FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      The trouble with having an
      open mind, of course, is that
      people will insist on coming
      along and trying to put things
      in it. - Terry Pratchett

Heroic

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following

Possible Spoiler/Heavy Speculation

So, this has popped up with the preview cards of the new MLP CCG set:

This was also floating around:

Source

So, the obvious speculation is Celestia is going to become this seasons "finale villain." Given the card set's theme, I'm willing to write this off as just something being thrown at us to make a stir and get people going "What if?" like I am about to do here.

I'm willing to consider this possibility because of the lack of a need for Celestia to progress the story now that twilight has the castle, and because Luna now has more screen time than Celestia thus far this seasons. I'm going to be interested in seeing Celestia in episode 8. I might be willing to make a judgement then, when we see her for the first time in season 5. (There is of course a chance we see her before then, but 8 is the Gala episode, so I feel like we are guaranteed more than one scene with her there.)

What do you guys think of this development?

Emotionless

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      If she does become the final villain...

I don't even know. Twilight battling her mentor. The fandom is going to implode, blow up twice, or something from the awesomeness.

Or maybe Luna will become Nightmare Moon and the two of them will face off.

in it. - Terry Pratchett

Heroic

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Apparently there is a theory by someone on reddit (haven't seen it or read it myself yet) that this could be something to do with Episode 13, which is rumored to be titled "Do Princesses dream of magic sheep," and this version of Celestia is a nightmare Luna has.

Now, to be clear, as far as I know, that ep title is based on guessing made by a fan using the MLP CCG cards as clues to tile episodes. So.... who knows?

Chaos Baby
      Emotionless

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Good OPAsset to the ForumElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrion View Post
      Apparently there is a theory by someone on reddit (haven't seen it or read it myself yet) that this could be something to do with Episode 13, which is rumored to be titled "Do Princesses dream of magic sheep," and this version of Celestia is a nightmare Luna has.

Now, to be clear, as far as I know, that ep title is based on guessing made by a fan using the MLP CCG cards as clues to tile episodes. So.... who knows?
      Probably more likely then a finale villain, if anything Celestia seems to be stable enough, I don't really see what could set her on the evil path.
      Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
      Spoiler: stuff 

The Dessiest Around
      I CLOSE MY EYES AND SEIZE IT

Cool

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      @Celestia

oh fuck

also, i don't particularly like the idea of Celestia becoming bad for multiple reasons. mainly bc i like to think that she's the one pure being and ruler of equestria who cannot be tainted or consumed by evil, you know

also i don't like sudden twists =(

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Based on the silliness of the appearance of Celestia in the image, combined with the card number of -1, I'd be willing to guess that it's either something like what @Discord said, or it's a joke-card to point fun at the fugly toy sets like Ponymania. Not every card in the CCG has a canon screencap, I know @pixelkitties has done a few of them.

I used to own the site or something.
      Mostly silent protagonist.

Godly

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Asset to the ForumWhite KnightGood OP
      ...I'm okay with this. The design looks pretty bad, though :v I'd say a dream episode is more likely, but then we literally just had one, another just ten episodes later? Also... Wouldn't it be Daymare? Haha. I hope they do have some exchange between her and twilight, that would be interesting. @Dessy don't be jealous of my evilness.

in it. - Terry Pratchett

Heroic

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      I'm still extremely skeptical that these CCG spoilers are actually a thing. One of the CCG supposed episode titles is "Princess Spike." When this happens I'll start being willing to have some faith in some of this.

Now, that being said, we are getting Smooze in the middle of the season. So... Another villain popping up middle of the season for minor reasons doesn't seem heavily far fetched. I think Evil Celestia could be a lot of fun for the show, as a dream figure haunting Luna, or as a persona who boils to the surface after thousands of years of wear. I admit the latter seems far fetched, considering Celestia has never seemed to be unstable in any way, but that is also why i wanted to hold judgement on the possibility until we see her in character this season.

Emotionless

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Personally, i'm tempted to agree with the others that this is likely a hoax. Nightmare Moon and the overall MLP style emphasises streamlined looks and designs over anything overtly detailed to (and this is just speculation) best work with the animation. This Nightmare version of Celestia seems to be overtly designed, good for a still image potentially but not for something which needs to be fitted in on an episodic budget. Atop of this, it would need a long, quite detailed turn involving Celestia to truly convince people of this. It took Luna decades of her issues eating away at her for her to turn, and unless they have an especially heavy Celestia season focusing prominently upon her, this seems unlikely in my opinion.

This is not to mention that an evil version of Celestia has cropped up in a great deal of fan art over the years, and this seems far too easily as if it could be a fan creation rather than something backed by the show.

Still, I will throw out another hope: Mirror Universe adventure. Perhaps as an episode, hopefully as a full film. Kind of a fan of them, as my avatar might show.
      Last edited by Starforged; 04-26-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Chaos Baby
      Emotionless

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Good OPAsset to the ForumElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
      Also... Wouldn't it be Daymare? Haha.
      Actually this enforces the dream aspect, with Luna the "Nightmare" title made sense, however with Celestia who has shown no ties to dreams it's pretty silly unless we're going with the nightmare spirit canon in the comics(Nightmare Rarity) and that gets at Celestia.

Quote Originally Posted by Starforged View Post
      Still, I will throw out another hope: Mirror Universe adventure. Perhaps as an episode, hopefully as a full film. Kind of a fan of them, as my avatar might show.
      That would be pretty fun
      Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
      Spoiler: stuff 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast