FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: OC: Aerial Scar

Your night has no moon. I will
      be your light. I will be the
      one to rip apart the sky for
      you, for I am a shooting star.

Mischievous

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Aerial Scar

Name: Aerial Scar
      (Nicknames: Aerial, Air)

Species: Pegasus

Approximate age: (In human years) 17

Picture and/or Description:
      Spoiler: Current pic of Aerial 

Background:
      Birthplace; Las Pegasus
      Parents; Flamebolt (father) and Sky Dancer (mother)

Aerial was born in Las Pegasus to a pair of performers like many ponies from that city. Wanting to grow up to be as great a performer as her parents, she trained constantly when she wasn't in school. Because of this, her only friends were ponies whos parents worked with hers. They were a close group and often would train together, putting on mini-street shows for fun. Her group wasn't the only one in Las Pegasus though. There were 2 performance groups in her school, and they were fierce rivals. They were constantly competing to see who could attract a bigger audience and setting challenges to see who could successfully complete a trick.

As they got older, the tricks became more complex and dangerous. When they were 10, the other group to include fire in their tricks for the first time. Being rivals, Aerial's group had to do it as well. It was during their first trick challenge with fire that Aerial earned her cutie mark.After earning it, she became even more competitive and reckless. She was constantly playing with fire, literally. There were many close calls and she was often getting burns, but that never fazed her.No matter how many times she got hurt or even caused scrapes for her fellow ponies, she never thought twice about what she was doing.

She continued this way for a long time. Her parents tried to talk to her about it, but she just shrugged them off because she could see no harm in what she was doing. At 14, she became the youngest pegasus pony currently able to perform a trick known as the Fiery Comet. In the trick, a pegasus would fly through a huge fire, spinning in a special way to make it look like they actually got caught on fire while the fire never really touched them. The fire would travel with them for about 15 seconds before going out. Once she succeeded in doing it the first time, she never stopped, so proud of herself. Whenever a pony challenged her, she would tell them that they would be worth competing against only once they could also do the trick. Then, when she was 15, her group was performing in the center of town and of course, Aerial was doing all of the fire tricks. During a fairly easy one, she got cocky and wasn't very focused on what she was doing. She sent the torches involved in the trick flying by accident and caught several buildings on fire. Some of the ponies in the audience got trapped in the flames.

Realizing what she had done, Aerial immediately dove down through the flames in a desperate attempt to rescue the ponies she had just put in danger. She was so intent on rescuing everypony, she never even noticed the injuries she was getting in the process. She flew into the fire so many times that she lost count, returning with a pony each time. Once she was certain every pony had been saved she whispered "Thank Celestia" once softly and collapsed. She woke up the next day in the hospital with burns all over her body and an injured wing. The doctor scentenced her to a week in the hospital, where she had nothing to do but sit and think about what she had been doing for the last 4 years. She knew everything was her fault. No matter how many times her friends and family told her she was a hero to have rescued so many ponies single-hoofedly, she turned around and pointed out that they would never have needed saving if it wasn't for her. She was released from the hospital in good health and immediately started flying again, but every time she tried to perform some of her tricks, she would remember the fire and be unable to do them. After trying a few times, she gave up, retreating to the edge of the city to be alone, ashamed of herself. She would sit in the trees and watch what was going on around her without being seen. The birds were often the only creatures who saw her. They began singing to her and she found herself singing back one day without even thinking about it. She found that she envied the birds' free spirits, and before she realized what she was doing, she started flying with them. For the first time, she felt the freedom and exhilaration of flying without an audience, to fly simply for the fun of it. Her good mood returned, and she even started doing some of her tricks again, but once she had an audience she would freeze up.

One year after the fire, her parents came to her and managed to talk her into leaving the city to get away from what had happened. They chose to take her to Ponyville, hoping the quiet town would be good for her. She soon settled in, doing odd jobs around town for whoever needed it, her goal being to eventually end up on the weather team. After 2 months, her parents returned to Las Pegasus where they were needed while Aerial stayed behind. For the most part, Aerial kept to herself when not doing jobs. She continued flying with the birds, but whenever she saw Fluttershy coming, she would fly off before she could be seen because she was still uncomfortable being watched when she was flying. One day, six months after moving to ponyville, she was sitting in a tree just outside the Whitetail Woods. Aerial had never been in a forest before. She had been a city pony her entire life.

Eventually, her curiosity got the better of her and she flew into the forest. The ungroomed forest was much different from the groomed city she had always known. The trees grew in random places and she was constantly dodging branches and having to do flips and spins to avoid crashing. She laughed, exhilarated. After a while, she landed on a low branch and looked around, panting slightly. She rested in the tree until dusk. Smiling, she returned to town and headed to bed. After that, she returned to the forest each day. It was like a therapy for her to fly through the trees, pushing her limits. After a while, she became more confident in her flying again. As the memory of the fire was fading, becoming just a memory without constant reminders in Las Pegasus, her joy of the challenge flying in the forest lifted her up.

The day before her 17th birthday, Aerial decided that she was ready to try flying in front of an audience again. She mentioned to some of the ponies who had hired her before that she wanted to have a party and everything was taken care of. It was a small affair, just a cake and and not that many decorations. At the end of the party, Aerial gathered up her courage and rose into the sky. She announced to the ponies gathered that she could have not asked for better ponies to be around, that she was glad she had moved to Ponyville. She told them as thanks she wanted to do a small performance for them, then she flew. After the performance, she thanked everypony once again and flew home. Sitting on her bed, she smiled. She had finally overcome the fire incident. Looking down at her cutie mark, she smiled because the future was finally looking up, and realized for the first time that the flaming wings on her flank did not represent her ability to do fire tricks, but her fiery determination to never remain grounded forever.

Personality: Proud, Competitive, Determined, Loyal, Reckless, Solitary, Quiet
      Aerial is a very competitive pony, never backing down from a challenge no matter how difficult or stupid. She believes that it's better to do impossible things and take challenges she can't win because she comes out stronger in the end. This belief will often cause her to push herself to the point of recklessness. But, because of some incidents when she was a filly, she tries to be careful and make sure to not hurt anypony in the process. She is fiercely loyal to anyone she accepts as a friend. Even if she thinks her friend is wrong, she will stay loyal and defend him/her in public, becoming the voice of reason once they are alone. Aerial also has a soft side. She enjoys hanging out in a tree on the edge of town, where she can read or sing softly to herself without being disturbed.

Cutie Mark: Her cutie mark is a pair of flaming wings. You can see it in the picture.

Aerial got her cutie mark at the age of 10. Her performance group had been challenged by their rivals and for the first time they were using fire in their tricks. She was nervous because she had never done anything with fire before, but her pride and loyalty to her friends would not let her back down. She attempted the trick and failed miserably, falling flat on her face with a smiking tail while the others laughed. Her friends helped her up and she glared at the other group. Rising again, she made a second attempt, failing just as badly as the first time. When the other group just stood there laughing, she rose and faced them. "Why are you still here?" she yelled at them and they turned to walk away, still laughing. She sighed and spread her wings to try once more. Her friends tried to talk her out of it, but she just shook her head and took off again. After trying so many times that she lost count, she finally succeeded in doing the trick. She landed, proud of herself as her friends came over to congradulate her. In that moment, she felt so complete in her circle of friends. Suddenly, one of them gasped and stepped back, pointing at her flank. Looking down, Aerial saw a pair of flaming wings had appeared there. Looking up at the flames she had used in the trick, she thought that the mark meant that her talent lay in fire tricks. It wasn't until 7 years later after performing in ponyville that she realized her cutie mark really represented her determination to never stay grounded.

Use: Forum RP

Other:
      Spoiler: Aerial after the fire and as a filly 
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by Aerial Scar; 08-17-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Cool

Bits
      Bits
      Cool background for your OC pony

Mischievous

Bits
      Bits
      Thanks

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      @Aerial Scar
      Thank you for your application.
      While your character certainly have potential, we unfortunately must request that you change a few things before you can be accepted.

The first would be her visits to Everfree. It's shown in the show that everypony is scared of that forest, with all the monsters and dangerous plants. To have a pony regularly visit it just for no real reason simply doesn't really fit in with what we've seen. If she's looking for the training of dodging branches and such, it would be plenty better if she used one of the other forests.

Secondly is Pinkie Pie. We do not allow OCs to know any of the CCs, since this unfortunately forces any player of the CC to know that character in return. We must ask you to remove this part. Fluttershy is acceptable, since it's clear that Fluttershy was unaware of Areal's presence.

Then there's the party. Even if arranged by another pony then Pinkie Pie it suggests that most of Ponyville would have seen her and her performance. This, too, kinda means other ponies ought to know of her. If you wish to keep the party, it'd have to a smaller one, which could explain why no other CC or OC knows of her yet.

Thank you for your time.
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!

Mischievous

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyssea View Post
      @Aerial Scar
      Thank you for your application.
      While your character certainly have potential, we unfortunately must request that you change a few things before you can be accepted.

The first would be her visits to Everfree. It's shown in the show that everypony is scared of that forest, with all the monsters and dangerous plants. To have a pony regularly visit it just for no real reason simply doesn't really fit in with what we've seen. If she's looking for the training of dodging branches and such, it would be plenty better if she used one of the other forests.

Secondly is Pinkie Pie. We do not allow OCs to know any of the CCs, since this unfortunately forces any player of the CC to know that character in return. We must ask you to remove this part. Fluttershy is acceptable, since it's clear that Fluttershy was unaware of Areal's presence.

Then there's the party. Even if arranged by another pony then Pinkie Pie it suggests that most of Ponyville would have seen her and her performance. This, too, kinda means other ponies ought to know of her. If you wish to keep the party, it'd have to a smaller one, which could explain why no other CC or OC knows of her yet.

Thank you for your time.
      I fixed the parts about Pinkie and the party.

But about the Everfree Forest... I put in the bio that she knew how dangerous it was, and that she likes to be reckless. A more accurate way to put it would be that she's a reckless adrenaline junkie. I just didn't want to phrase it that way in the bio cause it sounds negative like that. Also, because of the little fire incident, she has this thing about performing in front of or competing against other ponies. Evading the monsters (Which from what I've seen in the show is mostly timberwolves) would be like a challenge for her and she would take the challenge eagerly because of her competitive nature.

My point is, she's not exactly going in for no reason. At first it was curiosity and now she goes in because she can't for the life of her resist a challenge.

Also, the only reason she went in the forest in the first place was because she found out that somepony lived there. When she saw Zecora emerge and realized that going in doesn't necessarily mean an automatic death sentence, she saw the open door and went through. She's not just going in for the fun, but the adrenaline rush, and I was considering making her run into some timberwolves on her first flight but was trying not to make it too long. I Expanded on that a little bit, and hope you'll let me keep it now.
      If not... well I tried.

Thanks for listening.

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Aerial Scar View Post
      I fixed the parts about Pinkie and the party.

But about the Everfree Forest... I put in the bio that she knew how dangerous it was, and that she likes to be reckless. A more accurate way to put it would be that she's a reckless adrenaline junkie. I just didn't want to phrase it that way in the bio cause it sounds negative like that. Also, because of the little fire incident, she has this thing about performing in front of or competing against other ponies. Evading the monsters (Which from what I've seen in the show is mostly timberwolves) would be like a challenge for her and she would take the challenge eagerly because of her competitive nature.

My point is, she's not exactly going in for no reason. At first it was curiosity and now she goes in because she can't for the life of her resist a challenge.

Also, the only reason she went in the forest in the first place was because she found out that somepony lived there. When she saw Zecora emerge and realized that going in doesn't necessarily mean an automatic death sentence, she saw the open door and went through. She's not just going in for the fun, but the adrenaline rush, and I was considering making her run into some timberwolves on her first flight but was trying not to make it too long. I Expanded on that a little bit, and hope you'll let me keep it now.
      If not... well I tried.

Thanks for listening.
      We can see where you are coming from with this, and we can agree that she might gone in there a couple of times, we have seen the mane six going in there a few times themselves. However, using it as a daily training-ground just isn't going to work. While the Timberwolves might not get her, there are many other creatures and plants in there. Since we have seen that just about every time the mane six goes in there things go badly for them, with everything from Petrification to Poison Joked to Manticores and Timberwolves, it seems rather out of place that an adrenaline-junkie does perfectly fine for months.
      As you pointed out, Zecora does live in there, and she seems to do quite well. But she is also an expert on the forest with many potions and tricks to protect herself, and even she does warn that the place is dangerous.

Again, if you wish to have her go there once or twice without harm, that is entirely okay, everyone can get lucky. However, if you wish her to train through dodging trees in daily fashion, we have to ask you to have it elsewhere. Luck only goes so far.

Thank you.
      The Emperor Protects.

Hydra Dominatus!

Mischievous

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyssea View Post
      We can see where you are coming from with this, and we can agree that she might gone in there a couple of times, we have seen the mane six going in there a few times themselves. However, using it as a daily training-ground just isn't going to work. While the Timberwolves might not get her, there are many other creatures and plants in there. Since we have seen that just about every time the mane six goes in there things go badly for them, with everything from Petrification to Poison Joked to Manticores and Timberwolves, it seems rather out of place that an adrenaline-junkie does perfectly fine for months.
      As you pointed out, Zecora does live in there, and she seems to do quite well. But she is also an expert on the forest with many potions and tricks to protect herself, and even she does warn that the place is dangerous.

Again, if you wish to have her go there once or twice without harm, that is entirely okay, everyone can get lucky. However, if you wish her to train through dodging trees in daily fashion, we have to ask you to have it elsewhere. Luck only goes so far.

Thank you.
      Hehe, Like I said, I just had to try. I wasn't really expecting you to accept it. The part has been re-written and Aerial now spends her afternoon in the Whitetail Woods. Does it look good now?

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      @Aerial Scar
      Looks good. Approved!
      Welcome to the RP!
      The Emperor Protects.

Hydra Dominatus!