FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Dangerous

Drunk

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      There was a rapping at the chamber door. and quotheth the raven

"If you don't like the shout box then don't use it no more!"

Then the raven flew off.

the end.

Magic Swords

"Lets get dangerous" -George Bush

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Awards Time LordHelpful Member - All the guides.Shouter
      Bits
      This site strives to be as accommodating to as many members as possible. If you have a problem with the way people react to you, you need to be able to communicate exactly what bothers you. As it is, "i can never get a decent conversation across, and some people ignore me" is too vague to do anything about.

People aren't going to start paying attention to you immediately, and whatever conversation you want to talk about might have to wait until later. People might already be in the midst of a conversation about something and you'd be best off joining that so people might notice you. Then if you want to introduce the subject you want to talk about, you'll be more likely to be able to "get a decent conversation." I don't remember anything you ever said in the shoutbox for probably this reason.

If someone's being particularly rude to you, you need to take note of it and possibly inform a mod. You seem to have difficulty communicating exactly what you want to say to others. While some people are nice enough to try to help you make things more clear, you've yet to improve on making things clearer from the beginning.

All you can do is keep trying. Practice makes perfect and whatnot. Adaptation is everything, learn how to communicate more effectively, or you will continue having issues communicating at all.
      Thanks brony13 thanked for this post
      Likes Wheatley, brony13 liked this post

Sig by Tilli

Spoiler: Steam 

WTF

Bits
      Bits
      I don't know what to say... :/

My first impression is that you're begging for attention, second that you lack some social skills.
      Just accept it, it'll come someday. Just keep trying and look what you're doing wrong when communicating.
      Likes Wheatley liked this post

Baron
      LasPegasusTribune
      administrator

Flirtatious

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Woona View Post
      This site strives to be as accommodating to as many members as possible. If you have a problem with the way people react to you, you need to be able to communicate exactly what bothers you. As it is, "i can never get a decent conversation across, and some people ignore me" is too vague to do anything about.

People aren't going to start paying attention to you immediately, and whatever conversation you want to talk about might have to wait until later. People might already be in the midst of a conversation about something and you'd be best off joining that so people might notice you. Then if you want to introduce the subject you want to talk about, you'll be more likely to be able to "get a decent conversation." I don't remember anything you ever said in the shoutbox for probably this reason.

If someone's being particularly rude to you, you need to take note of it and possibly inform a mod. You seem to have difficulty communicating exactly what you want to say to others. While some people are nice enough to try to help you make things more clear, you've yet to improve on making things clearer from the beginning.

All you can do is keep trying. Practice makes perfect and whatnot. Adaptation is everything, learn how to communicate more effectively, or you will continue having issues communicating at all.
      Literate discussions are vital for the live of the forum

On Strike
      Omg 100,000 profile views.
      Also check out my Steam, just
      click on Home Page.

Bits
      Bits
      My opinion is that the shoutbox is optional (obviously) and especially rather timid or just slightly unsocial members are not used to shoutboxes/live chats/whateveryouprefer but I think this thread is pointless. Ok your opinion is that you don't like the shoutbox and easily get ignored there but isn't that a fact? Shoutbox is a total mess at its busiest times so you could easily be ignored. And I think it's rather obvious that you don't prefer the shoutbox since I've witnessed hundreds of VMs in the activity feed.

Furthermore, VMs are also optional, and you prefer them, which is great, so you aren't completely outside of the site's activity. Everyone choose their own way.
      Last edited by Wheatley; 10-23-2013 at 10:49 AM.
      Thanks brony13 thanked for this post
      Likes brony13 liked this post

:P

Secret

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Mancer View Post
      Wow! I've been wondering this for a while now! I really needed to know this. Thanks for making this thread!

Listen, I'm sorry (I really am, I actually don't like being this mean to you) but why does this need to be a thread? I don't want to be this mean but...

because many people are saying i should use it

Quote Originally Posted by Final Snatch View Post
      My opinion is that the shoutbox is optional (obviously) and especially rather timid or just slightly unsocial members are not used to shoutboxes/live chats/whateveryouprefer but I think this thread is pointless. Ok your opinion is that you don't like the shoutbox and easily get ignored there but isn't that a fact? Shoutbox is a total mess at its busiest times so you could easily be ignored. And I think it's rather obvious that you don't prefer the shoutbox since I've witnessed hundreds of VMs in the activity feed.

Furthermore, VMs are also optional, and you prefer them, which is great, so you aren't completely outside of the site's activity. Everyone choose their own way.
      i also think its laggy on some cases

'Ewwo! <3

Mischievous

Bits
      Items Muffin
      Awards White KnightBest of '14 - Most Helpful Member, Kindest MemberTime Lord
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by brony13 View Post
      i also think its laggy on some cases
      You have to admit, though, that the box is a lot better for getting quick responses compared to VMs and the like
      Likes Wheatley liked this post

If anything I say seems offensive in any way, be sure to say so!

Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Wow
Many sad
Much criBest of '14 - Best StaffShouter - Top 5 in Lifetime ShoutsElement of Generosity - BECAUSE PONIES ARE NICE and you're a nice pony who helps make the forum better!Best of '12 - Best Staff, Most Helpful and Community Favourite.Asset to the Forum
      Bits
      Alright well, this has turned into a pretty random and one sided debate, so I'm going to close this thread.
      I personally have never seen you in the shoutbox so you're clearly on at the wrong times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12