FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      Never been better!

Confused

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Lack of Motivation?

Im going to assume a thread relating to this subject matter belongs here, feel free to move it and tell me otherwise, I mean no harm in its possible misplacement.
      It seems like the RP community is rather... stagnant. Threads start and die in a matter of days, the posts are few and far between. Is it due to the fact that many NEW RP'ers are afraid to join? Or that there simply isnt a demand for RP'ing anymore. I know, as you can see by my rather pitiful stats, many have gotten busy and life has hit them in the worst way possible, but the sheer lack of interest is... Interesting.
      Im not ranting out of anger, just slight confusion and inquiry. I personally would LOVE to get back into the swing of a vested, long-term RP, but as far as I can tell, motivation to create such a thing simply isnt there.
      This is the best signature ever.

You have one week to hug me
      and tell me why I am your
      friend. After that, I will
      remove the ones that do not
      hug and miss them forever.
      Part of my therapy.

Confident

Bits
      Awards Time LordArtist
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
      Im going to assume a thread relating to this subject matter belongs here, feel free to move it and tell me otherwise, I mean no harm in its possible misplacement.
      It seems like the RP community is rather... stagnant. Threads start and die in a matter of days, the posts are few and far between. Is it due to the fact that many NEW RP'ers are afraid to join? Or that there simply isnt a demand for RP'ing anymore. I know, as you can see by my rather pitiful stats, many have gotten busy and life has hit them in the worst way possible, but the sheer lack of interest is... Interesting.
      Im not ranting out of anger, just slight confusion and inquiry. I personally would LOVE to get back into the swing of a vested, long-term RP, but as far as I can tell, motivation to create such a thing simply isnt there.
      Well actually I have been thinking of ideas. ^.^; So has @Thunderfall. His idea of a Shadowbolts thread is really interesting, but I will let him explain. Also, when new people join in rp, they usually ditch out and leave the thread at a stand still. Makes it hard to rp when they vanish.

Baron
      :P

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      My issue is a lack of free time for RPing. I've "ruined" a couple of RP's by not being online during major events, and I'm worried about doing that here too. If it weren't for that, I'd definitely get involved with this part of the community

Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Whirl Wind View Post
      Well actually I have been thinking of ideas. ^.^; So has @Thunderfall. His idea of a Shadowbolts thread is really interesting, but I will let him explain. Also, when new people join in rp, they usually ditch out and leave the thread at a stand still. Makes it hard to rp when they vanish.
      I'll explain it in it's own planning thread when I get round to it It's my first RP idea in years, so I'd appreciate some planning input from anyone who's interested in joining!

RPers like Whirl and myself have plenty of motivation, but as he said we're often at the mercy of those who don't. The last idea we came up with together was brought to a complete standstill by the other players disappearing (it was especially annoying because that thread was our baby... almost literally). And you don't want to end up nagging people to come back to your thread so you have no choice but to let it stagnate... I wish I could think of a way to get people back into RPing for the long haul, because the prospect of RPing again for the first time in years really appealed to me when I started joining MLP forums...

Baron
      Warning: May Cause Diabetes

Down

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - For the time you spend with the staff team. Thank you for all your effort.Best of '13 - Kindest Member, Community FavouriteTime Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.
      Bits
      I've just been so busy with work and by the time I get home, I have no energy or creativity left in me to RP. I apologize to the ones I was RPing with before I just randomly stopped. Hopefully one day, I can get back into it.

Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Weeping Angel View Post
      I've just been so busy with work and by the time I get home, I have no energy or creativity left in me to RP. I apologize to the ones I was RPing with before I just randomly stopped. Hopefully one day, I can get back into it.
      That's no problem Cadance. I've been meaning to make a new post in Days in Ponyville ever since the hack cost us some posts, but for some reason or another I haven't been able to bring myself up to scratch either. There is literally nothing stopping me from making a post, I think my imagination is being occupied elsewhere. Though I do plan to try and get that ball rolling again within the next week.

Never been better!

Confused

Bits
      Bits
      it's good to know that there are still people genuinely interested actually starting a committed RP. And in relation to Tunder, the idea of getting into a vested RP after nearly a year and a half of inactivity is great! If it means anything, I'm more then willing to help plan and coordinate anything involving a new, successful RP if need be. I know My stats don't show me being quite as active as I should be, but I'm more then willing to help.
      Likes Stryke liked this post

Baron
      Gunpla is freedom!

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      I'm still drafting out the basic details in my head, like the general setup and concept, and precisely how far down the grimdark path I want to take it, but it's good to see some interest. Hopefully you should see something approaching a first draft by the end of next week.

Where all trapped in a maze of
      relationships. Life goes on
      with, or without you. I swim
      in the sea of the unconcious.
      I search for your heart,
      pursuing my true self.

Uneasy

Bits
      Bits
      The fact that the rp section is rather barren is the reason I don't bother to log on, because I don't enjoy shoutbox RPing as much as forum rp. Role-playing as a pony is what made me stick to this fandom in the first place. Of course I could make an rp or something of the sort, but with how inactive most threads are, and how busy people have been as of late, most of the time it seems like a lot cause.
      Last edited by Yu Narukami; 10-16-2013 at 11:32 AM.

"Persona!"

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      For me, I'm always willing to do RP. The shoutbox's been a bit dead due to the lack of people I dare to poke for RP, though I am almost always to jump on and play if anyone wants me for something.
      As for forum, I'm a bit slow myself, and usually can't make more then a post a day/every other day at the best. So I don't wanna join a thread when you people burn off with five posts a day a person ^_^;

We are planning a few new events though, just you wait and see~ Both for shoutbox and for the forum.
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast