FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: European Show

Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Wow
Many sad
Much criBest of '14 - Best StaffShouter - Top 5 in Lifetime ShoutsElement of Generosity - BECAUSE PONIES ARE NICE and you're a nice pony who helps make the forum better!Best of '12 - Best Staff, Most Helpful and Community Favourite.Asset to the Forum
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
      Seems to me that in order to get this going, all the Europeans who would be interested in listening would end up having to be staff...
      Looks like it.
      Good for you!

Doge Meme Man
      LEW D
      !!

Toxic

An oven turned up to the highest setting. (I.E., Australia)
      Bits
      Awards Time Lord
      Bits
      I think this would be a great idea. Would be quite neat to have shows that suit the European time zones, it's got my support.

Signature picture made by Discord.

'Ewwo! <3

Mischievous

Bits
      Items Muffin
      Awards White KnightBest of '14 - Most Helpful Member, Kindest MemberTime Lord
      Bits
      I'd be up for helping in some way as well, if possible. I've been waiting for something like this for ages now, so I'm super excited
      If anything I say seems offensive in any way, be sure to say so!

back again !

Amused

Bits
      Bits
      Sounds like a good/fun idea .

Best Background Pony

Stayin' Alive

Drunk

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - It's been a pleasure serving with you, you're always welcome to return.Best of '12 - Best RiM HostTime LordThespianAsset to the Forum
      Bits
      Once again, I repeat, we have all loved the idea of having a show put together for our European friends. But we really don't have the members to put together one. It is one thing to be for an idea, it is another to actually work on one.

At the bare minimum, we would need at least three people to run the show. Three to co-host, and one to host (who's duties essentially include knowing how to use our streaming software, being responsible enough to follow RiME's show rules, and being entertaining enough to make the show interesting for viewers). Not to mention, there needs to be a show theme developed, as well as a show name to chose. We will probably have to work on getting auditions together to find co-hosts. And don't get me started on choosing a proper time to actually broadcast... @_@ All-in-all, it takes a good month or so to get a show going after a lot of effort.

Hence why we need some really dedicated people to step forward, because the majority of us simply just don't have the time right now... X/
      Thanks Chickadee thanked for this post
      Likes Chickadee liked this post

The master of procrastination
      Une Banane.

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thank you for all of the hard work over the years, and everything you've done.Time Lord - Achieved 1 Month of Online Time with at least 10 hours per day.Best of '12 - Best ArtistArtist
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
      Once again, I repeat, we have all loved the idea of having a show put together for our European friends. But we really don't have the members to put together one. It is one thing to be for an idea, it is another to actually work on one.

At the bare minimum, we would need at least three people to run the show. Three to co-host, and one to host (who's duties essentially include knowing how to use our streaming software, being responsible enough to follow RiME's show rules, and being entertaining enough to make the show interesting for viewers). Not to mention, there needs to be a show theme developed, as well as a show name to chose. We will probably have to work on getting auditions together to find co-hosts. And don't get me started on choosing a proper time to actually broadcast... @_@ All-in-all, it takes a good month or so to get a show going after a lot of effort.

Hence why we need some really dedicated people to step forward, because the majority of us simply just don't have the time right now... X/
      I for one know how to use streaming software as i have done video game and art live streams in the past. It shouldn't be too hard to get the responsibility side of things considering two staff members are already up for the idea. Plus if the show only airs a few days a week, dedication should be no problem for me at all.

I think this needs more discussion before the idea is chucked out the window.

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Shining Armor View Post
      I for one know how to use streaming software as i have done video game and art live streams in the past. It shouldn't be too hard to get the responsibility side of things considering two staff members are already up for the idea. Plus if the show only airs a few days a week, dedication should be no problem for me at all.

I'd be happy to dedicate my time and co-host, and I am sure a theme won't be too difficult to come up with

Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Wow
Many sad
Much criBest of '14 - Best StaffShouter - Top 5 in Lifetime ShoutsElement of Generosity - BECAUSE PONIES ARE NICE and you're a nice pony who helps make the forum better!Best of '12 - Best Staff, Most Helpful and Community Favourite.Asset to the Forum
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
      and one to host (who's duties essentially include knowing how to use our streaming software, being responsible enough to follow RiME's show rules, and being entertaining enough to make the show interesting for viewers).
      Are you saying I'm not god damn interesting!?

Anyways, as for a theme, Idk if it has to be anything all that spectacular.
      Most of us don't get to follow much shows, or any.
      So we really don't know much of the stuff discussed in other shows

Count

Surrender your future.

Godly

Bits
      Awards Best of '14 - Best ArtistShouter - Top 5 in lifetime shoutsArtist
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
      Are you saying I'm not god damn interesting!?

Anyways, as for a theme, Idk if it has to be anything all that spectacular.
      Most of us don't get to follow much shows, or any.
      So we really don't know much of the stuff discussed in other shows
      If that's the problem then maybe it'd be best to listen to some of the re-runs or look at our current schedule when there is free time available . Or maybe just be the BBC and air completely original content (albeit you will have to be in charge of the schedule for reasons AJ said above). So you'll basically have to be like the CEO of this "branch" of RiM.
      Follow me on TAMBLR!

The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Shining Armor View Post
      I don't think the idea is being chucked out the window, it's just being handed off. AJ just wants to make it clear that there's more to having a show on RiM than just wanting to do a show. There's more than just wanting to do a show and having the people to do it. There's a bunch of pre-planning that goes into creating anything that will be aired on a consistent basis while maintaining a high quality (unless you'll be spending most of your time just airing music).

AJ isn't dismissing the idea, he's just saying that you need to figure out all of the logistics of doing the show and then present THAT as opposed to simply saying, "Let's have a show".
      Thanks Discord thanked for this post

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast