FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

  • Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Default
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Radio Team Leader
      Emotionless
       
      chimicherry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      california
      Posts
      935
      Bits
      14,644

      Sleepless in Ponyville (Spoilers)

      Well we have a Scootaloo episode. Maybe we'll learn more about her... *cough family cough
      As far as spoilers this is all I got...


      "Scootaloo begins to have nightmares after hearing the frightful campfire stories."
      Thanks quhz for finding this.
      Now I'm thinking RBD Scootaloo relation... Predictions?
      Last edited by chimicherry; 12-08-2012 at 01:51 AM.

    2. #2
      Senior Member
      Always forwards, never back.
       
      Chaotic
       
      Cheese Sandwich's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Saskatchewan,Canada
      Posts
      863
      Bits
      8,466
      Blog Entries
      5
      RD's Ego is getting bigger. its annoying.
      Likes Tank liked this post
       
      Roleplay Character: Gold Rush



      My Youtube Channel - zuzoscorner

    3. #3
      Count
      PPMD Kreygasm
       
      Cool
       
      Santiago's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Home.
      Posts
      666
      Bits
      4,410
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      I feel as if they aren't even trying with this season. They expect us to be happy with the episodes because they are filling it with fan service, which would be okay if it were implicated correctly. These references to our community feel like they are just added for the sake of having them in.


      Example: Luna being in this episode.


      There was no reason for Luna to be in this episode at all. She is the princess of the night, not the princess of dreams. She was thrown in just for the sake of having her in, because we, the fandom, love Luna. Your Average Joe Brony probably DID scream out in glee about how she was in the episode, not even stopping to think about how out of place she was. I can reassure you that I did not.


      Something else I want to mention is the fact that they made all the ponies sit like humans because Lyra sits like that. That bothered the living hell out of me throughout the entire episode. All of my no. Maybe it wouldn't have a problem with it if they usually sat like that, but they don't. Ponies should not sit like humans, they should sit like ponies.


      I'd also like to mention how much I hated it when Rainbow Dash said "If you tell anyone else this, I will deny it." It fuels my ever-growing hatred of Rainbow Dash, because I hate people who do that.




      5/10 Would not watch again.

    4. #4
      Senior Member
      Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??
       
      Classy
       
      Nero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Findlay, OH
      Posts
      465
      Bits
      4,541
      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      There was no reason for Luna to be in this episode at all. She is the princess of the night, not the princess of dreams. She was thrown in just for the sake of having her in, because we, the fandom, love Luna. Your Average Joe Brony probably DID scream out in glee about how she was in the episode, not even stopping to think about how out of place she was. I can reassure you that I did not.
      Since Luna was never shown in the real world, and only in Scootaloo's dream, do you think that she may have just been part of Scootaloo's dream? A young filly like Scootaloo would probably think that Luna would be able to do something like that, since at that age you think night = sleep = dreams. So Scootaloo's mind, looking for some comfort, made the illusion that a powerful figure would come and save her from the nightmares. To her subconscious, Luna would make the most sense to be able to come into her dreams, so the illusion was crafted as Luna.

      Furthermore, since it has never been shown before that other ponies talk about seeing Luna in their dreams, it just adds more proof to Dream!Luna being a part of Scootaloo's imagination. You would think that somepony would talk about being visited by Luna in their dreams, but we hear nothing of the sort. Scootaloo is a kid, kids have wild imaginations.

      However, as for the episode itself...meh. I never really liked CMC episodes, so I knew that going into the episode. Luna's presence, no matter how unbelieveable, made the episode tolerable.

      7/10, I'll watch it again, but not often.

      "And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her."

    5. #5
      Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie!
      Hey... there... noticed you
      were... here...
       
      Amused
       
      Limestone Pie!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      6,262
      Bits
      39,195
      Blog Entries
      2
      Awards Best of '13 - Best ArtistDecommissioned with HonorsArtist
      Pretty nice episode in imo, lots of feelings were had and scootaloo's character development it's always accepted on my behalf

      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      I feel as if they aren't even trying with this season. They expect us to be happy with the episodes because they are filling it with fan service, which would be okay if it were implicated correctly. These references to our community feel like they are just added for the sake of having them in.


      Example: Luna being in this episode.


      There was no reason for Luna to be in this episode at all. She is the princess of the night, not the princess of dreams. She was thrown in just for the sake of having her in, because we, the fandom, love Luna. Your Average Joe Brony probably DID scream out in glee about how she was in the episode, not even stopping to think about how out of place she was. I can reassure you that I did not.


      Something else I want to mention is the fact that they made all the ponies sit like humans because Lyra sits like that. That bothered the living hell out of me throughout the entire episode. All of my no. Maybe it wouldn't have a problem with it if they usually sat like that, but they don't. Ponies should not sit like humans, they should sit like ponies.


      I'd also like to mention how much I hated it when Rainbow Dash said "If you tell anyone else this, I will deny it." It fuels my ever-growing hatred of Rainbow Dash, because I hate people who do that.




      5/10 Would not watch again.
      Rainbow Dash: that's her character, and there's real people in the world that act that way.

      Luna: who are you to decide what are her abilities when it comes to dreams? writers have stated that they still take much of their ideas out of lauren's "pitch bible" wich could say at some point "luna takes care of you in your dreams" is it really so hard to imagine? with dreams being directly related to sleep and thus night?

      you: you're just overcritical, while the episode wasn't the greatest thing, it's hard to do ANYTHING for the writer without it being confused with fan service, because imho this RD and scoot thing and luna stuff could have been planned all along

      Quote Originally Posted by TheNewRevolution31 View Post
      Furthermore, since it has never been shown before that other ponies talk about seeing Luna in their dreams.
      Luna hasn't been around in a 1000 years, most of that could have been lost in history, just like the crystal empire existance was something nopony knew

      also, too lazy to rewrite this
      Last edited by Limestone Pie!; 12-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.
      Likes Charade, chimicherry liked this post
       

    6. #6
      Count
      PPMD Kreygasm
       
      Cool
       
      Santiago's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Home.
      Posts
      666
      Bits
      4,410
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
      Pretty nice episode in imo, lots of feelings were had and scootaloo's character development it's always accepted on my behalf



      Rainbow Dash: that's her character, and there's real people in the world that act that way.

      Luna: who are you to decide what are her abilities when it comes to dreams? writers have stated that they still take much of their ideas out of lauren's "pitch bible" wich could say at some point "luna takes care of you in your dreams" is it really so hard to imagine? with dreams being directly related to sleep and thus night?

      you: you're just overcritical, while the episode wasn't the greatest thing, it's hard to do ANYTHING for the writer without it being confused with fan service, because imho this RD and scoot thing and luna stuff could have been planned all along
      I know that it's in her character to be a bragging, obnoxious pony, and I simply don't like her character. I am completely aware that there are people like Rainbow Dash out there, and I don't like those people.


      The whole concept of Luna being able to visit you in your dreams has many plot-holes for it to make sense in my opinion. How can she watch over everyone's dreams and keeping watch over Canterlot, all at the same time? There is no explanation to this at all. You could argue that she doesn't watch over everyone's dreams, but then I could argue that Scootaloo couldn't have been the only one who was having a nightmare that night.


      I am a overcritical. Your point being....? I'm also under the assumption that everything is fan service because I know that Season 3 is LITTERED with fan service.



      One thing that I forgot to mention in my original post was the fact that they aren't even writing letters to Celestia anymore, which is even more proof that they aren't gearing this towards the original directed audience anymore.
      Likes Limestone Pie! liked this post
       

    7. #7
      Senior Member
      Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??
       
      Classy
       
      Nero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Findlay, OH
      Posts
      465
      Bits
      4,541
      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      The whole concept of Luna being able to visit you in your dreams has many plot-holes for it to make sense in my opinion. How can she watch over everyone's dreams and keeping watch over Canterlot, all at the same time? There is no explanation to this at all. You could argue that she doesn't watch over everyone's dreams, but then I could argue that Scootaloo couldn't have been the only one who was having a nightmare that night.
      As I said earlier, there isn't any proof that it was the real Luna that Scootaloo saw in her dream. It was probably just a child's mind trying to sort out all the stress that was coming in as a result of the scary campfire stories.


      Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
      Luna hasn't been around in a 1000 years, most of that could have been lost in history, just like the crystal empire existance was something nopony knew
      But she's also been back for quite awhile now, so somepony probably would've experienced and mentioned it by now.



      I'm going to stick to my theory that we are talking about a figment of Scootaloo's imagination. Until we see the real Luna confirm it, there is no way to prove that this wasn't the case. The "plot holes" created by her appearance in dreams just emphasize this further. A child's mind isn't going to care whether or not it makes sense, especially when in a distressed state like Scootaloo was. The only thing that a child would care about is that someone (or somepony in this case) wise and powerful was there. The weak explanation for Luna's presence would be the kind a child would think up, so while Scootaloo may believe that Princess Luna was really there, it may just be kids being kids.

      "And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her."

    8. #8
      Count
      PPMD Kreygasm
       
      Cool
       
      Santiago's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Home.
      Posts
      666
      Bits
      4,410
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by TheNewRevolution31 View Post
      As I said earlier, there isn't any proof that it was the real Luna that Scootaloo saw in her dream. It was probably just a child's mind trying to sort out all the stress that was coming in as a result of the scary campfire stories.




      But she's also been back for quite awhile now, so somepony probably would've experienced and mentioned it by now.



      I'm going to stick to my theory that we are talking about a figment of Scootaloo's imagination. Until we see the real Luna confirm it, there is no way to prove that this wasn't the case. The "plot holes" created by her appearance in dreams just emphasize this further. A child's mind isn't going to care whether or not it makes sense, especially when in a distressed state like Scootaloo was. The only thing that a child would care about is that someone (or somepony in this case) wise and powerful was there. The weak explanation for Luna's presence would be the kind a child would think up, so while Scootaloo may believe that Princess Luna was really there, it may just be kids being kids.
      Your theory is as good as mine, but I'm sticking with mine.

    9. #9
      Senior Member
      Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??
       
      Classy
       
      Nero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Findlay, OH
      Posts
      465
      Bits
      4,541
      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      Your theory is as good as mine, but I'm sticking with mine.
      That's fine. Everypony is entitled to their own opinion.

      "And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her."

    10. #10
      Junior Member
      Emotionless
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      10
      Bits
      156
      You're a complete fucking idiot. Rainbow dash was a sweetheart in this episode. Overly critical assholes like you are the problem with this world. Get of your ducking high horse you prick. Rainbow dash is a better person than you'll ever be.

      Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Sandwich View Post
      RD's Ego is getting bigger. its annoying.
      No. You just need to pull the stick out of your ads.

      Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
      I feel as if they aren't even trying with this season. They expect us to be happy with the episodes because they are filling it with fan service, which would be okay if it were implicated correctly. These references to our community feel like they are just added for the sake of having them in.


      Example: Luna being in this episode.


      There was no reason for Luna to be in this episode at all. She is the princess of the night, not the princess of dreams. She was thrown in just for the sake of having her in, because we, the fandom, love Luna. Your Average Joe Brony probably DID scream out in glee about how she was in the episode, not even stopping to think about how out of place she was. I can reassure you that I did not.


      Something else I want to mention is the fact that they made all the ponies sit like humans because Lyra sits like that. That bothered the living hell out of me throughout the entire episode. All of my no. Maybe it wouldn't have a problem with it if they usually sat like that, but they don't. Ponies should not sit like humans, they should sit like ponies.


      I'd also like to mention how much I hated it when Rainbow Dash said "If you tell anyone else this, I will deny it." It fuels my ever-growing hatred of Rainbow Dash, because I hate people who do that.




      5/10 Would not watch again.
      Rainbow dash was a sweetheart in this episode and that line was funny. Grow up.
      WTFs Cheese Sandwich WTF'd at this
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •