FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!
  • Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      "Are my ears burning?
      Because with how hot I look, I
      should be on fire!"

Fabulous

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Pinkie was plain horrible in this episode to Fluttershy and she knows it. She really didn't think before she acted. She's behaving more and more like an autistic child. (no offence to anyone who has autism, I know it affects different people in different ways)
      I really don't think her character is needed in the show, and episodes like this prove it. It would have been a great episode if she hadn't have been in it.

They really need to calm her down a bit. Every time I see her I think "omg just shut up". I could never be friends with someone like that IRL.

Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Rarity View Post
      Pinkie was plain horrible in this episode to Fluttershy and she knows it. She really didn't think before she acted. She's behaving more and more like an autistic child. (no offence to anyone who has autism, I know it affects different people in different ways)
      I really don't think her character is needed in the show, and episodes like this prove it. It would have been a great episode if she hadn't have been in it.

They really need to calm her down a bit. Every time I see her I think "omg just shut up". I could never be friends with someone like that IRL.
      This was my one gripe with this (and several other recent) episode(s). They have turned the character of Pinkie Pie into some horrific caricature of who she was originally characterised as, with the stupid logic of "people like when Pinkie is random, let's make her random all the fking time." Seriously, she's dropped from my favourite character in season 1 to perhaps the worst character (except Rainbow Dash).

Otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised that a Fluttershy episode did not suck. And they FINALLY dealt with the fact that she seems to forget that she's learned a similar lesson every time she has an episode "Ok, so I'm slightly less scared, but I'm still pretty damn scared. Give me time"

Geeky

Bits
      I had been waiting for a playback episode for months and at last it's here.

This episode had highlights like Cheerilee and Big Mac swooning, the return of Flutterguy and more.

Nine-tailed
      Secret

Bits
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for the great moderator work.Asset to the Forum - For your work with the Lovables and contests.Best of '13 - Most Helpful, Best MusicianArtist
      The caption contest for the episode! Remember you can win 1000 bits just by taking 2 minutes of your time!

http://equestriaforever.com/showthre...-Filli-Vanilli
      Man, he took his time in the sun
      Had a dream to understand
      But one day'll cease to be
      Greet the last light of the library
      We were here!

Baron
      Lovin' airlines

Arrogant

Bits
      Awards Linguist
      I think Pinkie was on her period.

Chrysalis made this awesome sig!

I'm back, pegasusiseisus.

Delighted

Bits
      this episode is incredible. 10/10

Live and Time Goes by so Fast

Geeky

Bits
      I actually saw a few problems with this episode when it came to the premise and detail:

* The fact Fluttershy's friends act as if they had never heard her sing before... Fluttershy has song in front of ponies in the past without any problems.
      * Fluttershy's crippling stage fright... you all do remember Green Isn't Your Color and Hearth's Warming Eve right?

Episodes where Fluttershy sings in front of other and isn't shown to be nervous: Stare Master, Bridle Gossip, May the Best Pet Win!, and as part of the accompaniment of another pony's songs.

The problem with Filli Vanilli for me, no matter how cute the scenes with our favorite shy pegasus, until that episode Fluttershy had NEVER shown a problem in singing in front of others. More, she has done so many times in the past without any hint of stage fright, without any sort of discomfort or hesitation. More, even when on stage and Fluttershy has shown nervousness in front of other is was nowhere near the crippling stage fright she 'all of a sudden' in Filli Vanilli.
      ----------------

I admit, this isn't the first time the writers have exaggerated a character trait for plot, they have been all over the place with Fluttershy's shyness and fears but still. Magic Duel is one such episode where they exaggerate her fearfulness even though she hasn't been such in a while.

Wandering Vagabond

Smitten

Bits
      Blog Entries
      Awards Decommissioned with Honors - Thanks for all the hard work as staff, Dave!Asset to the ForumGood OPBest of '13 - Mass Debater
      Quote Originally Posted by EquestrianScholar View Post
      I actually saw a few problems with this episode when it came to the premise and detail:

* The fact Fluttershy's friends act as if they had never heard her sing before... Fluttershy has song in front of ponies in the past without any problems.
      * Fluttershy's crippling stage fright... you all do remember Green Isn't Your Color and Hearth's Warming Eve right?

Episodes where Fluttershy sings in front of other and isn't shown to be nervous: Stare Master, Bridle Gossip, May the Best Pet Win!, and as part of the accompaniment of another pony's songs.

The problem with Filli Vanilli for me, no matter how cute the scenes with our favorite shy pegasus, until that episode Fluttershy had NEVER shown a problem in singing in front of others. More, she has done so many times in the past without any hint of stage fright, without any sort of discomfort or hesitation. More, even when on stage and Fluttershy has shown nervousness in front of other is was nowhere near the crippling stage fright she 'all of a sudden' in Filli Vanilli.
      ----------------

I admit, this isn't the first time the writers have exaggerated a character trait for plot, they have been all over the place with Fluttershy's shyness and fears but still. Magic Duel is one such episode where they exaggerate her fearfulness even though she hasn't been such in a while.
      The big issue with Fluttershy is that lessons learned NEVER stick. Her character gets effectively reset each time a new episode focusing on her happens, with maybe a very slight adjustment to her based on previous episodes

Live and Time Goes by so Fast

Geeky

Bits
      That is admittedly another issue with Fluttershy episodes, especially when the writers weaken Fluttershy by making her flaws stronger instead of weaker as it believable for a growing character.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12