FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
      Going on this site is a
      constant reminder of my
      inevitable death

Tired

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following

Do you like the Seven Realms?

THE SEVEN REALMS

-I read this series a year or so ago, and fell in love with it. It is still one of my favorite series to this day.

-Not many people I know have read the whole series, but the people who have loved it.

-I you want to read or talk about it, go ahead!

The trouble with having an
      open mind, of course, is that
      people will insist on coming
      along and trying to put things
      in it. - Terry Pratchett

Heroic

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      @DuskEminence Tell me about it. Who's it by? What's the setting? I've been looking for a book to buy lately, but I'm a picky, picky person when it comes to how a book is written. Big fan of George RR Martin, Terry Pratchett, John Moore, E E Knight, David Gemmell, Neil Gaiman, and Katharine Kerr to give you an idea of authors who have gained my approval.

That being said, I don't mind spoilers. Knowing how the journey ends doesn't tell you anything really, so a few spoilers to sell me likely won't harm my experience of the book. So, tell me about it; I'm interested in finding a new series worth exploring.

Going on this site is a
      constant reminder of my
      inevitable death

Tired

Bits
      Post Thanks / Like
      Follows
      Following
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrion View Post
      @DuskEminence Tell me about it. Who's it by? What's the setting? I've been looking for a book to buy lately, but I'm a picky, picky person when it comes to how a book is written. Big fan of George RR Martin, Terry Pratchett, John Moore, E E Knight, David Gemmell, Neil Gaiman, and Katharine Kerr to give you an idea of authors who have gained my approval.

That being said, I don't mind spoilers. Knowing how the journey ends doesn't tell you anything really, so a few spoilers to sell me likely won't harm my experience of the book. So, tell me about it; I'm interested in finding a new series worth exploring.
      Wow, I forgot about this thread.

Storyline:
      There is seven realms that have been split by a civil war. (All of this is very lord of the rings style)
      The realms are still in a civil war.
      The kingdom of the fells, where it takes place, is host of the Gray Wolf line, probably the most important bloodline in the seven realms.

The whole story gravitates around an old wizard king long ago that "supposedly" stole the first Gray Wolf queen and almost destroyed the world, but then the queen saved herself and killed the king, stuff like that. Then the wizards and the people without powers, (I.E. Clan, Royalty) made a set of rules to prevent it from happening again.

So now, like a million years later, our story starts. The main character is an ex-streetlord who now is a trader and scavenger. He has taken on life in the clan mostly, but still goes back to his struggling mother and sister to bring them food and money he gets from trades. His name is Han Alister, But his nickname is Cuffs Alister, and his clan name is Hunts Alone. He has the nickname, "Cuffs", because he has these silver cuffs. that he has had on for as long as he can remember, that are jinxed because the grow with him, but never come off. It turns out that he and his clan friend are actually wizards, and the reason why the cuffs are there are is to hide the magic. Now, the clans dont really like wizards, so they have to leave and go to some sort of school thing.

Now, back at the Fells, the current princess or heir to the throne, likes being a princess, but likes to be outdoors hunting, and dislikes the princess-y life. She also does not want to marry soon, but her mother apposes to that. A wizard also really likes her, (a devious wizard) but is forbidden to marry her, because of the rules. She runs away.

Long story short, she meets up with Cuffs somehow, goes to the school thing place, goes on more adventures, Cuffs finds out that he is related to the evil king, they also find out that the whole "evil king" thing was a lie, go on more adventures, get married, the end. (Even though Cuffs is a wizard. Fuck the system.)

Yep. And the whole this is super Elder Scrolls type of vibe, and the writing is beautiful as well.
      I hope you enjoy reading the series if you do decide to read it!

The first book: The Demon King

Author: Cinda Williams Chima