FiM is community funded, click here to help out!

Donate Today!

User Tag List

• Aghast
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrogant
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bored
  • Chaotic
  • Classy
  • Cocky
  • Confident
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Delighted
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Dumb
  • Embarrased
  • Emotionless
  • Enraged
  • Excited
  • Fabulous
  • Flirtatious
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Heroic
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Meh
  • Mischievous
  • Piratey
  • Proud
  • Restful
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Secret
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Suggestive
  • Timid
  • Tired
  • Toxic
  • Uneasy
  • Wise
  • WTF

Thread: Dystopia

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Awards Time LordHelpful Member - All the guides.Shouter
      User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
      Bits

Dystopia

Trib and Gando were having a discussion about this that I took a little part in and I found it intriguing how much there was to say about following rules. The discussion pertained mostly to Utopia/Dystopia, how Frosty should have known that that/those sections were where people go to attack each other for fun. I won't go into more detail about that discussion because we

Anyway what I wanted to bring up is that you are given a fair warning that Utopia is the section for flaming/trolling other members and are recommended to be 17+ years old before entering. So if you do get upset the way Frosty did, isn't it your own fault for not following rules/guidelines/heeding warnings?

Another point is that this is the internet, people come here to chill and be someone they're usually not. As such people who are nice and kind in real life can come to this section of these forums to be a total asshole and not have to worry about actually hurting anyone. And people who become genuinely upset over something can go there and get a good laugh at others trying to cause them to be more upset. It's also a good place to let your real hurtful feelings about people/things show and find entertainment in upsetting someone who takes you too seriously.

Really, Dystopia/Utopia is a place for people to find laughs, not for people to cry about something someone else said to or about them. As such, why should we go light on someone there just because they're sensitive when it's in that section of the forum?
      Sig by Tilli

Spoiler: Steam 

Count
      PPMD Kreygasm

Cool

Bits
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      It's obviously his own fault for not adhering to the warnings/rules, I don't think anyone will (maybe even CAN) disagree with that statement.

That being said, I don't see what there is to debate about.
      Last edited by Santiago; 08-30-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Bits
      That Gando person really seems to think that Trib went too far with that Vladipedia thread. It's funny that he's so against it because it's an attack on someone who didn't heed the warnings or follow the recommendations. If we want, we can talk specifically about whether or not Frosty should be so upset about it. A lot of valid points were made in that thread, but a lot of jokes and blatant lies were made in it as well. It's really just an overly-long joke that shouldn't be taken seriously in any possible way. However the betrayal Tanel showed by having shared those screenshots for the thread must have been pretty crushing.

However again, since Frosty already has had perms to Utopia he should have seen the other threads directed at attacking him, both of which Tanel had posted his support of the attacks on him. He should have known Tanel was not to be trusted, but also shouldn't be upset because, again, this is the internet where people have anonymity and are able to be assholes without the fear of hurting someone they know in real life.

Maybe what we should discuss is Cyber-bullying and what that really means. (Oh crap... is this discussion becoming a discussion on what we should discuss? )
      Sig by Tilli

Forever lurking.

Emotionless

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by Xalder View Post
      That Gando person really seems to think that Trib went too far with that Vladipedia thread. It's funny that he's so against it because it's an attack on someone who didn't heed the warnings or follow the recommendations. If we want, we can talk specifically about whether or not Frosty should be so upset about it. A lot of valid points were made in that thread, but a lot of jokes and blatant lies were made in it as well. It's really just an overly-long joke that shouldn't be taken seriously in any possible way. However the betrayal Tanel showed by having shared those screenshots for the thread must have been pretty crushing.

However again, since Frosty already has had perms to Utopia he should have seen the other threads directed at attacking him, both of which Tanel had posted his support of the attacks on him. He should have known Tanel was not to be trusted, but also shouldn't be upset because, again, this is the internet where people have anonymity and are able to be assholes without the fear of hurting someone they know in real life.

Maybe what we should discuss is Cyber-bullying and what that really means. (Oh crap... is this discussion becoming a discussion on what we should discuss? )
      That 'gando person' would like to be referred as a he rather then a thing like you make him out to be with that referal. Also that person isn't going to take the effort to discuss it all again, i think both Trib and I came to an agreement and we should leave it at that.

Have fun discussing guys although I doubt that anyone on this forum shares my opinion and will use/say any of the things I have proven to be correct in the skypechat, therefore I think this'll turn out to be more of an opinion thread then a discussing thread.

Baron
      Meh.

Annoyed

Bits
      Bits
      ugh not this all over again this is NOT worth discussing, trib and gando already sorted this out and this isn't even a discussion about dystopia seeing the way you brought this up. can't you just drop the subject already and let it go?
      Well I wish I could say it was fun but it really wasn't, the bit I've been here was as much a shitstorm of hate as it was before even when I was simply making a joke, I'm gone.

All my activity/thoughts are findable in my usernotes, enjoy.

Pheonix
      Classy

Bits
      Bits
      Quote Originally Posted by JuniorGando View Post
      That 'gando person' would like to be referred as a he rather then a thing like you make him out to be with that referal. Also that person isn't going to take the effort to discuss it all again, i think both Trib and I came to an agreement and we should leave it at that.

Have fun discussing guys although I doubt that anyone on this forum shares my opinion and will use/say any of the things I have proven to be correct in the skypechat, therefore I think this'll turn out to be more of an opinion thread then a discussing thread.
      Forgot what exactly your forum name was here, would have use a mention otherwise, sorry about that. I feel that attack was highly unnecessary. And it does seem that you're the only one with that opinion. Sorry, I thought people might have a similar opinion to you and would bring up some of those points for discussion. Also I didn't participate as much in that skype discussion because I wasn't interested at the time. That's the nice thing about this discussion section. You can take a break to reflect on stuff and come back when you have more to say. Live discussions do have other advantages, too, though...

@Slowking: I agree. This subject seems to have been exhausted in skype. Unless somebody agrees with @JuniorGando there is not much that can be done in this thread. I apologize for bringing up a dead discussion.
      Sig by Tilli

Count
      PPMD Kreygasm

Cool

Bits
      Awards LinguistBest of '12 - Mass Debater
      Bits
      Forgot what exactly your forum name was here, would have use a mention otherwise, sorry about that. I feel that attack was highly unnecessary. And it does seem that you're the only one with that opinion. Sorry, I thought people might have a similar opinion to you and would bring up some of those points for discussion. Also I didn't participate as much in that skype discussion because I wasn't interested at the time. That's the nice thing about this discussion section. You can take a break to reflect on stuff and come back when you have more to say. Live discussions do have other advantages, too, though...

@Slowking: I agree. This subject seems to have been exhausted in skype. Unless somebody agrees with @JuniorGando there is not much that can be done in this thread. I apologize for bringing up a dead discussion.
      Not sure if you are requesting for this to be locked or not.....

She's Cute Though, So It's Alright
      Emotionless

Bits
      Awards Asset to the ForumBest of '13 - Best Staff, Best OPGood OPLinguistTime LordThespianElement of Generosity
      Bits
      I'm going to close this, if for some reason you feel it should be reopened PM a staff member.

A debate about cyberbullying would be interesting, @Xalder! You should make it!
      Thanks Philomena thanked for this post