FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      Tired

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Chocolate Chip

Name: Chocolate Chip, went by Chip or Cocoa (pet name)

Species: Unicorn

Approximate age: 18 years

Description:

He is large for a unicorn, his grandfather being a rather formidably sized Earth Pony. He has a very dark brown coat. His mane and tail are both two-tone, the base color being the same as his coat and the highlight being a deep red. His mane is slicked back, and his tail is cut fairly short. He has chocolate brown eyes and wears metallic grey rimmed glasses.

Background:

He was raised in the apartment above his parents' places of business in Fillydelphia; his mother ran a confectionery and his father ran a smithy. He lived a fairly typical foalhood; his parents made enough bits that they were pretty well off, and his parents were very loving. He had few friends, but that was more because he kept to himself than anything else. After he earned his Cutie Mark, he apprenticed with his dad in the smithy. He decided that he needed to step out on his own and maybe start his own smithy somewhere, and his mom suggested Ponyville.

Personality:

Chip is kind of oblivious. His almost sheltered foalhood has led him to not have much tact and have too much naivety. If ponies can get past the fact that he almost always speaks without thinking, he is very fun to be around. He is spontaneous, and has trouble concentrating on conversations, focusing more on what he could be doing later. However, when working on a project, he can have extreme tunnel vision, to the point where it can be very difficult to gain his attention. He is pretty smart and very creative, but it can be hard to focus this on productive avenues.

Cutie Mark: Chip's cutie mark is a trio of three spinning gears. He is good at making things work, be it a mechanical monstrosity or a plan for the weekend.

One night, Chip sneaked into his father's smithy after his parents went to bed, and he found one of his father's problem projects, a particularly tricky train engine. Wanting to help, or simply not considering the consequences of his actions, he decided to, let's say, do a little tinkering overnight. In the morning, his father entered his workshop, dreading another day of failure with this engine, only to find that it was miraculously operating. Highly confused, the father returned to his kitchen to take a minute away from his smithy, and find a little hard cider, to find Chip sitting there eating breakfast, gears adorning his flank.

Use: Forum only, probably.

Other: Um, I can't really think of anything to put here...
      Last edited by Quill and Brush; 11-18-2013 at 05:40 PM.

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Hey there, @Quill and Brush!

Things are looking pretty neat and clean here, just a few questions to clear up and we should be on the way to getting you accepted!

You mention his sheltered foalhood leading to a lack of tact, but don't mention his foalhood other than having few friends and preferring to keep to himself. Is the fact of his seeming lack of social experiences what you are referring to when you say "sheltered", or is there something more that's not being explained here? If so, please fill us in on that.

Additionally, technology and mechanics are always something that become a point of concern when mentioned in a submission. They are perfectly acceptable to a degree, but we like to confirm and make sure nothing overly advanced for the universe gets introduced into the RP. With that being said, what were your intentions for the specifics of the engine he tinkered with when he earned his cutie mark? Was it steam-powered, or something else? Along the same lines, and assuming the mechanical talent carries over to your future RP intentions based on the cutie mark, what kinds of inventions do you think Chocolate would be capable of making?

Reply back and I'll check it out again!

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      Hello!

1) Pretty much. He grew up well off and sort of self-isolated, leading to naivety and tactlessness. Did I forget to put that he's naive? I think I forgot to put that he's naive. I'll fix that.

2) Yeah, the engine was steam powered, and it was more the transmission-ish things than the engine itself. Chip's my OC in other things, and in less strict areas (i.e. fanfiction) he has produced an entire factory run by a kind of magic battery thingy. Here, though, he probably wouldn't come up with anything that isn't basically simple machines, i.e. pullies and levers and the like. Maybe things like a mechanical door bell in his shop. Nothing to fancy, put probably complex.

Did I address all of your concerns?

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Quill and Brush View Post
      Hello!

1) Pretty much. He grew up well off and sort of self-isolated, leading to naivety and tactlessness. Did I forget to put that he's naive? I think I forgot to put that he's naive. I'll fix that.

2) Yeah, the engine was steam powered, and it was more the transmission-ish things than the engine itself. Chip's my OC in other things, and in less strict areas (i.e. fanfiction) he has produced an entire factory run by a kind of magic battery thingy. Here, though, he probably wouldn't come up with anything that isn't basically simple machines, i.e. pullies and levers and the like. Maybe things like a mechanical door bell in his shop. Nothing to fancy, put probably complex.

Did I address all of your concerns?
      Sounds all good to me! I'll go ahead and accept this.

Welcome to the RP!

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      Thanks!