FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      *Sigh* What's the point
      anymore?

Sad

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC Submission-Liris

Name: Liris

Species: Unicorn

Approximate age: 18

Description: He has a golden coat, purple and green eyes, and a black and gold mane and tail. He also has abnormally sharp teeth and wears a dark brown construction worker jacket.

Background: Liris grew up in Canterlot with his mother and father. His mother Sharpened Blade works as a librarian and is stubborn, rash, and very smart. She is a unicorn with a white coat, blue eyes, and a gold and black mane and tail. His father Polished Metal works as a stonemason and is kind, gentle, and very creative. He is a pegasus with a black coat, turquoise eyes, and a red mane and tail.

Liris was always different from the other unicorns in his magic school. He was always teased by the other unicorns, because he couldn't master any magic including the levitation spell. He could deal with the others teasing him, but what he couldn't deal with was the utter look of disappointment he would get from his teachers and parents when he failed to cast magic spells.

One day his teacher announced that they'd be going on a field trip to the Canterlot castle. For a moment Liris just nodded, but then his ears perked up as he got an idea.The next day as they they walked through the castle he slowly broke off from the class and snuck in to the archives where they kept the advanced magic spells,"If I can master one of these she'll have to give me an A," he said rummaging through the scrolls. Noticing a particularly old scroll he picked it up and examined it barely noticing that it was ripped,"This looks cool," he said laying it out and getting to work trying to cast the spell. It seemed like he had been trying for ages his horn glowing a steady gold, but after probably a hundred tries he still hadn't gotten anywhere,"Ugh this isn't as easy as I thought it'd be," he said slowly he then noticed a small symbol near the end of the scroll. Facehoofing in frustration at not having noticed it before, quickly he tried the spell adding in the small symbol and suddenly the glow from his horn enveloped his body as he shrunk in to the form of a small wolf pup.

Looking at his newly formed paws he jumped up,"I did it! I actually did it!" then he noticed something, he wasn't saying any of the words, he was barking. Eyes widening he scampered over to the scroll and looked it over but it was incomplete because of where it was torn, panicked Liris ran out of the archives almost instantly smashing in to a gold-wearing hoof.A little dazed he looked up to find Princess Celestia looking down at him smiling, slowly her horn began glowing and he was returned to his normal form,"I see you found the wolf shape shifting spell," she said still smiling, he nodded timidly. She then promptly walked in to the archives for a moment then walked out levitating a small white scroll,"You may have the full spell if you are responsible with it," she said placing it in his hooves, Liris' eyes widened,"I will, um thank you Princess Celestia," he said looking up at her astonished. Princess Celestia nodded,"You might want to hurry child, your class is leaving," she said slowly as her horn began glowing and in a blast of light she disappeared. That night when he got home he began practicing his shape shifting spell, at the end of the year he had mastered the spell being able to change back and forth at will. Though an odd side effect of using the spell continuously was that he retained his wolf teeth when he changed back.

After at least passing magic school Liris lived in Canterlot for years trying to make friends and find his place in the city, but he just didn't feel right in Canterlot. Years later Liris asked his parents if he could move to Ponyville and they said he could believing he could take care of himself now. A week after getting their approval he was packed and ready to go, but what he wasn't ready for was the tears that his parents sent him off with,"I will visit you," he promised as he boarded the train to Ponyville. After waving to them until they were out of site he sat back and relaxed waiting for his next challenge, introducing himself...

Personality: Liris is very openminded and likes to hear other ponies' ideas. He is naturally very trusting towards other ponies even though he himself is a master at keeping secrets. Liris is usually kind and friendly, but is sometimes a tad naive. Liris is always a little hesitant to take help from other ponies and also is fairly quick-tempered. He acts tough and emotionless at times and can stare down any pony with out a word, but he is truly very sensitive though he doesn't show it when other ponies are around. He hates to feel left out or ridiculed in any way, to avoid this he usually is either quiet around new ponies since he isn't good at socializing and doesn't know how to introduce himself. He is sometimes rude when he isn't meaning to be, because of his lack of social experience with his peers. If the subject of his magic ever comes up Liris quickly changes the subject, not wanting to be shunned like he had been in his past.

Cutie Mark: Liris' cutie mark is a silhouette of a wolf howling to represent his affinity for canines and his protective instinct. One day while Liris was walking home he noticed a small dog in an alley limping from trash can to trash can sniffing each one. He walked over to the dog slowly, but when his hoof hit the pavement the dog heard him and instantly went in to fight or flight mode. Seeing the change in the dogs behavior Liris froze watching it,"It's ok I'm not gonna hurt you," he said slowly. For a moment they both stood perfectly still, but then he got an idea slowly he changed to his wolf form and tried to inch closer.Puzzled the dog looked at the small golden wolf before him, by instinct Liris said,"Don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you," the dog then visibly calmed and sat on his haunches. Liris' eyes widened at this surprising development,"Um follow me?" he said uncertainly, slowly the dog limped over and stood behind him,"Well this is odd, get on my back," he said not wanting to injure the dogs leg anymore.With the dog on his back Liris eventually made his way to the vet and scratched at the door, being answered by some doctor ponies who took the dog off his back as he changed back to pony form.

One of the doctor ponies gasped as he changed back and Liris rolled his eyes,"Yeah I know I'm a pony, make sure that dog is taken care of," he said starting to walk away, but stopped when he noticed the doctor was pointing at his flank where his newly acquired cutie mark glowed weakly for a moment. Quickly Liris rushed home to show his mother and father his cutie mark, they congratulated him proudly.

Optional: Just to clarify Liris can't use any magic except his wolf shape shifting spell. Currently he shape shifts in to a full grown wolf with golden fur.

For forum and live chat RP.

Fine I'll clean up your mess, just stay out of my way.

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits