FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      The Shortest Round

Honry4pony69

Confident

Bits

Angry Autism Rant: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Edition

Okay so I just want to start this off by first saying I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure seasons 1-3, I think it is an excellent anime with a captivating story, interesting concept and unique characters and stylized animation. This rant will not be covering this golden testament to human achievement rather it will be focusing on the abortion that is the upcoming season 4: Diamond is Unbreakable.

Now. For those of you unaware of what Jojo is, it's an anime, or Chinese cartoon as normies refer to it. It's been around since the late 80's as a manga and is still going on today, originally it pseudo-mocked hyper masculine animes of the age with gags and animation that played on tropes and cliches seen in other animes, especially Fist of the North Star, whom one of the characters, Jonathan Joestar, looks remarkably similar. This slight mockery gave the show comedy and edge, combined with the continuing family lineage storyline and unique abilities given to characters it became very popular.

The most famous character, Jotaro Kujo, first seen in part 3 of the manga and the second season of the anime, was told he had a stand ability which is essentially a spirit protector the owner can control and has specific abilities. Jotaro's stand, Star Platinum, is based on the tarot card The Star, number 17. As all other stand users in season 2 and 3 are also based on tarot cards such as The Moon, The Magician, The Empress etc.

Spoiler: Jotaro and Star Platinum 

Star Platinum's special ability was the power to stop time up to 10 seconds along with being able to punch incredibly fast and have rapid reflexes. When landing rapid punches on enemies he would shout his iconic "ORA ORA ORA" sound.

Spoiler: Star Platinum murders a stand 

You'll notice the art is very stylized which gave the series its appeal and uniqueness among other manga and anime. For seasons 1-3 this was the art style used. At the end of the third season, the overarching antagonist, Dio, had been defeated and it seemed as though the story was summed up nicely with all evil stand users defeated and the main villain destroyed as well.

However...they announced the continuation of the Jojo anime...

This part... called Diamond is Unbreakable, follows a somehow illegitimate son of Jotaro's grandfather and surprise surprise he has a stand too. But this one isn't even based on the tarot cards, oh no it's just there. The stand's name is Crazy Diamond and its ability is the power to repair anything (except the stand user) and ability to punch quickly while making a repitive yell, ALMOST LIKE YOU COPY PASTA'D STAR PLATINUM'S ICONIC SOUND AND PUNCHING ABILITY

So faggot aka Josuke meets Jotaro and they have a fight and *clears throat* *smiles angrily* Jotaro nearly loses. WHAT. ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME M8?!? FREAKING STAR PLATINUM, WITH THE ABILITY TO STOP TIME AND STOP A BULLET AND PUNCH AT MACH 5 NEARLY LOSES TO FREAKING HANDYMAN THE STAND?!? WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT?

Oh God and guess what, there's more stands, and guess what also, they're all humanoid and all look pretty similar. Yeah and none of them have any special basing like the tarot cards no they just exist.

But this isn't even the biggest problem I have with this shit show of a season, no it's the art. Fuck it's awful.

Spoiler: Abomination 

Spoiler: my FUCKING face when 

JOTARO...WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU??? Why are you Caucasian now with a snub of a nose and eyes that are unnaturally blue? It's just so bland and uninspired and looks like cancer. But it's fitting as the art style matches the writing (shit).

MAKE ANIME GREAT AGAIN DAMNIT STOP WITH THE SHIT WRITING AND HORRIBLE ART STYLE

Spoiler: also 

Time to make a masterpiece!

Just because I'm chosen by fate or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.

Godly

The guy that owns the site I guess?'s Avatar
      Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

The Shortest Round

Honry4pony69

Confident

Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey View Post
      SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Community Manager
      It's all a balancing act,
      really.

Classy

Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Anypony View Post
      "...and its ability is the power to repair anything (except the stand user) and ability to punch quickly while making a repetitive yell, ALMOST LIKE YOU COPY PASTA'D STAR PLATINUM'S ICONIC SOUND AND PUNCHING ABILITY"

"So faggot aka Josuke meets Jotaro and they have a fight and *clears throat* *smiles angrily* Jotaro nearly loses. WHAT. ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME M8?!? FREAKING STAR PLATINUM, WITH THE ABILITY TO STOP TIME AND STOP A BULLET AND PUNCH AT MACH 5 NEARLY LOSES TO FREAKING HANDYMAN THE STAND?!? WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT?"

"Yeah and none of them have any special basing like the tarot cards no they just exist."

"WHAT IS THIS??? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU JOTARO?? Why are you Caucasian now with a freaking snub of a nose and freaking eyes that are unnaturally blue? Also SEASON 4 TAKES PLACE 3 YEARS AFTER SEASON 3 AND HE LOOKS 12 YEARS YOUNGER WTFFFFFF"
      Especially after reading these parts, I really felt the crime that took place here.

Even though I haven't watched the series, the shear amount of power-level pandering upsets me greatly.

It really cheapens the experience when the creators start writing in new special snowflake characters and abilities
      that break all of the series' own rules just to make it 'more badass'.

Overall, the premise of the new season sounds like a middle school student wrote it.

I'm sorry for your loss, Anypone~ May the based animu Kami-sama have mercy on your 2D soul.

Property of Celestia.

The Terror of Ferguson
      The moon is gonna be full
      tonight

Godly

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Switch-A-Shine! View Post
      Especially after reading these parts, I really felt the crime that took place here.

Even though I haven't watched the series, the shear amount of power-level pandering upsets me greatly.

It really cheapens the experience when the creators start writing in new special snowflake characters and abilities
      that break all of the series' own rules just to make it 'more badass'.

Overall, the premise of the new season sounds like a middle school student wrote it.

I'm sorry for your loss, Anypone~ May the based animu Kami-sama have mercy on your 2D soul.
      You know what the real crime is? Moving on from part 2
      The pillar men were amazingly designed villains and hamon is better than stands IMO

They should have had more pillar men so multiple jojo generations could fight them using hamon, or have kars come back from space
      I'm pissed that they milk stands for 6 arcs but hamon only gets 2
      Joseph should've gotten 50 episodes instead of Jotaro

The Shortest Round

Honry4pony69

Confident

Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
      You know what the real crime is? Moving on from part 2
      The pillar men were amazingly designed villains and hamon is better than stands IMO

They should have had more pillar men so multiple jojo generations could fight them using hamon, or have kars come back from space
      I'm pissed that they milk stands for 6 arcs but hamon only gets 2
      Joseph should've gotten 50 episodes instead of Jotaro
      To be honest I agree with you here. As much as I like Jotaro and him defeating Dio with Star Platinum I think the pillar men's motives were more complex and not simply "pure evil" like Dio. Also yeah they were so interestingly designed and Wammu is a based GOD. When he died that was pretty emotional and Wammu seemed like actually halfway good in the sense of his code of honor and morality.

Hamon is an interesting ability because it's developed rather than given at birth like stands which I think is better because people, like Joesph and Jonathan, must go through rigorous training to improve in order to defeat their enemies. Like seriously Joseph nearly dies on multiple occasions in order to improve his abilities to fight Esidesi and Wammu.

Overall, I don't like how they just completely got rid of Hamon and have focused solely on stands now. I wish they would change it but I doubt they will since stands seem to be the iconic image of Jojo now. But the best thing about part 2 oh God the pillar men theme Jesus that shit is so cash <3

This cancer still exists?

Wise

Bits
      Even though I don't know this anime and I'm not really a big fan of anime to begin with, I can see why this would fuck viewers off. I hate it when people just redesign characters, whether it be in video games, movies or anime (in this case) with no ryme or reason and make them either do something that the original character would NEVER do (kill people or whatever), make them completely useless (Quan Chi in MK X for example. Guy is suddenly everyone's bitch when in MK9 he was a badass) or just make them look like a jackass.

It's just as annoying when they introduce a new character and they're annoying or completely wank.

Spoiler: My discord 

The Terror of Ferguson
      tonight

Godly

Bits
      Blog Entries
      To be honest I agree with you here. As much as I like Jotaro and him defeating Dio with Star Platinum I think the pillar men's motives were more complex and not simply "pure evil" like Dio. Also yeah they were so interestingly designed and Wammu is a based GOD. When he died that was pretty emotional and Wammu seemed like actually halfway good in the sense of his code of honor and morality.

Hamon is an interesting ability because it's developed rather than given at birth like stands which I think is better because people, like Joesph and Jonathan, must go through rigorous training to improve in order to defeat their enemies. Like seriously Joseph nearly dies on multiple occasions in order to improve his abilities to fight Esidesi and Wammu.

Overall, I don't like how they just completely got rid of Hamon and have focused solely on stands now. I wish they would change it but I doubt they will since stands seem to be the iconic image of Jojo now. But the best thing about part 2 oh God the pillar men theme Jesus that shit is so cash <3

Answer this though
      If you're butthurt that his stand doesn't follow the tarot, why aren't you butthurt that those in season 3 followed the gods of egypt?
      Also wasn't Dio's stand very similar to Jotaro's as well?
      Either way, Holly's stand was the same as Hermit Purple since they were family, so why can't Josuke's be similar to Jojo's since they're family as well?
      And finally, why was it ok in the manga but it's not ok in the anime?

The Shortest Round

Honry4pony69

Confident

Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
      Answer this though
      If you're butthurt that his stand doesn't follow the tarot, why aren't you butthurt that those in season 3 followed the gods of egypt?
      Also wasn't Dio's stand very similar to Jotaro's as well?
      Either way, Holly's stand was the same as Hermit Purple since they were family, so why can't Josuke's be similar to Jojo's since they're family as well?
      And finally, why was it ok in the manga but it's not ok in the anime?
      Yeah it's fine in season 3 because they're still based on something, everything past season 3 is just American pop culture references which I don't see as significant or as meaningful. And Jotaro's and Dio's stands were basically mirror images of one another, they have nearly the same abilities and stats but that's what made the battle so epic; Dio, a superhuman vampire with the power of essentially Jotaro's stand should've beat Jotaro. However with Jotaro's companions and his own strength he was able to defeat him. Holly's stand didn't make much sense to me either, it wasn't based on any tarot so I found it kind of confusing-I don't think two people can share a stand if both Joeseph and Holly had Hermit Purple but who knows. I would think Josuke's would be more similar to Joeseph's considering he is Josuke's father and the connection is stronger as is Holly with Joeseph.

The Terror of Ferguson
      tonight

Godly

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Yeah it's fine in season 3 because they're still based on something, everything past season 3 is just American pop culture references which I don't see as significant or as meaningful. And Jotaro's and Dio's stands were basically mirror images of one another, they have nearly the same abilities and stats but that's what made the battle so epic; Dio, a superhuman vampire with the power of essentially Jotaro's stand should've beat Jotaro. However with Jotaro's companions and his own strength he was able to defeat him. Holly's stand didn't make much sense to me either, it wasn't based on any tarot so I found it kind of confusing-I don't think two people can share a stand if both Joeseph and Holly had Hermit Purple but who knows. I would think Josuke's would be more similar to Joeseph's considering he is Josuke's father and the connection is stronger as is Holly with Joeseph.
      After seeing a couple episodes of the season, I take back what I said
      Josuke's stand is pretty cool and original
      Idk what the main villain will be but all the stands so far have been pretty imaginative
      The design is different form what we're used to but it fits with the tone

tl;dr kill yourself