FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      *SYRIX INTENSIFIES*

WTF

Eastern Missouri, United States of America
      Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Fairs Wellson

Name: Fairs Wellson

Species: Unicorn

Approximate Age: 20

Picture and/or Description: Fairs' mane is black with streaks of silver. His fur is light grey and his eyes are colored green.

His overall build is lanky with large hooves and a round head. Fairs' mane is often greasy, thick and bedraggled. He doesn't pay much attention to his tail either. Fairs likes to wear a brown cloth cloak along with a grimy, old top hat. His goggles reside on wrapped around his hat when they're not in use.

Background: Fairs was born into a lower middle class family in northern Trottingham. He had one brother, who went onto become a member of the Royal Guard. His father was a glass smith and his mother stayed at home. He never had a close relationship with his family.

Fairs did well in school. He found himself attuned to machinery and magicraft. He liked tinkering and adding magical properties to otherwise mundane tools, as well as brewing potions and elixirs. Fairs made a working mechanical repeater crossbow when he was only eleven, which was of course how he got his cutie mark.

Fairs never made any friends. He was never picked on or bullied, he just was a tad... Insensitive. He was blunt. Disrespectful. His social life suffered because of this, well through his adolence and into adulthood.

When Fairs was old enough to be out on his own, he left Trottingham to settle down in the much quieter town of Ponyville as an artisan of various magical and mechanical crafts.

Personality: Short version: He's a male, pony counterpart of Jesse from Jingles' Fallout 3 let's play. Long Version: As mentioned earlier, he doesn't do well with other ponies, generally speaking. He feels like he's more intellectual than most, but should the opportunity to partake in sophisticated banter present itself, he most assuredly will take it. Fairs doesn't enjoy explaining himself to ponies who don't understand his work. He's also not very optimistic, but he likes to challenge himself whenever he can.

Cutie Mark: His cutie mark is a crank, with sparkles and aetherial swirls of various colors surrounding it. Fairs didn't have anyone to introduce him to his talent, it was just something he decided to start on his own. He wanted to be a difference maker, someone who can revolutionize everyday living. This dream never came into fruition, however.

Use: Any RP I feel appropriate for him to be in. I haven't browsed any of the forum RPs as of yet.

Other: I feel he may be a bit unfitting of a pony RP. But that's up to the mods to decide.
      I'm Syrix, ya know me?

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      @Certainly Syrix
      Thank you for your submission! Unfortunately there are a few issues with your character.
      We would also like to apologize for the wait, the mistake was mine. I thought I had posted our answer, but apparently forgotten to actually press the button
      Thank you for alerting of this... rather major oversight of mine. It will not be repeated.

While your ideas about machinery and magic could be interested, we aren't sure that they would fit in very well. In the show we haven't really seen much of machinery at all, and even less of enchanting magic - it's not even sure it is at all possible. Even if it is it most likely would be very complex, far above the head of any foal. As such we'd really have to ask you to tone down these elements.

There is also the 'mechanical repeater crossbow' which is mentioned. We have never really seen any ranged weapon of any kind, and generally have agreed that the most they might use is bow and arrow ( as these can also be used for sport and competitions ). As such it'd be a bit above norm to have a crossbow, much less creating something that complicated at such a young age. We would ask you to remove it.

From what is possible to read from your character he is proficient in magics, mechanics and alchemy, which really seems to be a very wide area of expertise, particularly for a pony that young. We would like you to narrow it down to a single field. He might try to dabble with other topics, but he wouldn't really be that skilled at it. This is simply to make it more fun for everyone and make it a more even ground for all the players.

We have trouble seeing how your character would interact with other ponies. Your description basically put him as a blunt, somewhat rude pony with a job which in no way involves talking with anyone else. That is not to say you cannot have a character with such traits, we would just like to see an explanation as to why he would interact with anyone.

As you pointed out, the character isn't entirely suited for an RP in its current state. That is not to say we can't help you to fix that, and I would be delighted to help you with that.
      If you have any comments or questions in regards to your character, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to talk with you on the topic.
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!