FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
      On Strike
      Emotionless

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits
      But girls want a tall guy who will protect them and their children from harm.

Even short girls want tall guys, so your advice is useless.

Let's get Cynical!
      You may be right; I may be
      crazy, but it just may be a
      lunatic you're looking for.

Confident

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with HonorsLinguistElement of Generosity
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
      But girls want a tall guy who will protect them and their children from harm.

Even short girls want tall guys, so your advice is useless.
      There's no advice in the world that is going to make you taller. The advice you were given was to stop being so self-entitled and that there is nothing wrong with shorter girls (in fact, many people find them more attractive). Nobody "deserves a reasonably attractive girl" just for simply existing. If you are judging girls by their height and attractiveness, are you any better than the girls who are judging you on the fact that you are short? Instead of judging others (and yourself) by their heights, perhaps you should look for some people with whom you have things in common and move from there instead of immediately counting someone out because she's only 5'0".

As for yourself, I think a couple people have hit the nail on the head. The reason you are having trouble finding a girlfriend is because you value yourself over others. It's not because you're short or because girls don't feel you can protect them and their children; it's because they don't want to give you that chance. Take some time to reflect on what is actually important in your life and the relationship you want. If what is important is some arm candy, then you are certainly looking in the wrong direction (unless you make millions and just want some skank who will leave you in two years and take half your stuff). However, if you figure out that you value an actual relationship where both parties are willing to sacrifice some things for the other, then you'll find the advice given to be worthwhile and true.

Good luck in whatever path you choose.

On Strike
      Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Could I be short because I was born prematurely? Or because I didn't drink my milk as a kid?

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Could I be short because I was born prematurely? Or because I didn't drink my milk as a kid?
      No.

You're short due to genetics and diet. The amount of protein, as well as up to 20 different genes contribute to how tall you grow. Also your mothers diet and lifestyle while you were in the womb would have had a big effect on your height.

Long story short, it's too late to worry about your height now

On Strike
      Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
      No.

You're short due to genetics and diet. The amount of protein, as well as up to 20 different genes contribute to how tall you grow. Also your mothers diet and lifestyle while you were in the womb would have had a big effect on your height.

Long story short, it's too late to worry about your height now
      I ate lots of meat growing up. Are you saying I'm short because of genetics?

My dad and uncle are 5'8, and my paternal grandfather was 5'11.

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      I ate lots of meat growing up. Are you saying I'm short because of genetics?

My dad and uncle are 5'8, and my paternal grandfather was 5'11.
      I'm saying genetics will have played a part in it

On Strike
      Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
      I'm saying genetics will have played a part in it
      But are you saying it's mostly genetics?

What can I do ya for
      Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Bits
      But are you saying it's mostly genetics?
      No one knows for definite. I mean genetics definitely plays a large role, but scientists haven't been able to locate any specific genes relating to height. Also environment will always play a major role in growth

On Strike
      Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      I think my life would be perfect if I were taller. I'm smart, funny, and good-looking.

Buyer of goods
      <3

Happy

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Wow
Many sad
Much criBest of '14 - Best StaffShouter - Top 5 in Lifetime ShoutsElement of Generosity - BECAUSE PONIES ARE NICE and you're a nice pony who helps make the forum better!Best of '12 - Best Staff, Most Helpful and Community Favourite.Asset to the Forum
      Bits
      I think my life would be perfect if I were taller. I'm smart, funny, and good-looking.
      Don't forget arrogant.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast