FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: OC: Inky Doo

Cutie Mark Creator
      Out of marshmallows and out of
      hope.

Down

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsWhite Knight
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Inky Doo

Name: Inky Doo

Species: Unicorn

Approximate age: 19

Picture and/or Description: Inky has a light gray coat, a curly blue mane, and red eyes.

Background:
      Until she was 12, Inky lived in Ponyville. When her father was offered a job in the Canterlot Library, he accepted, knowing that moving to Canterlot would offer a chance for his little ponies to get a better education. Although sad to move away from her friends, she was happy to get to see and experience a new place. While in Canterlot she discovered her cutie mark and learned how to use a little magic. A year ago she decided to move away from her father and brother and return to Ponyville. Upon moving back to Ponyville Inky was sad to find that many of the friends she had made as a younger pony had moved away. She kept her spirits up however, and quickly met and became friends with some new ponies. Inky lives in an apartment near the edge of town, and finds it a hassle to get groceries, but otherwise loves it there. She currently works as a writer for a magazine, submitting short stories and articles, but hopes to become a published author soon. She visits Canterlot often, in order to see her family and the friends she made there.

Personality:
      Inky is a pretty level headed pony who is very dedicated to writing. She will write down pretty much every and any thing that happens, although her real love is for writing fiction. She loves telling stories and being involved in things. She is generally very kind, and tries to understand both sides of a story rather than making assumptions. She can be a bit nosy, and has a tenancy to get herself into trouble while sticking her nose into things that she aught not.

Cutie Mark:
      Her cutie mark is a notebook with a pen writing in it. She got her cutie mark one day while she was supposed to be writing a paper about archaeology for school, but instead got sidetracked into making up her own story about a mare who got trapped behind a rock slide at a dig. As she wrote, she realized just how much she loved writing and making stories, and realized that writing was what she wanted to do with her life. Her talent is writing and making up stories. She spends hours making up stories and enjoys telling stories as much as she enjoys writing them.

Optional:
      She is a Unicorn, so I will include what kinds of magic she can use: For the most part, what she can do is basic. Pick things up, move them, making her horn glow in the dark in order to see more easily. Her magic is rather weak compared to most other unicorns, however.

The name of the magazine she works for is the Equine Articles. (I completely made it up, so technically she's the only one that works there. )

Use: Probably just forum RP.
      Last edited by Rose Bubble; 09-10-2012 at 04:00 PM.
      Likes Starswirl the Bearded liked this post

Coco Pommel is best Pony.

#CARE Celestia Actually Ruined Everything

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      This looks pretty good! Just a few things to edit back up.

You should consider expanding the cutie mark story just a tad. Instead of telling us she was just writing one day, tell us what she was writing. Explain if it happened randomly, or something more along the lines of reaching a goal (usually when it occurs in the canon). Typically, if writing was something she did daily, just having one day where she does "the norm" and earns her cutie mark seems a bit off.

Also, show us a brief description/example of the "illusion of darkness" spell, please! We'll need to see what exactly that does.

Cutie Mark Creator
      Out of marshmallows and out of
      hope.

Down

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsWhite Knight
      Bits
      A whole week later.......

I expanded on the Cutie Mark story, and removed the illusion spell altogether.
      I removed the spell because i couldn't think of a real reason for her to have learned something like that in the first place, seeing as it wouldn't have been very useful. I'm fairly certain i had a reason for it existing before, but i never got around to explaining it and now I've forgotten, so there was really no point in keeping it.
      Likes Twilight Sparkle liked this post

Coco Pommel is best Pony.

#CARE Celestia Actually Ruined Everything

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Thanks for updating, @Inky Doo!

No worries about rushing to get it done, you could've taken three months to update if you really wanted to! (And yes, this has happened)

Either way, this looks more than acceptable now, you're free to RP on the forums. Nice job! I'd suggest you give shoutbox RP a try as well, if it's not active and you say something chances are another RPer will pop up... a different RP experience some enjoy more. Have fun!
      Thanks Rose Bubble thanked for this post