FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

[OLD/OUTDATED] CC: Twilight Sparkle

((Last updated post-Season 2, I'll get to updating eventually ))

Name: Twilight Sparkle

Species: Unicorn ((Now Alicorn))

Approximate age: 19

Picture and/or Description:

((A good example of my mood as I write this ))

Background:

Twilight originally came from Canterlot, where she was enrolled in the 'Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns'. We do know what her parents look like from the show, they're both unicorns. She has an older brother, Shining Armor, who was her BBBFF, supposedly her only real friend back in Canterlot. She also now has a sister-in-law, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (Cadance xD), who was her foal-sitter back when Twilight was a filly, and became part of her true family when she married her brother. Twilight and Cadance were very close as well, and had a lot of fun together.

Twilight devoted herself to her magical studies, even before becoming Celestia's apprentice. She spent all of her time in Canterlot reading, working, and discovering spells. This did cause her to be a bit antisocial, choosing to study instead of hang out with other ponies. This changes, however, as she moves to Ponyville. At first, she only interacts with ponies as would be required for her duties given by the Princess. As they all show her what a good friend is like, and Pinkie throws a huge party at the Library, where she is staying, she accuses them all of being crazy. Spike reminds her of the last assignment she was given, to make some friends. As Nightmare Moon begins to wreak havoc on Equestria, she is forced into working with the rest of the Mane 6, needing to discover and wield the Elements of Harmony upon the mare of darkness. This opens her eyes to their friendship, and she sees the qualities in each of them. As she is confronted by NMM, teleported to a different room in the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, and her newfound friends rush to get back to her, she discovers her element as she hears their voices. The missing, hidden element, the one ignited by a spark, residing deep inside her heart. The Element of Magic. She also at this point realizes that they are all true friends. Later, as she would have to depart back to Canterlot, she admits to the Princess that she doesn't want to leave her friends, almost as soon as she had met them. Celestia allows her to continue her studies from the Ponyville Library, where she now lives, running the library as well, with her assistants Spike and Owlicious. There was one stipulation – she must stay in regular contact with the Princess.

Personality / Traits:

Leadership: Twilight is a very good leader, and will take the role of leader, if necessary. However, she often seems to not be able to get the backing of other ponies, and doesn't have the forceful nature to make them follow her. She instead may just start yelling (sometimes just to herself), getting stressed that somepony doesn't believe what she has determined as the obvious truth.

Organzation: This is kind of a branch of her leadership as well, but Twilight is ALWAYS organized. She makes checklists for anything, and will triple-check them, leaving no room for error. She also was credited by the mayor for having the ability to organize the teams during Winter Wrap Up Day so well, they were able to finish on time, even after all their delays.

Belief / Skepticism: Twilight has a very difficult time believing something that cannot be proved. Her mind thinks very scientifically, and she believes that everything happens for a true reason. This is why she could not just accept that 'Pinkie Sense' is what it is, and one should just believe it's foreseeings as true.

Smarts/ Studiousness: Twilight is certainly a well-studied mare, and knows quite a bit about almost anything. She doesn't see herself as a genius, however, and will often give a detailed answer to a question while at the same time shrugging it off as being simple. Almost all her knowledge is gained from reading her books.

Temper / Rage: Twilight's scientific thought process convinces her that she knows the best, most correct way to conduct in any situation. This, combined with ponies not listening to her, occasionally causes her to grow quite a rage. She tends to internalize this, talking to herself, until she snaps. She might start screaming, yelling right at somepony as she exhales heavily, letting her anger take the better of her, until she's said what she wants to say. After this happens, however, she may apologize, as her sanity comes back, and she sees how she overreacted.

Devotion / Determination: Twilight is devoted to the task at hand, and will not allow anypony to stray her from that path. This may cause her to lose focus of the surrounding world, and make her go a bit insane (as seen in Lesson Zero). She is also devoted to her friends, and willing to assist them, although this sometimes does more harm than good. She is almost always looking for the positive, such as with Discord's game. She continued to try to see the good in her friends, and herself fell to his tricks, as she gave up on them, losing her belief and determination that they could solve the puzzle. She does realize this again, however, and snaps back to her normal self.

Social Conduct: Twilight has grown socially quite a bit since she arrived in Ponyville, no longe being completely awkward in situations where she meets new ponies. Realizing how her friends helped her back then, she is excited to meet new ponies, and will offer to help them, be it through her knowledge, or showing them around. Having herself known by most ponies in the town, as she gained a bit of a public aura from her work in saving them (multiple times) from certain doom, gives her confidence. This includes incidents such as those with Nightmare Moon, the Ursa, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis.

Cutie Mark:
      Twilight always had a special interest in magic. As a young filly, she studied spells, learning to focus magic younger than other unicorns. Her cutie mark appears during an entrance exam to Celestia's school for Gifted Uncorns.
      She was so strong in her raw magical abilities, during the exam to the school, she accidentally changed her parents into some potted foliage, as well as more than passed the requirements of the exam. As she, a young filly, hatched and grew the newborn dragon [Spike] much too large, and sent him through the roof, much to the delight of herself. (However, none of this would have been done without seeing RD's rainboom, as her nervousness prevented her from being able to focus and perform the spell until that point). The Princess observed this power, and decided to make Twilight her personal apprentice, realizing her magical potential. Her cutie mark appears, a large, magenta star (matches the stripe in her mane), encircled by five smaller, white ones.

Optional:
      Twilight represents the Element of Magic (I did mention this above). When utilizing this power, she is able to harness a golden crown, with a magenta star (like that in her cutie mark), and uses it to distribute her energy through this. The Element of Magic is the strongest, however most mysterious element. It only appears when the other five elements are in its presence.

((below here is some stuff I just wanted to say))

I kind of stopped writing in the background after the whole NMM story, I could continue writing out the script from every episode where Twilight discovers something, but... that's almost every episode! She had to find something each week, until Celestia opened that up to all of the Mane 6. We all know what happens, anyways, and I'm not going to make you read through pages and pages of it. I can write up more stories like that, however, if y'all really feel that it's necessary.

She also has many sides to her personality, and I tried to cover quite a few of them. If you can think of one that I skipped over or missed, please tell me. I'll be sure to add it in. Twilight arguably has the biggest role in the show, as the original main protagonist. There's a lot to think about, and a lot to work off of.

I really can relate in some ways to her, which is kind of a reason why I would love to be able to RP as her. She's my favorite unicorn on the show, and I am much like her, knowing a bit of information about a lot of things. We'd both be good at trivia, if putting it that way makes sense! I also often internalize my anger, as I was saying she does above, and I can be a very good leader, if I feel said duty calls, although I might not jump to take that role, just step in if it's open, I guess. Kind of how I see her doing it too!

Finally, I just want to say something about the way I act in RP. We know so much about Twilight, how she acts, how she thinks, etc. I just want to make this clear now - I would obviously try and keep her to these qualities, and won't really make much up in that respect... the writers of the show did that for me already!
      Last edited by Twilight Sparkle; 09-29-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: update notes