FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, EqF

Baron
      The Sweetest Background Pony

Silly

Bits
      Awards Best of '12 - Best Signature
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
      She should've approached this a lot better than just running away it's the INTERNET, anyone can see what you say. My parents always told me, "be careful what you post on the Internet."
      True words, this is a prime example of how things you say on the Internet can come back to get you. It was odd in the first place she publicly posted such information, and I'm saddened it was used to hurt her, but I hope she has learned how to protect herself on the internet.
      Likes John liked this post

Lord
      Finally coming out as the real
      me

Fabulous

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Candy Mane View Post
      True words, this is a prime example of how things you say on the Internet can come back to get you. It was odd in the first place she publicly posted such information, and I'm saddened it was used to hurt her, but I hope she has learned how to protect herself on the internet.
      This kind of makes me wonder what the original intent behind said posts was. If it was just an ongoing self-pity party and she's pissed that people found out, or that she's pissed that people didn't see it and give the pity she wanted.
      Last edited by ~Ika Musume~; 04-05-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Won't be on EqF anymore.
      Goodbye.

Down

Bits
      Bits
      I've learned that the INTERNET is a meaner place than LIFE itself. You get exploited easier. Cyberbullying has less consequences than real life bullying. You get away with almost everything! Poor girl should've saw this coming.

Baron
      The Sweetest Background Pony

Silly

Bits
      Awards Best of '12 - Best Signature
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

I've learned that the INTERNET is a meaner place than LIFE itself. You get exploited easier. Cyberbullying has less consequences than real life bullying. You get away with almost everything! Poor girl should've saw this coming.
      People are pretty bold behind a screen, no fear of real confrontation, if things get to bad they just shut the computer down. So yes, people are meaner and it can get really bad. It's why people should exercise caution when posting personal information. It's happened to all of us, but we come back to the Internet and usually this forum at some point.

I'm better than the
      Gingerbread Mare!

Cocky

Bits
      Bits
      People are pretty bold behind a screen, no fear of real confrontation, if things get to bad they just shut the computer down. So yes, people are meaner and it can get really bad. It's why people should exercise caution when posting personal information. It's happened to all of us, but we come back to the Internet and usually this forum at some point.
      Allow me to quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rainb0wdashie View Post
      I don't know is this is the right term or not, but: correlation does not equal causation.

Because the information existed publicly is not the sole reason the information was collected and posted to a troll forum.

If that is the reason, then I could find someone's name in the shoutbox archive and use it to find sensitive information like addresses, credit card numbers, and social security numbers and not be at fault because their information was publicly available.

So is saying someone's name in the shoutbox asking for trouble because there's the potential for someone to dox them and collect all of their sensitive information? Should we all live in fear that anything we say is going to be used against us?

No, we shouldn't have to conduct ourselves like that, and expecting someone to is just asinine. Which is why that is such a scape-goat excuse.

Lonely

Bits
      Bits
      We will miss you
      Thanks Candy Mane thanked for this post

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Now who will I have to show off to in the Riddle Thread?
      I think you should reconsider, personally. But it's not my place to say, so I wish you the best.

We're all architects of our
      own private hell; no one can
      hurt us like we hurt
      ourselves.

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rainb0wdashie View Post
      Allow me to quote myself:
      The difference between what happened here and stealing someone's information such as social security, credit cards, etc. is that the latter is illegal. Simply moving something from one public place (something she chose to post publicly, not just something that is available because she made a purchase once on the internet) to another public place is not on the same level.

As for your first question: She wasn't doxed as I pointed out earlier. Nobody took her private information and it really didn't take any digging. Her Twitter was openly seen by anyone who wanted to do so and most of the posts on her page were similar to the ones taken and put into Dystopia. It's not like the worst ones were dug up from a sea of "private" and "innocent" (for lack of a better term) ones.

Living in fear whenever we post something shouldn't be necessary really. If you are comfortable with who you are, you can post whatever without worry. If you are trying to hide something, for whatever reason, then yes, you probably should live in fear about what you are trying to hide, especially if you're going to post it to a public place. The point is, there is a time and place to share such private information and that place is not a public account, or really the internet at all. If you want something private, keep it in person with those you trust, not on the internet with those you barely know.

As for the reasoning behind it, I can't really say for sure, but I'd imagine it's because of the image she's shown to many people. I'm not going to argue that overall she's a good person because she does seem to be one, but she's been known to rage at people and flip her feelings really quickly. She's not this perfect person people seem to be making her out to be, and as such, that is what I believe the reasoning was... to show people another side of her. Is it a good reason? Maybe, maybe not. That is in the eye of the person who did it and in everyone's individual opinion.

Long story short, both parties did something they shouldn't have done and it resulted in a decent member leaving the site. Is it unfortunate? Yes. Is it something that the entire site should be up in arms about? No. If Wander wants to leave, that is entirely her choice. Harassing Trib, or anyone else who had a part in it or hasn't immediately hated him, isn't going to bring her back and really is no different than her being harassed.
      Thanks Eris, ~Ika Musume~ thanked for this post
      Likes ~Ika Musume~ liked this post

Well that's not good

Down

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Wandergirl108 View Post
      Dear members of Equestria Forever,

This is the last thing I will ever do on this website - I am leaving, and the chances of me ever coming back are slim to none. Those of you who know what’s happened will understand this without needing an explanation; for those of you who don’t know, several people went out of their way to find my Twitter account, dig through all the Tweets I’ve ever made ever, take screenshots of the most personal and private conversations I’ve ever had on Twitter - MY end of those conversations, mind, and only mine - as well as a picture of me, and post all of it in a thread on Dystopia, thereby revealing my darkest secrets and the most humiliating things that can possibly be found online about me for everyone to see; they then proceeded to make sure I knew what they’d done, and they and others went out of their way to bully me about it.

I have never been so deeply hurt, betrayed, or violated in my life - and I’ve been bullied throughout most of my life, so that’s saying something. Twitter may technically be public to everyone, but I never had any reason to think that ANYONE would go through all the Tweets I’ve ever made, just to find the most humiliating things they possibly could about me, just to post all of it on a forum - I had reason enough to think I had a right to SOME amount of privacy there. I won’t be on Twitter anymore, either, even now that I’ve locked my account.

The extent to which I have been hurt by this event is so great that I will never be able to move past this for as long as I live. If any of you are even THINKING of saying “It’s just Dystopia, ignore it” or “Jeez, don’t make such a big deal over nothing”, I can say only this: YOU’RE NOT ME. You don’t know how many past wounds of hurt and betrayal I carry, you don’t know how much it matters that my darkest secrets not be revealed…YOU don’t have any right to say how I should or shouldn’t respond to this. If you need an explanation that you can understand, here’s enough of one: I used to have a CRIPPLING fear of the internet, and I only came on this site after much pleading and cajoling from my BF, many promises that this site was safe and the people here were friendly, and a reassurance that if anything were to go wrong, I’d be able to delete my account. Things could not possibly have gone more “wrong”, and as a result, it’s been ruined for me - even if Trib and the others involved die and everyone else forgets this ever happened so I’d technically be able to come on here without feeling utterly humiliated, I gave this site (and ALL forum sites) one chance, and it’s been ruined, so I will never be able to make myself come back.

I would like to thank @Luna for being a dear friend to me and helping me through many hard times; @Justice, @Nina, @Echo Coldheat, @Snowdrop, and @Cheerilee for being good friends as well, as well as anyone else I may not be able to think of at the moment; @José, for being the first to explain to me exactly how it happened that I was suddenly the target of everyone’s bullying; @Slowking, for being good competition in the arcade and for challenging my brain with his riddles in the riddle thread; @NowhereMan, for also being good competition in the arcade; @Braeburn and @Mr. Tex, for being good competition in the riddle thread; @Dante, for bringing me to this site where I had so much fun and many happy experiences before this happened; @Derpy, for the night you helped me through a difficult time, and for all the times I had you transfer a subscription from my alt account to the user of my choice; @Photo Finish, for being an amazing plushie maker and making the greatest plushie ever made for Dante (you’ll have to send me the bill via deviantART, but I will still pay full price for it, no matter how much it may be worth); @Discord and @Roseluck, for creating and designing this generally-wonderful website, though your rules regarding bullying, cruelty, and betrayal of privacy may be slightly lacking; and @Lyra, for being a wonderful community manager (I heard you were the driving force behind the eventual deletion of the thread that hurt me so deeply, and I am deeply grateful to you for that - the fact that you did that is the only reason I was even able to come on here long enough to post this; I wish you a long and happy life with @Bon Bon). I wish all of you the best of luck in all your future experiences in life, and bid you the fondest of farewells.

As for you, @Trib, and anyone else who was involved in all this, I’m not entirely sure if you understood just how crushingly hurtful your actions would be to me, but in the likely event that you did, I can only apologize deeply for whatever I did to you to make you feel like you had the right to put hours of work into ruining my life, and I hope that the knowledge that you’ve succeeded in forever destroying a piece of my life that I used to love is enough compensation that you’ll be able to forgive and/or forget whatever my offense was and move on with your lives. I wish you nothing but the best.

Overall, I’ve greatly enjoyed my time on this site, and the fact that I must leave now is in and of itself very sad and painful for me. I will miss most of you, and I will miss Equestria Forever. I’d offer my email address to the people I’ve become especially close to on this site, but I’ve been hurt far too much by all of this for me to feel comfortable with trusting any of you with that information. I don’t get emails about any notifications on this site - including Private Messages - so none of you will ever be able to contact me again. My YouTube channel will remain up and running because I’m trying to do something with my series that has nothing whatsoever to do with any specific person or people, but if I recognize you as being from this site, do not expect me to talk to you about anything except my videos and channel. I’m sorry, but I’ll have to treat everyone here that way, for fairness’s sake.

Equestria Forever, I bid you a fond farewell, and hope that this community continues to grow and blossom as it has, with as little bullying in the future as possible - none, if it can be helped. Take care, all of you.

…Goodbye.
      Wow. I'm so sorry to hear all that. I hope nothing like that happens again. I understand how u feel, I've had plenty of that in my life too. But u have the choice to leave or not, and if you are going, then just remember that life is a bumpy road. There's going to be problems. All of us face them. But don't ever give up. Eventually the road smooths out.

Forever lurking.

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      I'm not really surprised with the entire situation.

When you look from an objective perspective at the history of this site then you'll see that dramas like these are quite common for EQF. I'm not saying that it's just EQF though, just about every site on the internet where you can discuss things and can share your thoughts about things goes trough dramas and darker passages sooner or later. As much as we'd like to denie it, conflict and the urge to create it are buried deep within the human nature.

People will always try to prove their superiority or try to proof others are inferior to them, DOXING or trying to get dirt on someone is simply one of those more extreme ways to do it. Being it either for a good laugh or to actually hurt Wander, using such methods proves the existance of this flaw in the human nature.

There have been previous cases of similar behavior like this on EQF, it are usually the same type of people who are the victim and the exact same people as the times before who are the ones playing th bad guys, yet no action gets ever taken. Why you may ask? Well because the previous cases get forgotten very easely and the bad seeds in this community will be able to start again like nothing ever happened in just the course of a few weeks or at most 2 months. At the other hand the victims of these cases suffer from mental wounds that have been inflicted due to the situation, wounds that could very well remain scars on the souls of these people. People often neglect the consequences of their actions under the idea that the targeted people will be fine, and that is exactly one of the things that is wrong with the society nowadays. We neglect the fact that people are fragile beings far too easely.

It seems that people on this site still have no idea of what an influence the internet is on our everyday lives and the weight it actually has despite all the events that have happened in the past, here I am not only talking solely about the case where I was involved, but the many cases after that which I've watched pass by while lurking. A shame really, but like mentionned before, only natural. People don't learn from their misstakes, history proves that point more then once after all.

The internet has both become a tool for mankind to make things easier or more interesing in our lives and a weapon that can cause immeassurable harm to someone. Something to be feared.

I'm sorry that this fate had to befall upon you wander, I may not have known you very well on this site nor did I read the thread in dystopia, but I know the thing you're going trough at this very moment. Sorry that this site and the internet in general wasn't able to achieve the things you hoped for. I wish you all the best in your further life and with whatever decisions you'll make in the future.

~ Gando
      Last edited by JuniorGando; 04-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.

"Why don't you just **** off and die?" ( Disturbed ~ Down with the sickness )

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast