FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
      She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
      I might as well not get a degree at all.
      To be fair that might not be a bad idea regardless; college is a massive money pit.

Baron
      Battleborn beta is pretty
      sweet.

Amused

Bits
      Bits
      Yes.
      Then you should either look here (http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/b/birt...yxia/intro.htm) or consult other doctors/physicians/other psych evaluators about what is right for you as there is really nothing that we as an an online brony forum can do for you in regards to height, sleep habits, college/math possibilities or lack thereof. You need professionals, and not a couple of pony-lovers. We can't help you. With anything. We aren't qualified.
      Thanks Flowey! thanked for this post
      Likes Electromancer liked this post

Spoiler: Pony Personality Test Results 

uh oh

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      But I was in resource math all throughout school.

All the GOOD paying jobs require math.

I won't be able to get a good job with an English, foreign language, history, or sociology major.

I'll never contribute to society with those kinds of majors. Those majors aren't considered valuable.
      English - English Teacher
      Foreign Languages - Translator
      History - History Teacher/Historian
      Sociology - OK FIRST OF ALL DON'T YOU DARE CALL SOCIOLOGY A WORTHLESS MAJOR, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WOULD DO TO BE ABLE TO DO SOCIOLOGY OK.
      YOU COULD BE A SOCIOLOGIST RIGHT, WORK WITH PEOPLE, THIS COULD HELP YOU GET INTO JOBS LIKE YOUTH WORK OF SOCIAL WORK HELPING OTHER KIDS WITH DISABILITIES OK.

I'M GOING TO LAY IT STRAIGHT, THIS THREAD IS FUCKING POINTLESS, YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ANY OF OUR SUGGESTIONS, YOU'RE JUST DOING THE WHOLE "I'M A VICTIM" "WOE IS ME" "PAY ATTENTION TO ME"
      IF YOU DON'T CHANGE YOU FREAKING ATTITUDE MATE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL END UP WITH NO JOB BECAUSE AS I'VE ALREADY SAID, YOU WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO KEEP A JOB.

My brother has extreme learning difficulties, he couldn't read properly until he was 10, I had to read to him and I'm 5 years younger than him.
      He struggled with maths like you, he was in the basic class all through school.
      Yes, he only works in a supermarket, but do you know what, it's a job.
      You cannot be picky with jobs ok.
      He does that job because he has a son, he loves, a lot.
      And he provides for that son with this one job ok, so don't you dare say that these jobs are no good, get off your high fucking horse and realize that you're not the god of all things, you're human right, no better than any of us.
      Not only this but he also provides for his girlfriend and her baby.
      They rent a flat, they have a little kitten, which guess what, he provides for with this job.

So don't you dare mock these jobs acting like you're higher than them, we all start somewhere.
      Yes it's not as good as maybe a Doctor, or a Lawyer, but it's a job, you get money, you get experience, as long as you have experience you are more likely to get a job, regardless of qualifications.

Now you stay in college, I know people who will give an arm and a leg to go to college, and you're going to waste it, don't you fucking dare ok, you do a major you can actually understand like maybe English, as I've already said you could go on to be an English Teacher, which is much better pay then a fast food restaurant!

Ok, seriously this thread should just be locked now, you're not listening to us at all, just like you never listened to us in the shoutbox when you had "sleeping Issues" unless you start taking responsibility no one is going to give you the time of the day.

You need to grow up and realize that you can't live life being picky.

Sorry for swearing mods, you're probably going to delete this because it's "too harsh" because we obviously can't tell people as it is, no matter how much they fucking need it.

I swear to god, just lock this thread already.
      Last edited by Calonetta; 09-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.
      Thanks Pwny Express, Electromancer thanked for this post
      WTFs Wiran WTF'd at this

Minecraft Admin
      I play video games

Dumb

Bits
      Bits
      oh! Im gonna pipe in because this caught my attention!

So listen up buttercup I used to be a lot like you and I would whine and bitch and be sad, hell im sure you are reading this right now being all like "man this guy is a dick" possibly with tears in your eyes, am I right? Course I am I was like you. SO here is what you need to do: First off do not keep thinking about how shit you are at something cause thats fucking stupid, second: LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE! They are here to help for gods sake you cant keep denying all the help these people are trying to give you. and third: Stop acting like the victim, you are not the victim the victim is someone who cannot be helped, you are someone who CAN BE HELPED but you keep turning it down.

What im saying is stop ignoring this help, get off the internet, and really think about what these people are saying because this is the stuff I wish I could have heard when I was all like "OH BOOHOO IM SHIT!"

End.
      Thanks Calonetta, Pwny Express thanked for this post

Doge Meme Man
      LEW D
      !!

Toxic

An oven turned up to the highest setting. (I.E., Australia)
      Bits
      Awards Time Lord
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
      Thank the gods for calculators.
      Pretty much this. Unless you're aiming to do top tier mathematics, you'll be using a calculator throughout your course and exams. I don't know a single person (albeit those doing high tier maths) who can work out equations in their head. (bar simple addition, multiplication etc)

English, foreign languages, history, and sociology are useless degrees.
      That's bullshit. Either of those as a BA and possibly an MA (well a Masters in French or German? don't think those exist, but doing that alongside a subject like sociology or international studies is highly recommended) could get you a job paying well and any math you'd need to do could be done with a calculator. They're also subjects that can be invaluable in the future and will make you a much better thinker (this can mostly be applied to sociology, and to psychology too.)

Maybe I could be happy working at a fast food restaurant.
      There you go, whatever pays the bills.

I might as well not get a degree at all.
      With the attitude you have it might be best not to. Degrees aren't always fully necessary either. Say you wanna work in film/tv; if you went straight for a BA you'd never get hired because all you could do is write essays, diplomas would offer hands on experience with equipment, software and would train you to work in those pressuring environments, therefore, making you employable.
      Likes Flowey! liked this post

Signature picture made by Discord.

Bringing the Thunder

Meh

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Pony View Post
      Pretty much this. Unless you're aiming to do top tier mathematics, you'll be using a calculator throughout your course and exams. I don't know a single person (albeit those doing high tier maths) who can work out equations in their head. (bar simple addition, multiplication etc)
      My college math courses generally forbid the use of calculators. But then, most higher level math courses tend to use small and simple numbers to make it easier and focus on the concepts being taught.

Count
      Feg den Dreck aus diesem Land.

Toxic

Bits
      Bits
      HOW DOES THIS HAVE 45 REPLIES

„Wo kommt der Untermensch her? Er kommt nirgends her, er ist da, von Anfang an und in jedem Volk.“

Baron
      Battleborn beta is pretty
      sweet.

Amused

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
      Boredom?
      46!!!
      Spoiler: Pony Personality Test Results 

uh oh

Delighted

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
      Because we keep trying to explain to him/her but they're not listening, forcing us to repeat ourselves.

Baron
      In this world, it is kill or
      be killed

Toxic

Bits
      Awards Helpful Member
      Bits
      Let me get this straight;
      You are ranting about not being good at Maths, however, everyone has given you several useful advises and yet, you shoot them all down.
      I apologise if it sounded a bit crude of me, but what are you trying to achieve with this stubborn attitude? Are you seeking for love and sympathy? Are you just venting some steam by using Life and Rants as a place to post all of your problems? Currently, like everyone else said, all you do is acting like a victim and shooting their advises down.

Then again, sorry if I sounded a bit crude, it is just the fact that I am so eager to understand what are you getting at.
      Last edited by Flowey!; 09-10-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast