FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Riddle Thread

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Riddle Thread

The current riddle (riddle 152) is on page 111, post #1105

i thought since i know alot of pretty hard ones i'd make this (pretty sure it's not a dupe since searching riddle gave me nothing) if it's too hard i'll give a hint

ok so there are 2 rules: 1)only i ask riddles, else it'll only become chaos. 2) you can try as much as you want but if the answers are multiple choice then i expect a reasonening behind your answers.

Spoiler: unsolved riddles 

ok first one:

Imagine this taking place in the middle-east. A new student met the Zen Master after travelling hundreds of miles by yak cart. He was understandably pleased with himself for being selected at the great master's feet. The first time they formely met, the Zen Master asked, "May i ask you a simple question?". "It would be an honor!" replied the student. "what is greater, that which has no beginning or that which has no end?" queried the Zen Master. The student tried many answers but each were denied with a single disaproving negative nod. "I shall ask you an easier question since you can't solve this one" said the Zen Master, "When can a pebble hold back the sea?". And again the student tried and failed many times. "i am a complete idiot for not being able to solve even the simplest of your ridles" said the student. Suddenly the student stopped, sat down and said that he was ready for his second lesson.

But what was the Zen Master's first lesson?
      Last edited by Ampharos; 11-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.
      Well I wish I could say it was fun but it really wasn't, the bit I've been here was as much a shitstorm of hate as it was before even when I was simply making a joke, I'm gone.

All my activity/thoughts are findable in my usernotes, enjoy.

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      That you cannot possibly know the answer to everything?

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
      That you cannot possibly know the answer to everything?
      nope
      Well I wish I could say it was fun but it really wasn't, the bit I've been here was as much a shitstorm of hate as it was before even when I was simply making a joke, I'm gone.

The Great and Powerful
      The Great and Apologetic
      Trixie is the most magnificent
      and humble pony you've ever
      seen.

Cocky

Bits
      Awards Best of '12 - Best RPerTime Lord - Achieved one month online + 10 hours average online time.ArtistThespian
      Bits
      "May I ask you a simple question?" The questions were simple, the answers impossible.

Radio Team Leader
      Old Gregg tastes like
      starshine dust.

Crazy

Bits
      Bits
      The student should seek answers from the zen master, not the other way around. I suppose his first lesson was that one should not seek to answer the zen master's questions, but to seek answers to their own questions through the zen master. I'm not great with riddles, and this one seems rather difficult.

I do love the thread idea though Slowking

Baron
      Battleborn beta is pretty
      sweet.

Amused

Bits
      Bits
      The student realizing that he did not know.
      They say a fool thinks himself a wise man, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
      Spoiler: Pony Personality Test Results 

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidutsu View Post
      The student should seek answers from the zen master, not the other way around. I suppose his first lesson was that one should not seek to answer the zen master's questions, but to seek answers to their own questions through the zen master. I'm not great with riddles, and this one seems rather difficult.

I do love the thread idea though Slowking
      @Trixie @Pwny Express .... surprisingly kidutsu nailed it, the first lesson is indeed that the student should be the one asking the questions rather then the Zen Master (the biggest clue was master and student.)

i'll post a new one after my french exam so in about 7-ish hours thinking i'll take a murder riddle this time
      Last edited by Ampharos; 12-07-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits
      sorry for double post but this is the easiest way to do this

ok riddle number 2:

Jerry Carey, a rich man, just bought a brand new house. Everything in it was new; the refrigerator was made of stainless steel, the ovens were electric even the windows were build to only open from the inside. Jerry was a very nervous and frightened man you see, and always kept his house locked up, especially this one, since it was his new little toy to play with. Jerry decided that he had to celebrate his new house with a party, he chose to go for a barbeque since that was something everyone liked. He went to the store and bought some steaks, wine and other things that he saw fit. He let his maid set the table and sent her home telling her he wanted to show off by cooking himself. Ofcourse not pleased since he had never seen her master cook before she decided to leave anyway since then she could go and watch her favourite show. Jerry looked at a fine table and starting to call his friends, he invited Stan, Eric, Helen and Fred.

They all came over and Jerry started grilling the steaks. Somehow he managed not to burn them so he opened the wine and they all started to eat. They talked about sports, the news, gossiped a bit about people in town and basicly were enjoying themselves. After a while Stan became a bit tipsy and was getting rude so Jerry asked him to settle down in a civil manner. However Stan got furious and both of them started fighting, after quite a brawl they got a taxi for Stan and everyone left. The next day at 10:00 AM the police got a call that Jerry had been murdered. They found Stan, Eric, Helen and Fred on the scene so the officer decided to hear their stories to get the story straight.

When the officer questioned Stan, he said, "I was talking to Helen on the phone when I told her that I'd visit Jerry to apologize. "Stan then told the officer about the brawl the night before. She said that she'd come with me in case things got heated again, and I said that was fine. I got here about 10 minutes after Helen did and i noticed that the door was locked. I decided to look through a window to see if they were there, when i saw Helen, blood soaked, tossing a knife into the sink. I quickly opened a window, crawled through and called the police. Helen killed Jerry." When the officer questioned Helen she said, "Stan told me to meet him at Jerry's house so he could apologize about the night before. I get here about 10 minutes faster than Stan, so i decided to wait in the car. After a while i get bored so i decided to go in and tell Jerry what was going to happen, I noticed the door was open and i thought it was strange seeing how nervous Jerry is normally. I rang the doorbell to make Jerry know I was here, went in and locked the door. I go in the living room and see his dead body laying there with stab wounds,I tried to see if he was still alive even tough i knew he was dead. I then saw Stan in the kitchen telling em i killed him and that he had called the police."

When the police questioned Eric he said in his best english (he was spanish and only lived in America for 5 months) "I am a business man and I have a new project in my mind, so i decided invite Jerry to see if he became business partner. I just arrive and have no idea what happen" . When the polic questioned Fred, he said "i lost y cellphone and I came here to check out if i left it at Jerry's place. I'm kinda in shock, he was so happy and making plans and now he's dead. I drank too much last night and all I remember is that Stan for furious and tried to fight Jerry for no reason."

The police inspected the crime scene further but found nothing out of the usual, they did however make an arrest in the end.

tl;dr: Who murdered Jerry and how do you know this?

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Stans story doesn't add up. It is made perfectly clear in the opening paragraph that the windows don't open from the outside, so how could he open it to get in and make a call? However, Helen said she arrived 10 minutes BEFORE Stan, but then found him in the kitchen, despite the fact that she apparently locked the door behind her, and the windows couldn't be opened from the outside. My theory is that Stan was already in the house, waiting for someone else to arrive so he could pin the blame on them and then use his story as cover.
      Stan got arrested, I think.

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
      Stans story doesn't add up. It is made perfectly clear in the opening paragraph that the windows don't open from the outside, so how could he open it to get in and make a call? However, Helen said she arrived 10 minutes BEFORE Stan, but then found him in the kitchen, despite the fact that she apparently locked the door behind her, and the windows couldn't be opened from the outside. My theory is that Stan was already in the house, waiting for someone else to arrive so he could pin the blame on them and then use his story as cover.
      Stan got arrested, I think.
      mmmmh i hoped most would focus on the stories ratehr then the opening paragraph. you're correct though man so much typing for it being found so easely

Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast