FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a status.

Toxic

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon Blackquill View Post
      If you are not seeking feedback on your thoughts, you should consider two things before making a thread:

First, should the thread be created in the first place? Forums (specifically the threads therein) are places to communicate with others. One person creates a topic, others respond to it, and, ideally, the original poster contributes to the conversation in a timely manner and attempts to keep it from derailing. Therefore, if you are not looking to have a dialogue, there rarely, if ever, a reason to create a thread.

However, if, by some ridiculous chance, you find yourself feeling that whatever is on your mind does warrant a thread, you also must consider the layout of the thread and how your convey your thoughts into words. For example, in this thread your introduction was a question... and a rather revealing one at that. You asked whether this topic should be in Debates or not. Simply by asking that question you opened the topic up to responses, not only about whether the thread was indeed in the wrong subforum, but also to debates about the topic being discussed as you implied it was quite debatable.

Those are two issues simply with the thread itself and with the very first line of said thread. I could go on if it were truly needed, but I feel I have made my point. Next time you feel the need to simply vent, and you do not want any feedback from your fellow forum-goers, simply put your thoughts into a Word document or another outlet in which there are no recipients who also have the capability of responding. It is equally therapeutic and does not lead to further aggravation on your behalf as you respond to the others in the thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadance View Post
      He doesn't have to go away if he doesn't want to.

Like Simon said, what's the point of making a thread if you won't listen/let anyone else comment on it? Seems like a waste of time to me.
      This and this all the way. ^

But seriously, as Cadance said, what's the point in even making a thread if you don't want people to post on it? And when someone states their opinion on said thread, you tell them to go away?

I think you really need to learn how a forum works. It is a community. If you post a thread, you WILL get a reply usually as that is the whole point of a thread.
      Likes Wheatley, Vaporeon liked this post

On Strike
      Omg 100,000 profile views.
      Also check out my Steam, just
      click on Home Page.

Bits
      Bits
      Everything has been said now. If you don't want anyone to post on this thread, start a blog instead.
      Likes Sam Gideon liked this post

*SYRIX INTENSIFIES*

WTF

Eastern Missouri, United States of America
      Bits
      Bits
      If everybody on the forum is just going to go out of their way to tell me I'm wrong, even when I explicitly state I don't want to argue, I'm not going to post in this section anymore.

In fact I might just stop posting on this site entirely.

I'm don't like to post anything about my life or start conversations because I'm afraid people will dislike me for who I am, or just ignore me. That's why I don't post on this forum that often, or start a blog. What I do post here is pretty insignificant.
      WTFs Wheatley WTF'd at this

Baron
      Warning: May Cause Diabetes

Down

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - For the time you spend with the staff team. Thank you for all your effort.Best of '13 - Kindest Member, Community FavouriteTime Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.
      Bits
      I'm just going to go ahead and close this to refrain from any further drama.
      Thanks Wheatley, Flowey! thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12