FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Limestone Pie View Post
      Feel free to dislike it but don't act like an equestrian historian lmao.
      No need to get salty, I'm just talking here because I'm bored and this thread needs some real activity.

If you want to tell me it sounds I'm complaining because it's not like my headcanon, though, at least argue against it with some concrete evidence.

Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie!
      Hey... there... noticed you
      were... here...

Amused

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Best of '13 - Best ArtistDecommissioned with HonorsArtist
      Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
      No need to get salty, I'm just talking here because I'm bored and this thread needs some real activity.

If you want to tell me it sounds I'm complaining because it's not like my headcanon, though, at least argue against it with some concrete evidence.
      I did tho :c

My evidence lies simply in "you don't have enough evidence either so what are we even arguing about?" basically. It's pretty much an open slate so I just feel disregarding things so adamantly seems arrogant, that's all baby

I don't really care either way because bottom line I still enjoyed the episode and Starlight's voice actress is freaking 1000/10. So I hope we see her in season 6.

"Cutie marks for Cutie marks! Sounds like a fair trade to me!!" The way she raspily says that line UNF

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Limestone Pie View Post
      Starlight's voice actress is freaking 1000/10. So I hope we see her in season 6.

"Cutie marks for Cutie marks! Sounds like a fair trade to me!!" The way she raspily says that line UNF
      She really is. Having met Kelly Sheridan (Starlight's VA) at Trotcon last summer, the most eerie part is how easily she slips from her normal speaking voice into Starlight's sarcastic cheerfulness.

Also pretty great because she's best known for being the voice of Barbie, lol.

Emotionless

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Honestly, I have mixed feelings over this one. On the one hand, I do like these episodes which play towards the idea of differing timelines or the classic "for want of a nail" situations and it's obvious the writers were having some fun thinking up what was going on. That said, I have to agree with Clarice that it just seemed to be failing putting things together properly. Personally, I think the whole Crystal War should have been the final one they spent time on. Prior to that, the changes should have been problematic but minor by comparison, with many of the problems or potential disasters building up or even just the characters themselves miserable thanks to the Sonic Rainboom failing and following a different path in life. This could have left the first half to better explore the impact of certain episodes, while leaving the final one to really take its time with a potentially interesting setting. Instead, I honestly feel that the writers were relying too much upon the fandom to make something from the possible timelines. We've all seen how a thousand fanfics or pieces of art can spring from a single joke, so throwing them a ton of new story ideas like this honestly seems to be pandering towards certain groups. They're fun to be sure, and quite interesting on their own, but there was just so many tha they were ultimately left fairly underdeveloped.

Also, I wasn't a fan of how easily things were resolved with Starlight. On the one hand, I do like the fact they sidestepped the problem where the first episode presented her as a fraud, instead having here here as a true believer. The fact she genuinely thought that, on some twisted level, she was doing some good makes her vastly more interesting and opens the way for plenty of story possibilities. On the other, the immediate cause seemed more than a little contrived given the far better CMC episodes dealing with this issue earlier this season, particularly Applebloom's fears surrounding it. I honestly just hope that, compared with Sunset, her switch isn't just flipped from good to evil.

Beyond all this though, I personally thought this was pretty great. The animation was solid, the jokes were mostly spot on and even when it felt as if the writers were just spit-balling with timeline ideas, the concepts themselves were at least fun. Even some of the minor moments showing how the timeline could be altered from a single event were pretty good, especially Starlight trying to screw things over by actively helping Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash stopping to watch the fight. Seeing a lot of the older villains return was also a nice twist after they were gone for so long, even if they were effectively cameos in many cases, and the closing scenes were still entertaining even if the solution itself was contrived.

Overall, personally, i'd say this story was fun. Not as great as some prior one but still entertaining. The real problem is that this could have been something truly great for the series, and pushing a little further could have allowed the writers to experiment with something very different or much better structured. Still, beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Baron
      Battleborn beta is pretty
      sweet.

Amused

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      I thought the finale was pretty good. It was interesting seeing the alternate worlds. Got pretty dark for MLP actually. Equestria went from 0 to 100 real fast without the mane6.
      I had this idea where the Starlight would show up again, most likely in a finale as she did, and she would likely get redeemed but that the CMC would team up with the mane6 in an effort to help her understand the importance of cutie marks.
      I think that would have been a better story, but I'm not complaining about the one we got.
      Spoiler: Pony Personality Test Results 

What am i supposed to put
      here.

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      I WATCHED PART 2! ON NETFLIX!
      Rarity is best pony

"There will be haters,there will be doubters and there will be YOU proving them wrong". -Unknown Artist
      Deviantart
      Rarity fan blog(For the best pony)
      My Rarity fan site

Cool

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      It has been kind of thought provoking. I mean most of us knew just how important the Sonic Rainboom was. And to see how the changes in circumstances affected each of the mane six, and the world around them was by far the most interesting aspect of this episode.

I actually had wondered what a real war in equestria would look like.
      Pinkie Pie! Apply Directly to the Friendship!! Pinkie Pie! Apply Directly to the Friendship!!

Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      It was a perfect ending to S5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12