FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      The Archpony
      Owner of the Equestria Forever
      DeviantART Group

Awesome

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Post R.I.P. Sky Flare

Before I start this off, I would like to acknowledge that most of you may not know who Sky Flare really is. The last time he was on, he was looking for support and kindness for the death of his friend, who had died in a Car Accident earlier that week. When he came on, I came on with him, giving him whatever support he needed, knowing it would comfort him to have a close friend near to hear him. However, the members accused him of simply looking for attention. I couldn't believe members of the forum did not even show an ounce of compassion for him. So he left the forums permanently, swearing to me that he would never come back.

Sky Flare's real name is Skyler McCall. I have witnessed much of his struggles with depression and sorrow for the past 2 years. We first met on the forums. Knowing he was troubled, I connected with him further, first with Steam, and then through Skype. He was at the time a student in College, struggling with constant bullying. He would come home every day, and share his experiences with me. I was there to comfort him in everything. He was living in the Vegas Area at the time. He has come close to committing many times, the longest time, I fought for his life for nearly 6 hours, before he finally agreed to wait it out.

Later, he was determined to be medically unfit to stay at the college. He has Ishaemic Heart Disease, and was transported to the hospital due to a severe attack on his heart during one of his classes. He had to go to a College for the Disabled, so that there would be doctors on standby at all times, in case another serious attack were to happen. He was treated on several occasions, but managed to pull through. About a year later, he was considered fit to return to a normal college.

However, when he was going back, he found that he would have to pay the entire tuition himself, because he was not eligible for any loans, due to his disability. He could not afford it, and thus, was forced to drop out. I remember when he told me that. He told me he was a failure. A constant failure. He always put himself down. Again, he wanted to end it all, and I forced him not to.

He moved in with his parents, which for me was one of the hardest struggles. He lived with his Mother and Stepdad. His Stepdad was overly cruel with him, and his mother was forced to go with whatever he said. I couldn't bear to see him in constant misery. He constantly threatened to end it, and I would constantly have to stop him.

Finally, I gave up. I gave up on talking him out of it... I said I could not help him. And he attempted to cut himself to ribbons. I did call authorities, and was stopped before to much blood was lost. I gave up. I had failed. After that moment, he was moved to his cousins house, because I had stressed that he could not bare to continue living this way.

It was these last few months that he lived with his cousin. He was not in constant misery, but neither was he happy. He simply lived. It was these times that I tried to be with him and support him. His memory, so filled with hardship, was coming to a rest. I, for the first time, felt he was at least at peace with himself.

This last weekend, I was at my grandmothers house. When I came home, I had a message from him saying that he was fading. That he was going to pass. His heart had finally beaten him, and with his last breaths, he chose to talk to me, and I gave my duty, my final duty, to give him full peace in death. I told him to not fear death, and to fight death if he could, but if he couldn't, he should embrace it, and not fear. His last moments were with me and his family. He passed away at 10:26 PM Sunday, May 12, 2014. He passed from Critical Heart Failure.

His life is much more detailed than just what I have said here, but I feel I am not at liberty to discuss the full relationship we shared with each other. I loved him, and I fought for him every step of the way. I was their to guide him. To see to it that he live fully.

Skyler, if you are reading this, I just want to let you know that I love you, and I care for you so much. I wish I had seen you, but know that my memories and my tears go out to you. May you find peace and happiness in death what you could not find in life.

Rest in Peace my friend,
      Azrael
      Michael Cole

I hope you heard this song before you passed, the song that you wished me to sing for you, so long ago. To my Earth Angel, I hope you hear me sing this.

Last edited by Azrael; 05-13-2014 at 03:11 PM.
      Thanks Ryan, Reph Towaylen thanked for this post
      Likes Reph Towaylen liked this post
      Lols Megumin Lol'd

Spoiler: My OC 

Thank you to Greenknight5700 on DA for the Wonderful OC Gift
      Artist link:http://greenknight5700.deviantart.com/

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Awards Time LordHelpful Member - All the guides.Shouter
      Bits
      I'm sorry for your loss. It seems like you had a very meaningful relationship with Skylar and that in itself is very powerful.

Seriously, though - not eligible for any loans due to his disability? What the fuck is that bullshit? This country is so fucked up... I don't know if it means anything to you or if it would mean anything to Skylar, but seeing that increases my determination to see our education system vastly improved. This cannot happen to others. Everyone deserves the ability to obtain the education they want so long as they're alive.
      Sig by Tilli

Spoiler: Steam 

The Archpony
      Owner of the Equestria Forever
      DeviantART Group

Awesome

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Xalder View Post
      I'm sorry for your loss. It seems like you had a very meaningful relationship with Skylar and that in itself is very powerful.

Seriously, though - not eligible for any loans due to his disability? What the fuck is that bullshit? This country is so fucked up... I don't know if it means anything to you or if it would mean anything to Skylar, but seeing that increases my determination to see our education system vastly improved. This cannot happen to others. Everyone deserves the ability to obtain the education they want so long as they're alive.
      If he died, it would have meant that the student loans would not have been paid off.
      Spoiler: My OC 

Thank you to Greenknight5700 on DA for the Wonderful OC Gift
      Artist link:http://greenknight5700.deviantart.com/

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Awards Time LordHelpful Member - All the guides.Shouter
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
      If he died, it would have meant that the student loans would not have been paid off.
      I don't think people should have to worry about money when it comes to obtaining the education they want. However this isn't quite the place to discuss it.
      Thanks Azrael thanked for this post

Sig by Tilli

Spoiler: Steam 

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits
      As I said earlier, I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully his soul is now with God, Allah, Buddha or whatever Sky Flare believed in. (if he believed in the first place)
      Well I wish I could say it was fun but it really wasn't, the bit I've been here was as much a shitstorm of hate as it was before even when I was simply making a joke, I'm gone.

All my activity/thoughts are findable in my usernotes, enjoy.

Baron
      Lovin' airlines

Arrogant

Bits
      Awards Linguist
      Bits
      It's always sad to hear of one passing on, especially when the circumstances are depressing. I know you cared for him a lot, and that you are feeling upset, so I want you to know that we are here for you.

Chrysalis made this awesome sig!

Baron
      In this world, it is kill or
      be killed

Toxic

Bits
      Awards Helpful Member
      Bits
      I'm really sorry for your lose, Azreal.
      You really did your best to help your friend, and that really makes you a nobleman in my vision; However, We really hope that you feel better eventually and remember that we are always here for you!

This is a status.

Toxic

Bits
      Bits
      I've already said R.I.P and such about 3 times earlier in the shoutbox to you Az.

But, may he R.I.P and be smiling down on you. Regards go to his parents (even if he was step dad was cruel, no parent should have to outlive their child as you said earlier, Az) and all of his friends, including you. I never knew him as a lot here didn't and if I was there when he came on and I was in that group of people who thought he was faking, then I sincerly apologise from the deepest parts of my heart. But as I said to you earlier Az, I honestly cannot remember ever seeing him in the shoutbox or on the site AT ALL.

Sorry for your loss, man.