excuse as a backbone. Problem is its totally irrelevent. I personally dont use Twitter, facebook or any of these things and this is one of the reasons why. You also shouldnt be putting big secrets in places where its not that hard to find it. Sorry but you did sorta fall into a big target zone. Eather way the ponies who did this might not be ashamed and I am pretty sure your not gonna see this. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

I'm better than the
      Gingerbread Mare!

Cocky

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      The farthest Trib went back was a month and a half if my memory serves me correct, which isn't that deep considering he screencaped 15 or so Tweets.
      I've even looked at her Twitter herself, and it was not hard at all to find awful Tweets. It was literally every other Tweet. :L
      She should have kept those Tweets private because her fantasies with Dante should honestly have been kept between her and Dante. That is a very private matter, and should be discussed privately, wouldn't you agree?
      I agree with the whole fantasy part, but that is practically irrelevant.

My point was that using that as a justification for collecting the information is just bullshit.

They didn't collect the screenshots because they were available to the public, they were collected because whoever was reading them wanted to show the Dystopians and make fun of her.
      Likes Philomena liked this post

My MLP Novel | Patreon | Youtube | Ask Lonershy

Count
      PPMD Kreygasm

Cool

Bits
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rainb0wdashie View Post
      I agree with the whole fantasy part, but that is practically irrelevant.

My point was that using that as a justification for collecting the information is just bullshit.

They didn't collect the screenshots because they were available to the public, they were collected because whoever was reading them wanted to show the Dystopians and make fun of her.
      They collected the screenshots to make a thread about her because they could get access to the information, and the information had tons of embarrassing stuff. Had she either kept the embarrassing stuff private or thought about what she should and shouldn't make public, this entire fiasco would have never happened. She has some blame for this for not keeping what should have been private private. It's asking for trouble.
      Thanks Flip, Trib thanked for this post
      Likes Pyro MLG! liked this post

I'm better than the
      Gingerbread Mare!

Cocky

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      They collected the screenshots to make a thread about her because they could get access to the information, and the information had tons of embarrassing stuff. Had she either kept the embarrassing stuff private or thought about what she should and shouldn't make public, this entire fiasco would have never happened. She has some blame for this for not keeping what should have been private private. It's asking for trouble.
      I don't know is this is the right term or not, but: correlation does not equal causation.

Because the information existed publicly is not the sole reason the information was collected and posted to a troll forum.

If that is the reason, then I could find someone's name in the shoutbox archive and use it to find sensitive information like addresses, credit card numbers, and social security numbers and not be at fault because their information was publicly available.

So is saying someone's name in the shoutbox asking for trouble because there's the potential for someone to dox them and collect all of their sensitive information? Should we all live in fear that anything we say is going to be used against us?

No, we shouldn't have to conduct ourselves like that, and expecting someone to is just asinine. Which is why that is such a scape-goat excuse.
      Thanks Arpeggio thanked for this post
      Likes Philomena, Arpeggio liked this post

My MLP Novel | Patreon | Youtube | Ask Lonershy

Won't be on EqF anymore.
      Goodbye.

Down

Bits
      Bits
      Some people are really making bad examples for this site...

I wish I knew you more Wandergirl. Some people are heartless losers that feel tough behind a silly computer. No one knows why God created them, but they are lower than low so he was trying to fill in some useless space on this earth.

I really hate to see you go my dear. I hope you find a new community in whom you can trust. For the ones who didn't hurt you, we love you.

Baron
      Battleborn beta is pretty
      sweet.

Amused

Bits
      Bits
      Well this sucks. I'll miss you Wander. I keep hoping this is some late April Fools, but considering your thread about how you hate those I'm not holding my breath. Twitter may not have been the best place to post all that stuff, I can't deny that. Regardless of where it was posted or whether or not it was public or private doesn't matter, the intent on putting it here for everyone to see remains the same. You seemed like a sweet girl. Maybe you went a little overboard sometimes...I still think your sizable donations to charity were outrageous. You are the living embodiment of Noblesse Oblige. But you made for some enjoyable company and I'll miss you. Hope you come back.
      Spoiler: Pony Personality Test Results 

Lord
      Finally coming out as the real
      me

Fabulous

Bits
      Bits
      I have a few things to say on this subject.

First off, I've been through the same thing Wander went through except it was my "private" facebook stuff that certain people had access to because the site was in the middle of a privacy software change that resulted in a huge amount of users' stuff all being publicly visible. Stuff was copied that no one else was supposed to see and was posted mercilessly for a month and a half. Yes it sucks but first off, it shouldn't have been public in the first place. Honestly sometimes if I meet someone online, I'll get curious and look them up on Twitter or Facebook if I have a name of some sort to go off of. I could have easily stumbled upon her stuff. My first instinct would be to come clean and PM her asking if it was her and would leave it at that. However, that wouldn't change the fact that I would have already seen and remembered the stuff posted there.

Second, why do people always insist on reacting rashly and giving the trolls the reaction they want. If you just go with it and give the "uh huh, that's nice" response then they'll get bored and you'll most likely win the respect of your fellow board-mates. It's not like you can't sit back and think about how to respond before you fire off some half-baked response since you know, it's the internet where you can take as long as you need to type out a few words.

Third, I am pissed at the person who did this. Sure there weren't any laws broken but the ethical implications are astounding. I would also like to say that I haven't been on dystopia in weeks and have not seen any of the content that was posted and I don't plan to. However, I am appalled although not surprised that something like this happened.
      Last edited by ~Ika Musume~; 04-05-2013 at 11:23 PM.
      Thanks DJ P0N-3 thanked for this post
      Likes DJ P0N-3 liked this post

Baron
      The Sweetest Background Pony

Silly

Bits
      Awards Best of '12 - Best Signature
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowdrop View Post

Fourth, I contacted Wander as soon as I found out what had happened and basically told her that I had been through her situation before and could help if she wanted it. I'll be honest, her response showed that she did not bother to read my message beyond the first few lines and the response I was given was selfish, inconsiderate, and made her out like she had to outdo me in who has had worse things happen to them in life. I don't care about that. My intention was just to help a distraught friend and I made that explicitly clear. However, as far as I can tell at this point, she feels like she just wants everyone to feel sorry for her and doesn't want her life to get better.
      @Dante maybe you should reconsider things...
      I have noticed when she is mad she seems to become closed minded and doesn't like to listen to reason. I do hope she she actually reads some of these replies and takes the time to process her role in this. I am not saying she set herself up, or what was done to her was right, but she did post the information in a public place and she is reacting to this is a childish way. I think that now more than ever when I read this.
      Thanks Shimmer Mint thanked for this post

Lord
      Finally coming out as the real
      me

Fabulous

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Candy Mane View Post
      I have noticed when she is mad she seems to become closed minded and doesn't like to listen to reason. I do hope she she actually reads some of these replies and takes the time to process her role in this. I am not saying she set herself up, or what was done to her was right, but she did post the information in a public place and she is reacting to this is a childish way. I think that now more than ever when I read this.
      ^
      This, I'm not saying she's at fault for this happening but it could easily have been prevented and she is making it far worse for herself. Like I said, as far as I can tell she just wants us to feel sorry for her and beg her to come back.
      Last edited by ~Ika Musume~; 04-05-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Won't be on EqF anymore.
      Goodbye.

Down

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Candy Mane View Post
      I have noticed when she is mad she seems to become closed minded and doesn't like to listen to reason. I do hope she she actually reads some of these replies and takes the time to process her role in this. I am not saying she set herself up, or what was done to her was right, but she did post the information in a public place and she is reacting to this in a childish way. I think that now more than ever when I read this.
      She should've approached this a lot better than just running away it's the INTERNET, anyone can see what you say. My parents always told me, "be careful what you post on the Internet."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast