FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: OC: Golden Bit

On Strike
      Omg 100,000 profile views.
      Also check out my Steam, just
      click on Home Page.

Bits
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

OC: Golden Bit

Name: Golden Bit

Species: Earth pony

Approximate age: 17

Spoiler: Picture and/or Description 

Background: Golden Bit was born into a not poor but not either a rich family from Ponyville. Her mother Major Money looked at her golden coat color and most of the time after Golden Bits' birth she referred her as "Little Bit". During school, Golden Bit was shown to be very good in mathematics, being the best of her class for that matter. One day, a mathematics tournament was organized between numerous schools. The tournament consisted of multiplication tables, equations and geometry. Ponyville's school won, thanks to Golden Bit. There was also a prize of 300 golden bits for the winning school, and Ponyville's school demanded for Golden Bit to have a third of the money (100 golden bits). Golden Bit accepted and donated half of it for charity (as per Major Money's suggestion) and the rest for the shop her mother runs. During Golden Bit's first school years, her father Shiny Coin was chosen to lead a proper business in Manehattan, and he took the chance. He also moved to Manehattan permanently, but he is still in touch with his family in Ponyville, and at times help their shop by donating some of the money he earns from the business he now became an owner in (Shiny is in charge of Major's shop as well at the same time).

Major Money was aware of Golden Bit's mathematics talents during her time in school. Every single testimony from each year knew an A-grade in mathematics. Major Money had always trusted all the least financial stuff for her, such as grocery shopping. Throughout Golden's studies, her mother taught her more and more, step by step, about business. One day, Major had to leave for a visit with her friends and left Golden Bit to run the shop instead. Golden was not alone though, Major asked her mother to keep an eye on Golden as she tried her best to run the shop. Major's mother, however, fell asleep shortly after they began the chores. Golden tried to wake her up but she had fallen in a deep sleep. Golden was now on her own, but she had to deal with the customers. When Major returned, she saw that Golden had received her cutie mark (Golden Bit learned about customer service as she dealt with the customers). Golden also ate some of the food in the shelves and did it only when there were no customers in sight. Major took another look and saw a couple of packages being opened as well as foods with bite marks. Golden was apparently hungry and ate some food, as she was not allowed to leave the shop. Major checked the cash box just to be sure, and no money was missing, instead they had earned some. She told Golden to keep a track of all shoppings and all were counted correctly as well as all changes being given to the customers. Major, however, from that day onwards changed her mind about putting too much faith in Golden due to her recklessness. Golden continued watching her mother run the shop and learn in the process. Major gave her some small tasks to do, e.g. cleaning and sorting out products.

As Golden Bit graduated from the school, Major Money asked Golden Bit to start working as a proper apprentice for her. A year after having been graduated from the school, Golden Bit and her parents had enlarged their business to a chain. The shop now also got its new name Little Major Shop (a reference to Golden Bit's nickname), as it had been called simply as Major Shop. Major Money also taught Little Bit the fashion of money saving, which caused Golden Bit to become very accurate when it comes to buyings. Golden was still a bit reckless though as she kept eating the food held on the shelves, though not as much as a filly. As Major trained Golden in the mathematics, one day she became pretty much equal to Major. Golden can calculate percetanges, and make additions, multiplications and divisons, after quick thinking. She can also count with her head rather well and does not often need a calculator.

Personality: Accurate, mingy, kind, overthinking (at times), service-ready, social, slightly narsistic, reckless

Cutie Mark: A plain golden bit. Golden Bit's talent is related to bits respectively: she is very good in financies and business for a pony of her age. She has partly learned her talent in school in math lessons, and partly by helping her mother in their own shop business.

Use: Forum and shoutbox RP.

Other: An alt account for the character would be preferred.
      Last edited by Wheatley; 03-08-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: fixed image

Baron
      Feelin lucky all the time ;)

Happy

Bits
      Bits
      There's a mare version of me?
      Lols Flowey! Lol'd

On Strike
      click on Home Page.

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Bit View Post
      There's a mare version of me?
      Evil twin!

Gosh, didn't know that you already existed.

Large and in charge

Tired

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Scratch View Post
      Evil twin!

Gosh, didn't know that you already existed.
      My RP alt who's a 10 year old colt

On Strike
      click on Home Page.

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarity View Post
      My RP alt who's a 10 year old colt
      Well, damn.

I would've wanted Little Bit but oh well. Might change to Golden Bit or something...

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      @Vinyl Scratch
      My apologizes for taking so long, I have been extremely slow this week.

Thank you for your submission! Unfortunately there are a few issues to look into.

It seems a bit extreme that Golden's first words was "bit" and mathematical terms. They could been early, but generally the first words are simple things like "daddy" or similar. Particularly the math, which wouldn't even be understandable to a foal.

Furthermore, seeing the level of Ponyville's school we would have to assume that the contest would be more along the lines of multiplication-tables or the like, rather then the more advanced math you seem to lean towards. You may wish to clarify this, and preferably how much she won in the contest.

You make very little mention of where Golden learn her talent. You state that it is mainly related to finance and business, but you do not tell much about how it is learned. The school would not really teach that, above multiplication. If you could add a bit about how her mother taught her about business, we'd be thankful.

We would also like to see a bit more about her personality - what is described so far is basically only what is written down in the personality-section. We don't get a feel for her in the background, so she quite honestly seems like a bit of a mystery.

Finally, we would to have a clarification on her skills. You state that they are related to finance, but exactly how good? Is she able to balance the books for a shop, or even more? You also talk a lot about her skills in pure math, and we'd like to know how skilled she is in this as well, as math is a very, very wide area.

Feel free to edit back into the main post and then notify me. If you have any questions or comments with regards to your character, feel free to contact me and I will see what I can do to help you.
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!

On Strike
      click on Home Page.

Bits
      Bits
      @Lyssea

I tried my best to bring out the asked parts.

RolePlay Moderator

I am Alpharius

Friendly

Bits
      Awards Thespian
      Bits
      @Vinyl Scratch
      This looks acceptable. Welcome to the RP, feel free to message me with your alt to receive the proper RP-rights.
      The Emperor Protects.

Praised be the Omnissiah.

Hydra Dominatus!