FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!
  • Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Geeky

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity

A Crazy Con Doubleheader?

I know this is SUPER early to be talking about stuff for next convention season, but I just happened upon Bronycon's site last night and noticed they had the dates up for next year, and they're... quite close to that of another convention that's not terribly far away.

Bronycon 2016: July 8 - July 10
      Trotcon 2016: July 15 - July 17

Bronycon is the weekend before Trotcon. Trotcon's pretty great, a lot smaller but a lot cheaper, with some interesting things that Bronycon wouldn't do (music sets scheduled until 4:30AM? Sure!). Anybody else down to go to both?

I figure if we can sort out interest for either/both of these conventions early, we'll be able to jump on hotel rooms right when they come available. Bronycon's sell out fast if you want a double-bed room.

The trouble with having an
      open mind, of course, is that
      people will insist on coming
      along and trying to put things
      in it. - Terry Pratchett

Heroic

Bits
      Where is Trotcon at? I know this may still be conflicting, because i know there is another con a few of the LNP regs go to that will take place june 30th - july 3rd... so... three cons in three weekends.
      Property of Celestia.

Baron
      Finia is the only person
      keeping the site alive.
      #Finia4owner

Cool

Bits
      You know, I might actually be able to go this one. My first con and you guys are going to face the full force of Pyro if you go.
      Spoiler: I'm a pretty pony 

IT'S COMING

Large and in charge

Tired

Bits
      I'd try to go but I think Bronycon is about enough of a travel for me to do that far out. I'd love to go to both but expenses are always the issue

Geeky

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrion View Post
      Where is Trotcon at? I know this may still be conflicting, because i know there is another con a few of the LNP regs go to that will take place june 30th - july 3rd... so... three cons in three weekends.
      Columbus, Ohio.
      http://trotcon.net/

Let's get Cynical!
      You may be right; I may be
      crazy, but it just may be a
      lunatic you're looking for.

Confident

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsLinguistElement of Generosity
      I already bought tickets for Trotcon next year, so I'll be there and could split the hotel with you and whoever else. As for Bronycon, I don't know that I'd be wanting to do both, especially being that close together, but I'll keep it in mind, especially if my work family is going to spring another last minute trip on me around that time.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, it might actually work out really well to do both. The reason I didn't think I would is because I didn't want to have to drive there and back on the days of the cons or blow a whole week of vacation time without being able to actually spend a week somewhere, but it could work out well if I make the cons bookends around a Six Flags road trip.

There are three Six Flags in the relative vicinity of Bronycon, so I could definitely see myself going to Bronycon, hitting those three parks during the Monday-Thursday of the following week and then heading to Trotcon and being close enough to home to get there at a decent hour and work Monday. So... If anyone wants to make the crazy con doubleheader even crazier with a Six Flags road trip squeezed in between, I'd really have to consider it. Who's in?
      Last edited by Oborawatabinost; 08-12-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Upping the Craziness

'Ewwo! <3

Mischievous

Bits
      Items Muffin
      Awards White KnightBest of '14 - Most Helpful Member, Kindest MemberTime Lord
      If I can secure a part-time job early enough to afford plane and living fares, there's a good chance.

But go further. Galacon over in europeland is usually the first weekend in August, if I recall correctly
      If anything I say seems offensive in any way, be sure to say so!

Large and in charge

Tired

Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Noi View Post
      I already bought tickets for Trotcon next year, so I'll be there and could split the hotel with you and whoever else. As for Bronycon, I don't know that I'd be wanting to do both, especially being that close together, but I'll keep it in mind, especially if my work family is going to spring another last minute trip on me around that time.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, it might actually work out really well to do both. The reason I didn't think I would is because I didn't want to have to drive there and back on the days of the cons or blow a whole week of vacation time without being able to actually spend a week somewhere, but it could work out well if I make the cons bookends around a Six Flags road trip.

There are three Six Flags in the relative vicinity of Bronycon, so I could definitely see myself going to Bronycon, hitting those three parks during the Monday-Thursday of the following week and then heading to Trotcon and being close enough to home to get there at a decent hour and work Monday. So... If anyone wants to make the crazy con doubleheader even crazier with a Six Flags road trip squeezed in between, I'd really have to consider it. Who's in?
      That's an interesting idea, though as far as my budget goes I think Bronycon is enough of a cross country trip for me. I'd love to go to TRotcon as well, but it might be hard for me considering I live across the states from most of the others who attend. I think I may (not to brag) be the farthest one out from it who comes across the states to attend, at least in our group.

Geeky

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Noi View Post

Woah. Which Six Flags'? NJ, America (MD), and ..? There's also Cedar Fair parks (King's Island, King's Dominion, Cedar Point); both companies let you get into all their parks with their season pass last time I checked.

I know the intended plan (if you can call it that, we've confirmed literally nothing) for [MENTION=73]Trixie[/MENTION]; and I was to go from Baltimore to his mom's place in WV, hold down the fort there Monday-Thursday, and go from there to Columbus. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a crazy theme-park roadtrip in-between, but I'm not sure how well everyone's finances could support that.

Let's get Cynical!
      You may be right; I may be
      crazy, but it just may be a
      lunatic you're looking for.

Confident

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsLinguistElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
      Woah. Which Six Flags'? NJ, America (MD), and ..? There's also Cedar Fair parks (King's Island, King's Dominion, Cedar Point); both companies let you get into all their parks with their season pass last time I checked.

I know the intended plan (if you can call it that, we've confirmed literally nothing) for [MENTION=73]Trixie[/MENTION]; and I was to go from Baltimore to his mom's place in WV, hold down the fort there Monday-Thursday, and go from there to Columbus. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a crazy theme-park roadtrip in-between, but I'm not sure how well everyone's finances could support that.
      Six Flags America (Maryland), Great Adventure (NJ), and Six Flags New England (MA) were the three I was looking at. And the main reason I chose those is because I get a season pass to Six Flags anyway since there's one close to me. I'd have the season pass which would let me (and anyone else who happened to have one or wanted to buy one) get into all of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast