FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: OC: Firestrider

Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??

Classy

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Firestrider

Name: Firestirider

Species: Unicorn

Approximate age: 20

Picture and/or Description: Firestider is a tall unicorn with a dull yellow coat. He has a long Red/Orange mane and matching tail, almost resembling fire. He has deep blue eyes. He has a cutie mark that resembles a tongue of flame.

Background: Firestrider was born and raised in Ponyville, and he is proud to call it home. At a young age, it appeared that he wouldn't be able to use magic, due to his inability to lift even the smallest of objects with his horn. This caused his family no small amount of worry, and he became shy as a result of being sheltered in his house. His childhood largly consisted of remedial lessons from a tutor in an attempt to get his magic working. However, both the teacher and his older brother were very condescending. One day when he was about 13, he was caught out in the rain, away from home, he hid in a small cave to keep dry. He got cold and gathered a few dead branches to try and make a fire. It was then that he discovered his ability to produce and control fire. After the rain cleared up, he hurried back home and showed his parents. Who immediately became overjoyed at his talent. They soon canceled the lessons with the tutor and let him explore the possiblites of his talent. One night, after viewing a fireworks show, he decided that he was going to learn how to create them. He began sneaking off into the wilderness and began experimenting with fire and how it burned, what materials burned what colour, and for how long things burned. He soon created a store of smoke bombs, fireworks, and sparklers, and set off his first display just outside of Ponyville. After leaving everypony in awe, he decided to continue with his experimentation. He now works as a pyrotechnican, making firework shows with his special ability.

Personality: Firestrider is a little shy. His family raised him in a somewhat sheltered environment due to his apparent disability. Underneath that shy interior, however, is a calm, intelligent pony who loves having a good time. He is very careful because of the dangers of his pyrotechnic experimentations. He tends to be quite optimistic and confident when it comes to his displays. He is always planning ahead, never doing things "on a whim". He is also a little eccentric, but not crazy. Some see him as a pyromaniac, but his friends and family think otherwise. Meeting him for the first time can be a little awkward, due to his tendency of giving one word replies to strangers, but as he gets to know somepony, he begins to open up more and soon becomes one of the livelier ponies to be around. His pyrotechic shows tend to be incredibly exciting to watch, and he has a lot of fun putting them on. Once he caught his tail on fire, but he doesn't recount the tale often.

Cutie Mark: His cuite mark resembles a normal tongue of flame, with red, orange, and yellow hues. He earned his cuite mark when he set some dead sticks on fire with his horn and discovered his pyromantic abilites. When he finally got home, he enthusiastically showed his parents his mark and ability. His parents immediately became overjoyed that Firestrider not only discovered his talent, but that he was able to use magic. They tried for a little longer to get him to lift things with magic, but it was soon apparent that he was unable to lift anything with magic. He then began completely focusing on what he could do with his abilities. He uses his pyromancy to start the fuses of his pyrotechnics or add a little more "heat" to his displays. He can generate and control a large amount of fire, but because of his job as a pyrotechnician, he strictly enforces his own talent for the safety of others.

Use: Both Fourm and Shoutbox RP

Optional: It should be noted that Firestrider is ABSOLUTELY INCAPABLE of telekinesis. While most unicorns seem to be capable of lifting light objects, Firestrider cannot. The only things he can do are his pyromantic abilites.

Added Note: http://www.equestriaforever.com/show...4-OC-Frostbite is Firestrider's older brother.

Spoiler: A Grand Adventure S.P.E.C.I.A.L 
      Last edited by Nero; 12-19-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Shrouded In Darkness
      I'm a cold killer, its what my
      hands are for.

Sneaky

Bits
      Bits
      Already trying to hop into the RP I see. All I have to note, is this:
      Spoiler: Screencap 

Should help our little spelling/grammar war.

Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??

Classy

Bits
      Bits
      I can't even escape that war here, can I?
      Likes Nightseeker liked this post

"And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her."

Shrouded In Darkness
      hands are for.

Sneaky

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by TheNewRevolution31 View Post
      I can't even escape that war here, can I?
      No. No you cannot.

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Hey there!

This looks like a pretty good start. There's only a few things we need a bit more specification on before this is acceptable. Mainly, give us some insight as to the scope of his fire talents. Things like the size of the fires he can produce and the actual things he can do to "control" them! Wouldn't want anypony to start a wildfire... Fluttershy would not be pleased.

Also, you mention a "flashbomb", could you tell the readers what that is? Edit back!

Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??

Classy

Bits
      Bits
      Edits are done.

"And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her."

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Thanks for editing. I don't know how much you consider a "large" amount of fire that he can generate, but this will probably need to be scaled down.

For instance, Chrysalis' spell produced an amount of fire I would consider too large for a pony to be allowed. They generally don't show capabilities in elemental magics. That being said, you mention he uses it only in the capacity needed for his displays. This being the case, I'm going to go ahead and accept this, but do be warned... don't go overboard with producing fire.

Have fun in the RP.

Shrouded In Darkness
      hands are for.

Sneaky

Bits
      Bits
      Welcome to the RP bro!

Why am I stuck playing
      backseat to Dante??

Classy

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
      Thanks for editing. I don't know how much you consider a "large" amount of fire that he can generate, but this will probably need to be scaled down.

For instance, Chrysalis' spell produced an amount of fire I would consider too large for a pony to be allowed. They generally don't show capabilities in elemental magics. That being said, you mention he uses it only in the capacity needed for his displays. This being the case, I'm going to go ahead and accept this, but do be warned... don't go overboard with producing fire.

Have fun in the RP.

I promise I won't overdo it.
      Thanks Twilight Sparkle thanked for this post