FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyssea View Post
      We are planning a few new events though, just you wait and see~ Both for shoutbox and for the forum.
      Some forum-based events would be great, because I'm almost never available for scheduled shoutbox stuff... or regular shoutbox stuff for that matter. My girlfriend doesn't want me on here during the evenings, which seems to be when everyone else is on!

Baron
      Warning: May Cause Diabetes

Down

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - For the time you spend with the staff team. Thank you for all your effort.Best of '13 - Kindest Member, Community FavouriteTime Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyssea View Post
      We are planning a few new events though, just you wait and see~ Both for shoutbox and for the forum.
      I would be excited for more events, except I'm always working (without fail) on the scheduled days and times, so I either catch the tail end of everything or not at all. I guess that's okay, though.

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Much as others have hinted at, my main reason for not RPing is the general lack of interest. I'm also somewhat busy, but when I would/do have time to RP... I don't want to.

The shoutbox has more-or-less become a place for what seems like a half-dozen people, and the lack of character interaction makes for very little progression or story. Not that I dislike anyone, but RPing with the same people/ponies all the time gets unexciting.

As for forum RP, that's really not my thing, but I think the same idea applies.

Code:
      More RPers = More Activity = Regained Entertainment

Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
      The shoutbox has more-or-less become a place for what seems like a half-dozen people, and the lack of character interaction makes for very little progression or story. Not that I dislike anyone, but RPing with the same people/ponies all the time gets unexciting.
      I would join you in the SB in a heartbeat, but as I touched on, my home life precludes lengthy shoutbox sessions. As an imaginative RPer it's incredibly irritating as I've wanted Taleweaver to turn up at Twilight's library pretty much since her conception I'll have to keep my eye on who's around when during the day if I ever want it to happen.

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfall View Post
      I would join you in the SB in a heartbeat, but as I touched on, my home life precludes lengthy shoutbox sessions. As an imaginative RPer it's incredibly irritating as I've wanted Taleweaver to turn up at Twilight's library pretty much since her conception I'll have to keep my eye on who's around when during the day if I ever want it to happen.
      Honestly, it usually is better to poke someone and ask if they are free. Not that fun for people to 'show' they are available in the shoutbox if nobody answers, so people tend not to ^_^;
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!

Never been better!

Confused

Bits
      Bits
      So it seems all things stem from two problems.
      A. People aren't motivated enough to get interested in a form RP.
      B. People don't have to ability to participate in shoutbox RP'ing due to scheduling issues.
      There isn't really anything that can be DONE about that, personally, I don't shoutbox because I like to think and write semi-descriptive replies, and I don't get the same feel of character development and possible planning as forum(And I have a hard time jumping in when a ball is apparently already rolling quite quickly, but that's just me), but that's just my own standpoint.
      All I can really think to do is wait and see what happens with yalls plans in the future.
      People dont make threads because more often then not, most are passed over, maybe getting one or two replies before cliffing off. But hey, whatchya gunna do?
      This is the best signature ever.

Large and in charge

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      Don't forget the time zones, that's another part of this. Others schedules just don't mix with each others some times, like those who live outside the US. Forum RP isn't my main thing, cuz that dies out quick if others aren't going to commit to it. Idk if other would think the story's too long, but who wants a short story? A thread is supposed to play out like a real story, we want it to come out that way. I like the shoutbox RP more because it keeps going, no waiting for another's post so you can figure out how to respond. It's here, it's not, it' hot But yeah, I prefer the box more then forum, I can be patient, but there's an extent to how long I can wait. I can't wait around forever

Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarity View Post
      Don't forget the time zones, that's another part of this. Others schedules just don't mix with each others some times, like those who live outside the US.
      I was going to mention time zones, but I figured that was implied That's also a significant problem for me. As it is I'm lucky I currently work part time so I at least have the POTENTIAL to join the box on occasion.

Large and in charge

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfall View Post
      I was going to mention time zones, but I figured that was implied That's also a significant problem for me. As it is I'm lucky I currently work part time so I at least have the POTENTIAL to join the box on occasion.
      I usually work in the mornings, so the rest of my nights are usually free, but I have a dodgy schedule soI don't know if something else will come up and when. Also, if I respond late in anything, I'm also playing Xbox. I kind of multitask between the laptop and playing my 360 And I don't want to hear about PC gaming, I'm a CONSOLE person Thanks, but I'm good with what I have.

Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarity View Post
      I usually work in the mornings, so the rest of my nights are usually free, but I have a dodgy schedule soI don't know if something else will come up and when. Also, if I respond late in anything, I'm also playing Xbox. I kind of multitask between the laptop and playing my 360 And I don't want to hear about PC gaming, I'm a CONSOLE person Thanks, but I'm good with what I have.
      Don't worry, I'm a consoler too

*checks your timezone and the Skype group* Looks like you're most active around 3-4am my time Well that ain't happening! But I hope you don't mind if I jump you on occasion if I see you online to see if you're free.

I'm trying my best to find RP time on Fridays before 9pm my time as my girlfriend works til then, but I keep getting called in for evening shifts that day

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast