FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
      (It's Trixie and Twilight)
      For RP questions, please
      message us individually on our
      main accounts!

Emotionless

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Firefly (Kinda Fanon Character)

Name: Firefly

Species: Pegasus

Approximate age: 35 (human yrs.)

Picture and/or Description:

Background: Firefly grew up as the average filly in Cloudsdale, the sky city overlooking Ponyville in charge of making the weather for Equestria. Her father was a snowflake technician at the weather factory, her mother a salespony who spent a lot of time at home. This is where Firefly found her true love in life, the joy of flight.

Of course, living in Cloudsdale, all the pegasi foals were eventually sent to flight camp. But Firefly learned to fly far before that, thanks to her mother being home so often. Nearly every day since she was only perhaps four or five years old, the mother and daughter would stand in their yard, and Firefly would try to fly. She had, naturally, "flown" before on the backs of her parents, and got the feeling of the crisp high-altitude breeze rushing over her muzzle and through her mane. But just sitting there on her parents' back was so boring! It would be way more fun to fly on her own, and she had the wings to do it... so she was going to get it done! Her mother was a decent teacher, and within a few months of these daily attempts to soar through the air, amid many scrapes and bruises from the frequent crashes, she did it. Firefly was able to fly.

From there on, Firefly spent that time every day getting better at her flight, much to the jealousy of the other foals, many of who could not even hover off the ground yet, around the age of six. She worked up her strength and will to fly like the best weather-team pegasi, and ponies noticed. She wasn't even in school yet, and you could see her buzzing through the streets of Cloudsdale almost every day, the typical giddy giggle of foals echoing behind her along with the wind of her wings. She knew she was good at it too -- the ponies she had met that were her age would beg her to show them the "awesome moves" that she could do.

Around the age of ten, all the pegasi we sent to flight camp. Firefly was no exception... except that she was flying circles around nearly everypony else, literally. When she was tasked to fly 'straight and level' through some rings, she did much more than that... completing the task with barrel-rolls and even a loop at the end. All the other fillies and colts were in awe, and would sometimes cheer her on, as well as begging her to do more, as they had been for years. This made Firefly become quite the show-off, loving the attention of others amongst her peers. Firefly spent most of her time at flight camp getting better and better on her own, knowing she had skills greater than even many adult pegasi.

A few years after that, after attending more and more flight camps, and gaining more skills, she was asked to become a junior instructor for the basic flight camp at only the age of twelve. Firefly earned her cutie mark that summer, the two blue streaks of lightning that adorn her flanks today. She had been teaching a group of colts on how to swerve quickly in flight, but they were struggling to react to the whistle she was using to signal them to swerve back one way or the other. Firefly had the idea of dragging some full rainclouds onto the training area, and aligned them in a zig-zag pattern. The colts were told to make sure they'd swerve in time, or they would all be getting quite soaked as they flew straight into the rainclouds. They claimed it was too hard. To prove them wrong, Firefly did one "test-run" of her own obstacle course, however took the clear opportunity to show off to the younger colts. Instead of just avoiding the clouds, she swerved so close to each of them that she gave them a swift buck with a hindleg, releasing a bolt of lightning. The maneuver was so impressive, she even got written up in the local paper about her skills, and the day that she got her cutie mark. Needless to say, those colts became some of the better fliers that summer, under Firefly's hoof.

After the last flight camp at sixteen, Firefly was pretty bored with her time. Being a weather pony, to her, was unexciting now. They couldn't go fast enough... not like she loved to. So, she went around the city, and traveled to a few others like Ponyville, impressing ponies with her skill. Lucky for her, she was showing off one day and caught the eye of the affluent owner of the Cloud Stadium in Cloudsdale. He asked her to join a show to display her talents, and agreed to pay her for her time. She gladly accepted, though with a few ideas in her head as well. She went back and found a two of the best colts she had taught at the flight camp, not surprisingly some of the best fliers at the time as well, after been put through Firefly's kinds of training. She asked them to help out, and the three entered the show group known as The Wonderbolts.

For years after that, the Wonderbolts, eventually led by Firefly herself, performed for crowds at the Cloud Stadium. Between shows, they trained, they went to parties, they showed off, and they tried to get even better. Firefly found a little secret, though it only seemed to work for her, to control flight better. She discovered that if she tied a bow, right at the base of her tail near her flank, it did just that! The bow split the wind just right, exactly even, off her wings to keep her level. She might even tell you that it made her faster, and often wears a royal blue one to this day.

Sadly, every athlete's career must end one day. As the years of strenuous shows went on, Firefly's youthful stamina to perform dwindled a bit. Around the age of twenty-eight, she and the other Wonderbolts decided that they would pass on the name, to a younger group of fliers. Firefly befriended a mare similar to herself, an orange pegasus named Spitfire that was showing to be quite the skilled pony in advanced flight maneuvers. The other Wonderbolts did the same with other fillies and colts... each taking one to shadow and help get better, shaping them to be Wonderbolts all while not letting them know. After the flight camps were over, they eventually planned for them all to meet up again, and these young ponies, luckily all good friends, even, though detached from a few years of not seeing each other, reconnected. Firefly did the honor of telling them their fate, as they were the new Wonderbolts. She felt it only fitting to put Spitfire at the helm.

Today, Firefly spends her time doing whatever she pleases, honestly. She was able to retire with a respectable fame and fortune as a Wonderbolt, and resides in Cloudsdale in her own cloud home. She likes to take trips down to Ponyville often, saying that the heavier ground air keeps her strong in flight. Her flying skill is still very high, not nearly as it used to be, but you'd still notice her if she wanted you to. Her show-offishness has subsided slightly over the years of maturity, but she'll still be happy to put on a little show. Firefly loves to mentor young ponies on the flight she loves so dearly, as well as just taking the time to cruse the skies on her own and take in the wonderful, crisp breeze as she always had.

Personality: Firefly is generally friendly, and would love to tell and teach you anything you want to know about the art of flight. She might get to bragging or want to show off if you egg her on, years of fame and adoration from crowds engraved that in her head. She can talk smack with the best of them, but again, can get carried away to the point of being show-offish and annoying if she becomes determined. She views herself as better than most, as a celebrity, you could say, and this may be noticeable from time to time... though she tries her best not to be like this, thus focusing on the mentoring as an outlet.

Cutie Mark:

Spoiler: Story in background, copied here. 

Use: Both RP's

Other: I looked at the Spitfire on this site when I was reading through some threads and saw they talked about Firefly, thought it would be cool to follow that story for mine!
      http://www.equestriaforever.com/show...98-CC-Spitfire
      Last edited by Twixie; 10-09-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: edited wonderbolt ideas

Chaos Baby
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Good OPAsset to the ForumElement of Generosity
      Bits
      "Kinda Fanon Character"
      are you aware that Firefly is an earlier Gen pony? you seem to be fairly on target with personality(as far as I can tell) but it might pay to do some research
      Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
      Spoiler: stuff 

For RP questions, please
      main accounts!

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
      "Kinda Fanon Character"
      are you aware that Firefly is an earlier Gen pony? you seem to be fairly on target with personality(as far as I can tell) but it might pay to do some research
      Oh, I know that Firefly is a g1 canon pony, but as far as the Friendship is Magic / g4 MLPverse she's not canon

So I figured I'd put what I did, assuming the canon of the RP here would be g4, lol.
      Likes Discord liked this post

Chaos Baby
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Good OPAsset to the ForumElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
      assuming the canon of the RP here would be g4, lol.
      it is but any who have watched the earlier gen would probably appreciate an accurate portrayal, in any case it doesn't really matter.
      Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
      Spoiler: stuff 

The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
      Oh, I know that Firefly is a g1 canon pony, but as far as the Friendship is Magic / g4 MLPverse she's not canon

So I figured I'd put what I did, assuming the canon of the RP here would be g4, lol.
      That is a fair assumption to make, we're definitely G4 canon here

Anyway, in regard to your character submission, the only real issue that I can see is the section regarding the Wonderbolts. We simply feel that the organization is likely much older than 19 years based not only on their fame and popularity but also the breadth of their civic duties. Because of Firefly's status in fanon (and the way it gives a wink to the older gens), I would be more than willing to accept her as a captain of the Wonderbolts, but I think it would fit better if she weren't the original founder.

I really enjoyed the fact that you made an effort to differentiate her adult personality from the youthful personality, and I think you did a great job of making it feel natural and believable.

I don't really have any other constructive criticism on the rest of the submission, it looks well written and well thought out. If you can come up with a modified story for her entry into the Wonderbolts, I think you'll be good to go.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in the RP!
      Likes Stix liked this post

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!

For RP questions, please
      main accounts!

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Alright, @Rarity

I changed her from starting the Wonderbolts to just joining them with the two colts as well, and her growing to the capt. rank over the years. That better?

The Fabulous
      Excited

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Fabulosity.LinguistTime LordElement of GenerosityThespian
      Bits
      Yep! That looks much better.

Welcome to the RP, @Firefly
      Thanks Twixie thanked for this post
      Likes Twixie liked this post

Thanks to Twilight for this sig!