FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Smitten

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Should ALL tyoes of marriage be legalized?

First off I'd like to thank @DJ Phantasia for giving me the idea for this thread.

With homosexual marriage on the cusps of being legal here is a new topic on the marriage debate. Should ALL types of marriage be legal?

Here's what I mean:

-Marriage to minors
      -Marriages to objects
      -Bestiality Marriages
      -Polygamy
      -Polyandry
      -etc.

Shrouded In Darkness
      I'm a cold killer, its what my
      hands are for.

Sneaky

Bits
      Bits
      No, minors, -18, should not be allowed. If they are dating someone in the younger years, and they last long enough to get married, that just shows it was worth it.
      Objects, sure, yeah. Creepy as shit, but I can't control love, nobody can.
      Beastality: I have no opinion on this matter... Can't really say yes or no, because both answers feel wrong to me.

Smitten

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
      No, minors, -18, should not be allowed. If they are dating someone in the younger years, and they last long enough to get married, that just shows it was worth it.
      Objects, sure, yeah. Creepy as shit, but I can't control love, nobody can.
      Beastality: I have no opinion on this matter... Can't really say yes or no, because both answers feel wrong to me.
      If you say no to one type of marriage you become the opponents of gay marriage everyone so despises.

Shrouded In Darkness
      I'm a cold killer, its what my
      hands are for.

Sneaky

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
      If you say no to one type of marriage you become the opponents of gay marriage everyone so despises.
      I find that very offensive. I'm gay myself, and have an awesome boyfriend.
      Likes Flowey!, Keldeo liked this post

Baron
      :P

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      -No. Minors usually aren't generally mature enough. Some might be, but some are just plain stupid especially where relationships are concerned.

-Doesn't really matter to me.mGonna happen anyways, regardless of what anyone thinks and nobody's really gonna care

-Creepy as all hell. I've never known what to think about this...

-In theory, that would drive anyone insane. No idea why you'd want more than one mate.

-Once again, why? More life partners = more stress

I am Canterlot's reckoning

Godly

Bits
      Bits
      No. all types should not be legal.

Especially these:

-Marriage to minors
      -Marriages to objects
      -Bestiality Marriages .
      Minors? That is essentially legalizing pedophilia. There's a reason the legal age to be married is 18, and a lot of it has to do with mental development. Minors make bad enough decisions as is. Without a fully developed brain, proper consent is very debatable. Any teenager/minor can be easily manipulated and taken advantage of. It is for their own good legal age to be married is 18. Look at it as a moral obligation to protect youth.

Object? Why would anyone feel the need to marry an object? There is nothing beneficial in that at all, except married people get tax breaks.

Bestiality? I no longer care to remain unbiased on this one. it is WRONG. Granted it's none of my damn business what people get off on, but keep something of that magnitude to yourself and don't subject the masses to it. Most people are outright disgusted by bestiality, and it's only common courtesy you don't go around telling everyone about it. An animal cannot consent to marriage. The argument can be made animals can however consent to sexual acts, but let's be honest with ourselves, anyone could get an animal all hot and bothered to the point instinct kicks in. Ever see a dog hump random objects? It's not because it is in love.

However, I do believe ALL human marriage should be allowed. Unless they are underage, of course.

Homosexual marriage to me means very little. I'm not gay myself, but I do believe gays should be allowed to marry. Simple as that.

On to Polygamy and Polyandry. Yeah, I think it's kind of weird to want more than one husband or wife, but if all parties consent to it I don't see what's so wrong with it. It's not like they are snatching people off the street and forcing them to marry, like some media makes them out to look like. It's quite common in certain cultures and religions that a man take multiple wives, or a woman has more than one husband. And if you are allowed to practice your religion freely Polygamy and Polyandry should go hand in hand with that.

Smitten

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
      I find that very offensive. I'm gay myself, and have an awesome boyfriend.
      I meant no offense we're just debating.

Radio Team Leader
      All the infected fall before
      Nurse Redheart!

Friendly

Bits
      Bits
      Gay marriage- Yes.
      Minor- No.
      Bestiality- No. (Cross Species- Maybe)
      Polygamy- No.
      Polyandry- No.
      Objects- Never thought of it, but I will throw out a No anyways, because I'm old school like that.

Reasoning:
      When to adult people <- Male or female, get together love each other. It's two rational individual beings deciding that they want to live the rest of their life together. There is nothing wrong with that scenario, and if they get hurt for being in that marriage together, it was a decision that they can be held responsible for.

However, most minors and most animals ARE NOT fully rational individual beings, and if they were to get hurt in that marriage, they could not be held responsible for making that decision. So it becomes a form of slavery. If someone truly loves a minor and wants to be with them they can WAIT. If two minors truly love each other and want to be together, they can WAIT.

Now, multiple people in one marriage is really just a terrible idea. You don't really ever see it working out. Either people get jealous, or one of them are crazy and makes a religion around them. BUT, there probably are examples of it working. The problem with multiple people getting married is that it hurts the states and government. Marriage is a legal matter, so that people who choose to get married and start a life together will have benefits from the government and other places.

Beastiality-> MOST animals can't rationalize, and MOST animals are no where near being able to be called a person. SO, it would be slavery. Same with Objects, objects can't think or decide. The only difference between objects and animals, is animals can be hurt by marriage, objects can't. HOWEVER, cross species marriage would be between two persons of a different species, and I'm not sure how to confront that. Sure in Mass Effect I romanced the aliens, but I'm not really sure it would be a good idea irl. So no opinion on cross species.
      Spoiler: Epona 

Spoiler: Radio Is Magic Reporter 

Info On Radio Is Magic: RadioIsMagic.org
      Tune In Here: Radio Is Magic Livestream

Let's get Cynical!
      You may be right; I may be
      crazy, but it just may be a
      lunatic you're looking for.

Confident

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsLinguistElement of Generosity
      Bits
      The only one out of this list that is even remotely acceptable in my opinion is polygamy. Minors are not ready to consent for themselves, which is why the age of consent was made in the first place. It could be argued that 18 is a bit high as many other countries have it lower, but there has to be some cut-off. Objects and animals are unable to give consent, so they are out. The only remaining one is polygamy, which does not bother me in the slightest. If people want to have more than one spouse and both spouses agree it's fine.

What it boils down to is if it's consentual (with age of consent considered) or not. If it is, it should be legal. Period.
      Likes Flowey!, Nurse Redheart liked this post

Baron
      In this world, it is kill or
      be killed

Toxic

Bits
      Awards Helpful Member
      Bits
      Well, here's my opinions...

-Marriage to minors: No way! Minors marriage is outlawed!
      -Marriages to objects: Well, It is bit creepy, but I'm okay with this...
      -Bestiality Marriages: Er... wut?
      -Polygamy: Totally okay with this, My religion is okay with Polygamy unless you have more than 4 wives...
      -Polyandry: Well, yeah, It is bit weird, but I'm okay with this too!
      -Gay marriage: I'm also okay with this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast