FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Regarding Continuity from FiM.org

This is something that has been somewhat bandied about among current RPers, so I figured it would be best to open it up to the community.

We all have a lot of connections to the characters and their actions as they unfolded back on FiM.org, but there is also the fact that we have a great opportunity to start anew, should we wish to do that.

That being said, would you like to have a reset of the RP, to start fresh on this site? Why or why not?

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      No reset, plz...

Large and in charge

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      I'd rather not have a reset, all my characters have been through a lot and I'd really rather not have to give up having the foals, cuz I like the baby ponies

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      Personally I vote for a reboot! It would be nice with a fresh new start.
      Of course, I don't have much to lose in way of character-development.
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!

Baron

Bits
      Bits
      To be honest, I think a reset, no matter how much everyone may not want it for their characters, would be in the best interest of the RP group as a whole, with a new and/or updated set of rules as well. Or if not a reset, at the very least a stricter set of rules, as the current allows some to do things that really aren't necessary for a good RP.

Baron
      Amused

Bits
      Awards Time Lord
      Bits
      Well, I suggest something like OC submissions but instead about character relationships, made and posted by all involved.
      Otherwise, tabula rasa.

a shell of what once was. only
      here as a memory now.

Lonely

Bits
      Awards Time Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.
      Bits
      hm.. i'll barely lose anything, so.. go ahead and reset!

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      I've kind of been thinking it should be based on the character. For me, there's things I'd like to keep that happened, and seeing as most RPers seem to be joining us here, it works out alright.

If you'd like to start a character fresh, feel free to do so. Post that you are doing a retcon in your character submission. Otherwise, it makes the most sense to keep things continual, IMO. Agree?
      Last edited by Twilight Sparkle; 08-15-2012 at 06:40 PM.

The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
      I've kind of been thinking it should be based on the character. For me, there's things I'd like to keep that happened, and seeing as most RPers seem to be joining us here, it works out alright.

If you'd like to start a character fresh, feel free to do so. Post that you are doing a retcon in your character submission. Otherwise, it makes the most sense to keep things continual, IMO. Agree?
      Actually, I would be strongly against selective reboots. I think it would be impossible to keep everything clear between which characters had been restarted and which had been kept the same. If anything, OCs can have other OCs written into their backgrounds. I honestly don't like that idea either, and would prefer either a carry over of as much as possible or a complete wipe.

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!

Disnerd at Heart
      Well, hello.

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      I personally think we should carry over, but then again I don't have much history developed by the actions in RPs to lose or keep either way. I just don't see what the problem is with carrying over, as long as we make it a point not to make it difficult for newcomers to be involved with our already "established histories" of our characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast