FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, EqF

This is a status.

Toxic

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Seriously, the people who did this need banning from the site. That is just WAY too far. And this is Dystopia I'm talking about. I mean, if this happened to me, it wouldn't bother me as I have nothing personal or secret on my Twitter, but this is just wrong.

Bye Wander. Hope you're ok
      Likes Kurama-sama, Trib liked this post

Baron
      You're so fucking
      special.......I wish I was
      special.

Meh

Bits
      Awards Time Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.
      Bits
      I'm really sorry to hear that you went through this. What they did was really messed up (even for the section it was posted in) and I don't get what you may have done to deserve such actions. You seemed like a very nice person and a good friend, and it's a shame you're deciding to leave the site rather than brave through it with the friends you have here. But what you choose to do is beyond my own advice. I'll just try not to take any of your arcade scores while you're gone.

I hope to see you back someday.

It gets easier
      Nothing on the outside,
      nothing on the inside.

Drunk

Bits
      Bits
      Auf Wiedersehen, Wandergirl.
      Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
      Alright then

Closing this I guess since Blues is our new OC
      Quote Originally Posted by Browniecake View Post
      please don't be hard on me, I'm young.
      Spoiler: Press for insider's info on Twitch's dreamscapes  

OKBYE

Odi Et Amo

Godly

Bits
      Awards Time Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours average.
      Bits
      Although we may not know each other well, it's unfortunate to see you leave. You were an intellectual and an interesting person with many great thoughts and contributions to the forum. I wish you luck on your future endeavours. Because I don't subscribe to Dystopia, I have no idea what happened specifically. However, those who posted the information really should have thought twice—even jokes can become very harmful (assuming this was meant to be a joke, which I hope it was). It better have been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
      This is the Internet, if you're really going to leave over something like this... Then perhaps you should use less of it.

Not trying to make anyone mad, but this is just how life is, as much as it sucks.
      And the Internet must be a place of betrayal where one must be paranoid of their information even amongst trusted friends? I really don't see how we can condone this action from the antiquated idea that people on the internet must be impenetrable fortresses, otherwise they should leave it alone. Yes, in life there will be a minority of people in life who do things like this, and they end up hurting people typically. We have to respect the fact that not everyone can handle such things, because they take them more seriously. The Internet may be the home of cynics and trolls, but that doesn't justify the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
      You just gotta roll with the punches and take it. Only the strong survive.
      I don't see how Wander was being weak. She had every reason to act as she did, especially considering her previous experiences in life. Personal and embarrassing information about her was posted in a thread meant for entertainment. It may not have been targeted specifically against her, but I can understand why she would be angered that her personal information was being used to generate amusement. I know Dystopia is a place of trolling, insulting, and flaming, but I believe that there are still limits. Just because you're allowed to do something doesn't justify it nor make it right. I guess I just disagree with the notion that the strong people are those who appear to be concrete walls, which cannot be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by José View Post
      You had your fault posting intimate stuff on the internet, but I do think something went out of the limits, but it was MY limits, not Trib's, so saying something to him wouldn't do a thing.
      Don't push the blame on Wandergirl. I really doubt she had any idea that the intimate stuff she posted would be used like this. It may have been naďve, and while that action opened her up to harm, it was Trib and the others who did the harmful deed.

Anyway, however much I dislike the actions Trib and co took, I really don't think banning is the correct punishment. Of course, I am assuming that their intentions were not to cause Wandergirl to leave and feel betrayed. But to be honest, I doubt anything will fix this situation amiably. Alas, it's up to the moderation/staff to decide what will happen, and from what I can tell, nothing will (technically, no rules were broken).

In the end, if you are reading the replies, Wander, don't forget there are still people here who are your friends. I see no reason why you should let the actions of others ruin your relationships with those whose presence you enjoyed, but perhaps your trust in others must be rebuilt first. Wherever you go, I do hope nothing of this sort happens again, and once again good luck to you.
      Thanks Philomena, Princess Rainb0wdashie, Tank thanked for this post
      Lols Trib Lol'd

Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie!
      Hey... there... noticed you
      were... here...

Amused

Bits
      Awards Best of '13 - Best ArtistDecommissioned with HonorsArtist
      Bits
      I have laughed at this happening to unknown people in the past, so I won't try to pur morality in here, but I also won't try to push the old non-emotional logic most people use to justify crap like this... It kinda sucks when it happens to people I know, one way or the other... Good luck Wander, you were nothing but nice to me the few times we spoke and I think you are sweet... As a last thing I want you to know that I don't want you to leave because of this... But goodbye @wandergirl...
      Last edited by Limestone Pie!; 04-04-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Making Music

Awesome

Bits
      Bits
      I'm a junior here but what all these post read, people love you and you're widely liked, take my p.m. to your heart. One more thing ... it's Kinda touchy ... but ... whatever you do don't commit suicide ... if you do, those who 'doxed' you might feel bad but by you committing suicide, they'll have won.

Count
      PPMD Kreygasm

Cool

Bits
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Apple_Jack_Elite View Post
      I'm a junior here but what all these post read, people love you and you're widely liked, take my p.m. to your heart. One more thing ... it's Kinda touchy ... but ... whatever you do don't commit suicide ... if you do, those who 'doxed' you might feel bad but by you committing suicide, they'll have won.
      Leaving the site =/= Suicide
      Likes Papyrus, Trib liked this post

I'm better than the
      Gingerbread Mare!

Cocky

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by José View Post
      You had your fault posting intimate stuff on the internet
      She is not at fault for posting possibly embarrassing information on the internet. The fault lies in the people who made the decision to collect the information, pass it off to someone else to make a thread about it, and post it in a group where they knew she would be made fun of.

This excuse of "Well the information was already public" and "if you didn't want to the information collected then you should have made it private" is nothing but a cop out. It's a scape-goat of a reason and everyone is using it. You're using it, Babs is using it, even obor, the fucking community moderator is using it.

The fact is that at the time she made those tweets, over a month ago, she didn't make them with the intention of having them collected, and you'd have to dig pretty deep through her twitter profile just to find them.

So she is not at fault here, the people involved with making that thread are.

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      Leaving the site =/= Suicide
      I think what is was trying to say that because she seems a little emotionally unstable that this could be the trigger that causes her to commit suicide
      Likes Papyrus, NowhereMan, Philomena liked this post
      Lols Trib Lol'd

My MLP Novel | Patreon | Youtube | Ask Lonershy

And then their was none.

Heroic

Stratus City, Thunder Island or ponyville
      Bits
      Bits
      Wander I wish you a good fortune and I salute you

Count
      PPMD Kreygasm

Cool

Bits
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rainb0wdashie View Post
      The fact is that at the time she made those tweets, over a month ago, she didn't make them with the intention of having them collected, and you'd have to dig pretty deep through her twitter profile just to find them.

I think what is was trying to say that because she seems a little emotionally unstable that this could be the trigger that causes her to commit suicide
      The farthest Trib went back was a month and a half if my memory serves me correct, which isn't that deep considering he screencaped 15 or so Tweets.
      I've even looked at her Twitter herself, and it was not hard at all to find awful Tweets. It was literally every other Tweet. :L
      She should have kept those Tweets private because her fantasies with Dante should honestly have been kept between her and Dante. That is a very private matter, and should be discussed privately, wouldn't you agree?
      Thanks Trib, Shimmer Mint thanked for this post
      Likes Sam Gideon liked this post

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast