FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: OC: Black Steel

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Black Steel

Name: Black Steel (But properly known as Kuro.)

Species: Earth Pony

Background:

Black was born and raised in Ponyville. His father was an artisan. Specifically with metal and stone. While his mother was a liquor connoisseur. They together built up and created the tavern on the hill side of Ponyville near the Everfree forest because of the cheapness for the land being so close to the spooky woods. Originally calling it The White Lancer Inn due to the fact that it was a very hospitable environmental despite its location. Growing up Black was immersed in the trade of being able to tell the difference between fine wine and cheap knock offs. As well as being able to create works of art with metal aside from the mundane task of creating horseshoes and bolts/beams for construction. Early life was normal for black as black views normal anyway, in the mourning he would attend school then be forced to practice the harp and the piano by his mother. A mare who always thought only careful hooves could selectively pick the best wine batch out of the barrel. Unfortunately, this was something he did not very well agree with along with some of the other tasks his mother forced him to adopt. Such as wearing clothing in public and the act of 'proper' dancing. When he was allowed to free himself from his mothers 'torture' he would waste his time away in his fathers brick house. Pleading and begging to use and learn more and more about the anvil and the tools that accompanied it. Over the years he became a skilled crafts men just as his father. His youth allowing him to out do and achieve more than his father did. Which was how he got his marking of special talent. When his parents left to Canterlout they entrusted the Inn to him. In which he renamed The Tavern. After some years of running it he was called away for a stone masons job and left abruptly. Placing The Tavern in the hooves of Berry Punch. Though he now returns because the job was finally complete.

Personality:

Black is a very tough as nails kind of stallion. Being very serious and rarely one to sugar coat anything. He normally keeps quiet or reserved most of the times of the day because he spends his time in the brick house. But in conversations depending on the level of serious he bares his first encounters can range vastly. He voice is hard and brash so this also doesn't help his 'I am not really a bad guy.' case. Not to mention the fact that he cares little on how he is viewed as long as there is a good reason for it.

Cutie Mark:

In the years of his long life his father one day saw it fit to teach Black the arts of metal craft. Which if done wrong would lead to very dangerous results. Black didn't mind the idea of the danger so much, having dealt with some mess ups already in the stone mason teaching. It was nearing his mothers birthday at the time and black asked if he could make a metal sculpture of her. His dad at first chuckled due to the difficulty factor that this kind of task required. But seeing the determination in his son he gave his consent and began to lecture him on the tools he needed to craft the metal sculpture. That being the metal press, the anvil, clamps, and of course the hammer. To Black the hammer at first lift was rather heavy but this didn't steer him away from his goal. For hours that turned into weeks he spent all night and some of the day hammering and molding till he was finally finished. It was not till his mother scooped him up and told him how proud she was of him that he got his hammer on his flank. But at that point he knew he earned it.

Profession:

• The now Co-Owner of The Tavern
      • Metal Crafts Men and Stone Mason

Use:

All
      Last edited by slenderman; 11-19-2012 at 04:48 PM.

The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      Bits
      Hey there, @slenderman

Everything that's here looks good (and I believe you've already spoken with @Berry about the co-ownership), but there are a few things missing. First of all, we'd like to have some kind of story about how he got his cutie mark (think about the episode where the Mane 6 all tell their own Cutie Mark story). Secondly, we have virtually no background about Kuro. RP is about telling stories, this is your chance to tell us Kuro's story, and I'd really love to see it.

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!

Bits
      Bits
      @Rarity: Sorry for such the long delay. Due to the fact that I am suffering from a rather terrible chest cold. I was unable to mentally process enough of my brain to add a cutiemark story. I am still very very sick so if given the yes. The likly hood that I will jump into the shoutbox RP is still slim to none so take your time with the criticism.

The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by slenderman View Post
      @Rarity: Sorry for such the long delay. Due to the fact that I am suffering from a rather terrible chest cold. I was unable to mentally process enough of my brain to add a cutiemark story. I am still very very sick so if given the yes. The likly hood that I will jump into the shoutbox RP is still slim to none so take your time with the criticism.
      No worries at all, slender. I took another look through the submission and I like the additions you've made. I did notice a few technical errors in your writing, try to keep that in mind as you're writing to ensure that everything is able to be understood. Otherwise, everything looks good to me.

Feel free to join the RP whenever you're feeling better.
      Likes Gruncle Kaido liked this post

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!