FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
      Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Wow
Many sad
Much criBest of '14 - Best StaffShouter - Top 5 in Lifetime ShoutsElement of Generosity - BECAUSE PONIES ARE NICE and you're a nice pony who helps make the forum better!Best of '12 - Best Staff, Most Helpful and Community Favourite.Asset to the Forum
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Equestria Forever Contest!

Welcome to the big contest!

This contest will have three categories, which means there will be 3 winners!
      Each one of these winners will have a choice between 5 prizes, so that there will hopefully be something for everyone!

First things first, the contest theme is 'Equestria Forever'.
      This gives all of you a lot of freedom, because it could involve the forum and its members, the ponies and their world, what the community means to you or anything else that comes to mind! The connection doesn't have to obvious, it could be something personal or small.
      As long as it's related to EqF in some way, it's accepted!
      For example, the forum is about ponies, so ponies are an acceptable subject. There are sections for games, so games are an acceptable subject too. And so on! It really is quite broad, don't see this guideline to be a limitation, it actually opens up a lot and allows you to be very creative!

Here's a bunch of rules:

- All submissions must be your own work
      - Multiple entries are allowed (each submission will be judged separately, so a bigger chance of winning!)
      - Entries must follow forum rules (this means no r34, gore etc)
      - Collaborations between artists are encouraged, but prizes will have to be shared.
      - If your entry fits into more than one category, please state which category you want to be judged for.
      - Any votes given by alt accounts will not be counted

The Categories

As stated before, this contest will actually be 3 contests put together, so that everyone can enter and enjoy each other's work!
      Members do not need to stick to only one category, but they will only be rewarded one prize if they end up first place in more than one category.
      Any double wins will be given to the runner up of that poll.
      The three categories will be explained below.

-Art

This one speaks for itself. Any vectors, sketches or GFX are allowed. Vectors and sketches must be your own work. Any sort of signature or background GFX are allowed to have vectors made by others, as long as the product you're presenting is something you have put together yourself. This section is not limited to just visual arts, it can also include food art, plushies, sculptures and so on!

-Writing

This can include, but is not limited to, fan fics! Anyone who isn't feeling the fics can go for something a little more personal, such as explaining what the forum or community means to you, or how ponies have influenced your life. I know that many of you enjoy the same games, as this is something that is shared and enjoyed within the community of Equestria Forever, writing about this will be accepted, too.

-Music

This can be any kind of music such as a simple guitar recording or singing. To those who can't create their own music, this category will also include PMV's. These can, of course, include material found online, as long as the PMV is something you have put together yourself.

The prizes

I've spent quite some time trying to figure out some good prizes, and I think I have come up with a few options that could please everyone!
      Each category will have one winner, meaning three winners in total.
      These three winners will have the choice out of 5 different prizes.

-Ponies!

Winners can pick from a few ponies, either one brushable, or two blind bag ponies!
      If multiple winners decide to want ponies, a poll will be made to decide who will get the first pick.
      Spoiler: Available ponies! 

-Subscriptions!

The second choice is a subscription: two months of Baron, to be exact!
      For anyone who doesn't need them, there will be a possibility to give them away to someone, or split them in two and make two of your friends happy!
      Or, you could keep one and gift one. It's all up to you!

-Bits!

Don't need ponies and already have a subscription?
      Who doesn't want more bits?! Winners can also choose a 25.000-bit prize!

-Plushies

Now this one, I'm not sure if anyone would want.
      I've been making very small plushies (they're not very pretty, consider yourself warned), but they take quite some effort, and I'd be willing to make the winners a pony of their choice.
      Spoiler: example pictures 

-Trixie's Plaques

This is a special one, our very own @Trixie has offered his plaques as a prize!
      These are painted by hand, and he is willing to draw any character you want!
      The plaques are about 7' tall by 4 3/4' wide (18 by 12 cm).
      If you have any questions about these plaques, please direct these at him!
      Spoiler: Example work 

Note; All shipping costs will be covered by me.
      If you have any questions about the prizes, please direct them at me through PM or mention me in a post. If you want to offer your artwork as a prize, please tell me!

Well, now that the categories and prizes have been explained, let me explain how this is going to work.

This thread will serve as a 'master thread'. All submissions/comments/encouragements can be posted here.
      Forum rules do apply, so please don't spam this thread.
      Anyone who wants to vote or express their love for an entry, can simply use the like and thank buttons.
      Any like or thank will count as one point, lol and wtf will not affect the final score.
      Receiving both a like and a thank from a member of staff will count as 3 points.

All points will be counted at the end of the contest, and all top 3's will be given a separate poll.
      Everyone who reaches the top 3 will be given a thank you for participating.
      These polls will stay open for a week, and will bring us three winners.

These three winners will receive their prizes as soon as possible, those who go for the plushie might have a little wait as it does take some time so make them!

Note: If you wish to vote for @Woona, you'll notice he is missing feedback buttons. You can PM me which post and how many (two is the max) points you would like to award him with.

To make sure everyone has plenty of time to get involved,
      This contest will stay open until the 28th of April

Enjoy!

I hope you'll all enjoy this little contest, and will enter as much as you can!
      A big thank you to @Woona for brainstorming with me in the shoutbox earlier, and two more for @Rarity and @Noi, thanks for looking after my grammar in this thread!

Good luck to everyone, and I'm looking very forward to all of your work!

Too much to read?
      The categories are writing, music and art. There are lots of prizes, any entries must include EqF in a way, and you can enter until the 24th of April.
      Last edited by Reese; 04-23-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: 5 choices instead of 4

Chaos Baby
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Good OPAsset to the ForumElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Thanks for setting this up Lyra, it looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing this contest take off
      Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
      Spoiler: stuff 

Baron
      Battleborn beta is pretty
      sweet.

Amused

Bits
      Bits
      I may have an idea for a potential comic. Perhaps more like a manga. I'll have to see what I can do with it, if anything. Until then I have some PMVs I can submit.
      I do have one question, @Lyra. If I win, is Pwny Express an option for a custom plushie?
      Spoiler: Pony Personality Test Results 

Goshdangnabbit Belgium

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits

Spoiler:  

It gets easier
      Nothing on the outside,
      nothing on the inside.

Drunk

Bits
      Bits
      I'm looking forward to entering, but I don't know if I can beat some of these users beautiful art!

(Your plushies are adorable. )
      Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
      Alright then

Closing this I guess since Blues is our new OC
      Quote Originally Posted by Browniecake View Post
      please don't be hard on me, I'm young.
      Spoiler: Press for insider's info on Twitch's dreamscapes  

OKBYE

Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
Many sad
Much criBest of '14 - Best StaffShouter - Top 5 in Lifetime ShoutsElement of Generosity - BECAUSE PONIES ARE NICE and you're a nice pony who helps make the forum better!Best of '12 - Best Staff, Most Helpful and Community Favourite.Asset to the Forum
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
      AND YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pwny Express View Post
      I may have an idea for a potential comic. Perhaps more like a manga. I'll have to see what I can do with it, if anything. Until then I have some PMVs I can submit.
      I do have one question, @Lyra. If I win, is Pwny Express an option for a custom plushie?
      Any pony you want!
      So yes

The Element of Shimmer
      10/10

Drunk

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - For your time on staff, thanks for your input!
      Bits
      Wow! This is intense!

For the last rule, if you want to enter one submission per each category, you can only be judged in one of them?

Most people live and die with
      their music still unplayed.
      They never dare to try.

Bored

Bits
      Bits
      Music you say? Challenge accepted.

Shrouded In Darkness
      I'm a cold killer, its what my
      hands are for.

Sneaky

Bits
      Bits
      Now just to find some sort of music program I can get to, and a proper video editing software, and I'll be set.

Too bad I have none of those :c

Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
Many sad
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer Mint View Post
      Wow! This is intense!

For the last rule, if you want to enter one submission per each category, you can only be judged in one of them?
      Judging will be done by the entire community by simply liking and thanking the posts.
      Multiple entries are to be posted separately and you could end up in the top 3 in more than one category.
      However as the OP states; 'Members do not need to stick to only one category, but they will only be rewarded one prize if they end up first place in more than one category. '

If someone does end up winning more than one, their second (or third) prize will go to the runner up!
      I should probably add that to the OP.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast