FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, EqF

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Awards Time LordHelpful Member - All the guides.Shouter
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by JuniorGando View Post
      I'm not really surprised with the entire situation.

When you look from an objective perspective at the history of this site then you'll see that dramas like these are quite common for EQF. I'm not saying that it's just EQF though, just about every site on the internet where you can discuss things and can share your thoughts about things goes trough dramas and darker passages sooner or later. As much as we'd like to denie it, conflict and the urge to create it are buried deep within the human nature.

People will always try to prove their superiority or try to proof others are inferior to them, DOXING or trying to get dirt on someone is simply one of those more extreme ways to do it. Being it either for a good laugh or to actually hurt Wander, using such methods proves the existance of this flaw in the human nature.

There have been previous cases of similar behavior like this on EQF, it are usually the same type of people who are the victim and the exact same people as the times before, yet no action gets ever taken. Why you may ask? Well because the previous cases get forgotten very easely and the bad seeds in this community will be able to start again like nothing ever happened in just the course of a few weeks or at most 2 months. At the other hand the victims of these cases suffer from mental wounds that have been inflicted due to the situation, wounds that could very well remain scars on the souls of these people. People often neglect the consequences of their actions under the idea that the targeted people will be fine, and that i exactly one of the things that is wrong with the society nowadays. We neglect the fact that people are fragile beings far too easely.

It seems that people on this site still have no idea of what an influence the internet is on our everyday lives and the weight it actually has despite all the events that have happened in the past, here I am not only talking solely about the case where I was involved, but the many cases after that which I've watched pass by while lurking. A shame really, but like mentionned before, only natural. People don't learn from their misstakes, history proves that point more then once after all.

The internet has both become a tool for mankind to make things easier or more interesing in our lives and a weapon that can cause immeassurable harm to someone. Something to be feared.

I'm sorry that this fate had to befall upon you wander, I may not have known you very well on this site nor did I read the thread in dystopia, but I know the thing you're going trough at this very moment. I wish you all the best in your further life and with whatever decisions you'll make in the future.

~ Gando
      Sort of like how I don't think I'll ever fully recover from what was done to me less than a month ago. It'll be a constant pain to bear, particularly seeing the person still present on the site, not even knowing how such cruelty can go by with no retribution.
      Lols Trib, DJ P0N-3 Lol'd

Sig by Tilli

Spoiler: Steam 

Lord
      Finally coming out as the real
      me

Fabulous

Bits
      Bits
      I don't really see a place for Dystopia on this site just because the users take things seriously and we do genuinely care about other peoples' well-being. Honestly, if something like this happens again, the perpetrator needs to be banned on site because this affects the entire community and not just those directly involved.
      Likes Trib liked this post

Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie!
      Hey... there... noticed you
      were... here...

Amused

Bits
      Awards Best of '13 - Best ArtistDecommissioned with HonorsArtist
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by JuniorGando View Post
      I'm not really surprised with the entire situation.

When you look from an objective perspective at the history of this site then you'll see that dramas like these are quite common for EQF. I'm not saying that it's just EQF though, just about every site on the internet where you can discuss things and can share your thoughts about things goes trough dramas and darker passages sooner or later. As much as we'd like to denie it, conflict and the urge to create it are buried deep within the human nature.

People will always try to prove their superiority or try to proof others are inferior to them, DOXING or trying to get dirt on someone is simply one of those more extreme ways to do it. Being it either for a good laugh or to actually hurt Wander, using such methods proves the existance of this flaw in the human nature.

There have been previous cases of similar behavior like this on EQF, it are usually the same type of people who are the victim and the exact same people as the times before, yet no action gets ever taken. Why you may ask? Well because the previous cases get forgotten very easely and the bad seeds in this community will be able to start again like nothing ever happened in just the course of a few weeks or at most 2 months. At the other hand the victims of these cases suffer from mental wounds that have been inflicted due to the situation, wounds that could very well remain scars on the souls of these people. People often neglect the consequences of their actions under the idea that the targeted people will be fine, and that i exactly one of the things that is wrong with the society nowadays. We neglect the fact that people are fragile beings far too easely.

It seems that people on this site still have no idea of what an influence the internet is on our everyday lives and the weight it actually has despite all the events that have happened in the past, here I am not only talking solely about the case where I was involved, but the many cases after that which I've watched pass by while lurking. A shame really, but like mentionned before, only natural. People don't learn from their misstakes, history proves that point more then once after all.

The internet has both become a tool for mankind to make things easier or more interesing in our lives and a weapon that can cause immeassurable harm to someone. Something to be feared.

I'm sorry that this fate had to befall upon you wander, I may not have known you very well on this site nor did I read the thread in dystopia, but I know the thing you're going trough at this very moment. I wish you all the best in your further life and with whatever decisions you'll make in the future.

~ Gando
      It's called "Human behaviour" not "human nature", please learn your science. although I agree with most of your points

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Awards Time LordHelpful Member - All the guides.Shouter
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Hey look, a new member! View Post
      The difference between what happened here and stealing someone's information such as social security, credit cards, etc. is that the latter is illegal. Simply moving something from one public place (something she chose to post publicly, not just something that is available because she made a purchase once on the internet) to another public place is not on the same level.

As for your first question: She wasn't doxed as I pointed out earlier. Nobody took her private information and it really didn't take any digging. Her Twitter was openly seen by anyone who wanted to do so and most of the posts on her page were similar to the ones taken and put into Dystopia. It's not like the worst ones were dug up from a sea of "private" and "innocent" (for lack of a better term) ones.

Living in fear whenever we post something shouldn't be necessary really. If you are comfortable with who you are, you can post whatever without worry. If you are trying to hide something, for whatever reason, then yes, you probably should live in fear about what you are trying to hide, especially if you're going to post it to a public place. The point is, there is a time and place to share such private information and that place is not a public account, or really the internet at all. If you want something private, keep it in person with those you trust, not on the internet with those you barely know.

As for the reasoning behind it, I can't really say for sure, but I'd imagine it's because of the image she's shown to many people. I'm not going to argue that overall she's a good person because she does seem to be one, but she's been known to rage at people and flip her feelings really quickly. She's not this perfect person people seem to be making her out to be, and as such, that is what I believe the reasoning was... to show people another side of her. Is it a good reason? Maybe, maybe not. That is in the eye of the person who did it and in everyone's individual opinion.

Long story short, both parties did something they shouldn't have done and it resulted in a decent member leaving the site. Is it unfortunate? Yes. Is it something that the entire site should be up in arms about? No. If Wander wants to leave, that is entirely her choice. Harassing Trib, or anyone else who had a part in it or hasn't immediately hated him, isn't going to bring her back and really is no different than her being harassed.
      Just because an action doesn't break any law or rule doesn't mean it should be tolerated.
      Thanks Cyrus thanked for this post
      Likes Cyrus, NowhereMan liked this post

Sig by Tilli

Spoiler: Steam 

Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie!
      Hey... there... noticed you
      were... here...

Amused

Bits
      Awards Best of '13 - Best ArtistDecommissioned with HonorsArtist
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      The farthest Trib went back was a month and a half if my memory serves me correct, which isn't that deep considering he screencaped 15 or so Tweets.
      I've even looked at her Twitter herself, and it was not hard at all to find awful Tweets. It was literally every other Tweet. :L
      She should have kept those Tweets private because her fantasies with Dante should honestly have been kept between her and Dante. That is a very private matter, and should be discussed privately, wouldn't you agree?
      haha, people are still using logic when this is obviously about the mental or emotional state of that girl and how this would obviously affect her the way it did, there's no justifying but we all love being smartcookies don't we?.
      Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
      Just because an action doesn't break any law or rule doesn't mean it should be tolerated.
      makes sense, deft ears are still deft ears though.
      Likes Cyrus liked this post

Baron
      "With great power, comes
      great Ponies."

Geeky

Bits
      Bits
      @Wandergirl108

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want you to leave
      Just stay... for your friends. The people who actually do care about you.
      Spoiler: Glowy thanks, Chrysalis 

Want to ask me stuff?
      Ask me!

Let's get Cynical!
      You may be right; I may be
      crazy, but it just may be a
      lunatic you're looking for.

Confident

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsLinguistElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
      Honestly, I think it does. The rules should be put in place to cover the entirety of what will and will not be tolerated. If something like this happens and the rules need to be changed (which they've already started doing), then they should be changed. However, you cannot and should not punish someone for breaking a rule that was created after whatever the activity was. Should the police go out and arrest every 90-year old man who married a 15-year old girl when he was 30? Back then it was the right thing to do. Just because the rules have changed since then doesn't mean he broke a rule.
      Likes Nurse Redheart liked this post

Count
      PPMD Kreygasm

Cool

Bits
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
      haha, people are still using logic when this is obviously about the mental or emotional state of that girl and how this would obviously affect her the way it did, there's no justifying but we all love being smartcookies don't we?.

makes sense, deft ears are still deft ears though.
      It was not the topic when I wrote my reply. It was about whether or not what Trib did was justified because it was public. The topic you are mentioning came afterwards.

As for your comment about how I like being a smart cookie, I don't try to be that, but if that's how I'm being perceived as, great.

i have been labeled
      adorkable...and i love it

Mischievous

Bits
      Bits
      Im in tears! I want my wandergirl back! Dont leave me wandy! Dont leave!

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      I have talked to you a lot wander. well I guess this is goodbye. forever.
      Last edited by bp pony; 04-05-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast