Thought this might be an interesting topic: Who have you met who's famous/semi-famous in the MLP fandom, and how?

I've only really met one person, Dr. Dinosaur. He's the project coordinator for Ponies: The Anthology one, two, and (upcoming) three. Also part of The Round Stable staff.

It was kind of funny how I met him - A friend of his is close friends with my sister, so we all ended up having breakfast one day while visiting a comic con last year. Only I had no clue he was involved in producing pony stuff until the conversation shifted to what we were all doing with our current spare time. He mentioned that he had been really busy coordinating stuff for a "pony video". This was followed by a pause, presumably him preparing to launch into an explanation of the MLP fandom for my sister and I. But at this point I'd been into MLP for ~5 months, and my ears had already perked up. "Pony as in... My Little Pony?"
"...uh, yeah!"

So I asked him what videos he'd been involved in, and he mentioned the first Anthology (which I'd seen). We talked a bit about other pony videos and which MLP staff would be at the comic con. He and his friend seemed relieved that I knew something about Bronies, saving him an awkward explanation. I was a bit cagey myself on how much I was into MLP, trying not to overdo it after meeting another guy who watched the show. After talking for a bit, we parted ways. Later on I looked up his videos and found out who he was in the fandom.

The whole thing was pure serendipity since I'm reaaaly quiet about being an MLP fan outside the net. If I were the type who went to pony cons I'd probably have way more stories to tell.