FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
      Count
      Always happy to RP or chat! PM
      or VM me~?

Flirtatious

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following

Friendship Through the Ages, Rockin' Hairstyles Dolls Comparison (IMG Heavy)

Hi, everypony!

I posted yesterday about the new songs, but I wanted to focus on Friendship Through the Ages a bit more:

What made this song stand out to me the most actually isn't the music; no, it was actually the outfits the Mane 6 were wearing!

I'm no fashionista like Rarity () but I DID notice that their outfits were eerily familiar. And why is that? Well, some ponies here might know that I am collecting the Equestria Girls Dolls. While I only have 6 currently, I've done my research~ (More like window shopping and squeeing, but here's my Amazon list of all I want to get so far) What I noticed was that the Rockin' Hairstyles dolls had the same hairstyles and outfits, to a varying degree. I'll go over those now!

Twilight Sparkle:

Aside from obvious girls' accessories like the purse and earrings (On disappearing ears, how does that work? ) I liked her outfit. It wasn't too over the top, like a certain someponies'...

Rarity:

Definitely over the top, but that's Rarity. Would Rarity even listen to marching band music? She seems MUCH more like the classical type. And again, with the pony ear earrings. I AM curious about how her shoulderpads attach. They probably are the 'accessory' like Twilight's purse.

Pinkie Pie:

They DEFINITELY went the right route with pop for her genre. I love the stuffed Gummy in the short, but why isn't he on the doll? Too much plastic? Shame on you, Hasbro. I also noticed that while it was the same 'style' clothing, it was no where near accurate. Maybe it's because the doll needed some 'oomph' to compensate for the dull hair.

Applejack:

A few things about this. What about her hair? Rockin' Hairstyles? She's as plain as ever! At least put her hair into braids in-box or something. Secondly, while I LOVE that she has her hat, I'm not so thrilled at the obvious sticker decor. It looks like it would fall off eventually, and to be honest, it just doesn't look good. Overall though, she's still cute.

Fluttershy:

Oh my Celestia, she's adorable. I couldn't get a good shot of her in the short, but you don't need one to figure out that this is pretty spot-on. I love how she comes with her instrument (however pink and plastic it can be ) and the extra detail in her skirt is acceptable. Aside from the earrings, I love her look.

Rainbow Dash:

Okay, let me just say: HECK YEAH~! Not ONLY did they turn Rainbow Dash into Rainbow Punk, but a shaved-head hairstyle? That's something you almost never see in dolls. (Less hair for the little girls to brush!) Her outfit is a bit darker than in the short, but in this case I like it. The dulled rainbow is every angsty 15 year old's dream, and in this case, I'll forgive the earrings just because they're awesome black studs. Keep rocking, Rainbow.

Overall, I love that there was a point of reference to the dolls. Too often we find new dolls and outfits and wonder why they're even wearing that. For a musical number? It ALL makes sense!

That's all I have for now, and like always, lemme know if a link is down~! If anypony has any thoughts on this I'd be happy to discuss!

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst Lullaby View Post
      Twilight Sparkle:
      I actually considered looking for this Twilight doll when I heard the outfits from the video corresponded with a toy line, quite a fan of the outfit (and hairstyle).

But that toy... I think it's changed my mind. Cannot unsee Nicki Minaj...

Count
      Always happy to RP or chat! PM
      or VM me~?

Flirtatious

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
      I actually considered looking for this Twilight doll when I heard the outfits from the video corresponded with a toy line, quite a fan of the outfit (and hairstyle).

But that toy... I think it's changed my mind. Cannot unsee Nicki Minaj...

OH GOD. I was blissfully ignorant until now, WHY did you have to go and do that to me? At least I'll probably forget about it soon enough since I don't keep up with celebrities, but geez, Twi~!

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blog Entries
      Follows
      Following
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst Lullaby View Post
      At least I'll probably forget about it soon enough since I don't keep up with celebrities, but geez, Twi~!
      It's funny, because I don't at all either, but it still was the only thing I could imagine when looking at it!

I've always thought it's a
      challenge finding the perfect
      do for the time being.

Geeky

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Also a fan of Twi's hairstyle and outfit!

Wonder why they done that though, better sales for the dolls? Probably.