FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Radio Team Leader
      ._.

Crazy

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

A Grand Adventure

What the?
      Okay, here's what I want to do: I want to continue the A Grand Adventure RP that I had going on the old RP. We before had a party of five ponies who had just only arrived in town and were trying to figure things out. Since the problems the old site started having the story has essentially stopped.

Now that this site is set up, I would like to get back into A Grand Adventure. If you weren't a part of the party on the old forum, don't worry, because I'm re-opening recruiting. Anyone can join, so long as they follow the rules.

For those not in the know, A Grand Adventure (AGA) is an RPG-like RP set in the MLP universe a generation after the original Heath's Warming Eve. Players will take control of a character within a party of heroes and go on an adventure and role play with a difference. Each of the player characters have a set of stats, using these and virtual dice rolls we can attempt to simulate a game and adventure.

Signing Up
      Before I had each of the participants create new OCs with fresh backgrounds and stories to fit the new environment. In retrospect that added a lot of work and made it sort of confusing. Add that I attempted to craft fitting D&D character sheets for each participant and you have a whole lot of mess. So, instead, I'm going to simplify.

If you've already submitted an RP character, re-submitting for AGA is easy. Simply modify an existing character to include a spoiler tag at the bottom of your submission to contain the new information unique to AGA. The new information shouldn't change your character, they should still have the same personality and drives. The purpose of the changes changes should only be to make more sense within the new context.

If you haven't submitted an RP character, or wish to create a new one for AGA specifically, that's okay too. What you need to do is write out a regular character submission and PM it to me. After I approve the character you can then submit them as normal character submission but make it obvious the character is only meant for AGA. Alternatively you could make a regular character submission and follow the earlier process (which would allow you to use the same OC in other threads and shoutbox).

Remember to include the following bonus information: (remember the spoiler tags)

Spoiler: A Grand Adventure 

Rules
      1. Slower but more meaningful. This RP will generally move at a slower pace compared to other RPs (real time). I don't expect anyone to post more than once or twice per day. Make sure you give other people time to respond.
      2. Post length. I don't care about how long you make each post. What really matters is how much thought and meaning was inscribed.
      3. Actually, I can't think of anymore rules... So just make sure you follow the forum rules and have fun.
      Likes Applejack, Sage, ToxicEquestrian liked this post

Live and Time Goes by so Fast

Geeky

Bits
      Bits
      I have updated my bio with the needed information, and without a doubt he has a clear bard feel to him: http://www.equestriaforever.com/show...Unicorn)-Final

Radio Team Leader
      ._.

Crazy

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by EquestrianScholar View Post
      I have updated my bio with the needed information, and without a doubt he has a clear bard feel to him: http://www.equestriaforever.com/show...Unicorn)-Final
      I read over most of the AGA specific information. I hope it isn't too different to how he was before.

( Also, @Fluttershy your Ruby is great )

Live and Time Goes by so Fast

Geeky

Bits
      Bits
      Nah not at all, it is still him, I have justed explained him using a different format and added him to a different timeline. Though I might being changing SPECIAL a little once I know who will all be playing.
      One thing on SPECIAL, can you give examples of how much is a 3 and how much is a 4 strength and constitution? Perhaps even give ponies as an example of the difference.
      Last edited by EquestrianScholar; 08-28-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Disnerd at Heart
      Well, hello.

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
      ( Also, @Fluttershy your Ruby is great )
      Thanks. I'm quite fond of her character. :3

Possibly radioactive.

Geeky

Bits
      Bits
      I have posted my bio for Swallow Tail from FiM here, but the format of it, despite including all of the bases, confuses the mods so I am waiting until the indeterminate time the mod said that they could more accurately take thattype of submission.

Radio Team Leader
      ._.

Crazy

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by EquestrianScholar View Post
      One thing on SPECIAL, can you give examples of how much is a 3 and how much is a 4 strength and constitution? Perhaps even give ponies as an example of the difference.
      try having a look at this. Most of it is a joke, but it is somewhat helpful. Imagine that each of those would actually be either an insult or a compliment, and so if you used one on someone in real life, how do you think they would actually be?

Also, over here I try using SPECIAL to describe the mane 6. I'm not sure if I properly gauged the characters, but I did my best. Basically, having a 1 is having something as low as humanly possible, while 10 is as high as humanly possible, and 5 is perfectly average. In the mane 6 examples, I gave Twilight a 3 in strength, while Fluttershy and Rarity each have 4s. Rarity is the only pony I gave an Endurance score lower than 5 (she has a 4), being ponies they tend to have a high natural endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicEquestrian View Post
      I have posted my bio for Swallow Tail from FiM here, but the format of it, despite including all of the bases, confuses the mods so I am waiting until the indeterminate time the mod said that they could more accurately take thattype of submission.
      You'll need to add the AGA specific information that I list in the OP.

Queen of the Changelings
      Busy Siggy Making.

Toxic

Bits
      Bits
      So I'm going to switch out Streamwind Rush for another OC in development. Just giving you guys a heads up.
      Want to ask a changeling something?Ask Chrysalis here!
      Check out Radio is Magic Entertainment here!
      Spoiler: In the mood for a dance party? 

Possibly radioactive.

Geeky

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
      try having a look at this. Most of it is a joke, but it is somewhat helpful. Imagine that each of those would actually be either an insult or a compliment, and so if you used one on someone in real life, how do you think they would actually be?

Also, over here I try using SPECIAL to describe the mane 6. I'm not sure if I properly gauged the characters, but I did my best. Basically, having a 1 is having something as low as humanly possible, while 10 is as high as humanly possible, and 5 is perfectly average. In the mane 6 examples, I gave Twilight a 3 in strength, while Fluttershy and Rarity each have 4s. Rarity is the only pony I gave an Endurance score lower than 5 (she has a 4), being ponies they tend to have a high natural endurance.

You'll need to add the AGA specific information that I list in the OP.
      I thought that I didn't need to add the spoiler information because all of it was included in the character beforehand(Since she was written specifically for AGA, but excluding the exacts of her Special, such as numbers since that would come later, but her skills were listed).

Radio Team Leader
      ._.

Crazy

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by ToxicEquestrian View Post
      I thought that I didn't need to add the spoiler information because all of it was included in the character beforehand(Since she was written specifically for AGA, but excluding the exacts of her Special, such as numbers since that would come later, but her skills were listed).
      You're sort of right. It's only a little confusing because it doesn't use the new format, but that's not a big problem. What you really need to do is write down her SPECIAL stats, those need to be done now, not later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast